30/08/2002, 7:33 PM
O FLYNN SCORED:D

Dricky
30/08/2002, 7:47 PM
Move over Crowe.
Elvis is back in the building!!!!!

Seanie
30/08/2002, 7:58 PM
Great stuff - it's these sort of Friday afternoon's that you'd wish to be back home (or at Dalymount) rather than clicking the refresh button on aertel's webpage - it would beat watching the Red Sox this week.

Any team news anyone?

C'mon City

eoinh
30/08/2002, 8:11 PM
still 1-0 to city:D

eoinh
30/08/2002, 8:22 PM
still winning 1-0. michael devine in goal is having a great game in goal for city. latest news to follow..............

razor
30/08/2002, 8:23 PM
12 mins left still 1 up
its live on radio 1 medium wave 729

eoinh
30/08/2002, 8:26 PM
mulligan on for o'flynn. mulcroney on for o' callaghan with 7 minutes left

eoinh
30/08/2002, 8:33 PM
bohs have equalised:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

eoinh
30/08/2002, 8:35 PM
are clinging on.

eoinh
30/08/2002, 8:37 PM
1-1. sounded like a good match

Seanie
30/08/2002, 8:40 PM
How much time was left when Bohs equalised? I would probably have taken a draw before the game, but it's disappointing to concede so late and be denied the chance of taking top spot and ending Bohs unbeaten streak.

eoinh
30/08/2002, 8:43 PM
to go. cork were hanging on but then got two corners (their first in the match!!!)

pete
30/08/2002, 9:29 PM
Bohs missed a lot of chances. Glen Crowe showed why he will never play for Ireland. John O;Flynn took through ball, rounded the keeper & slotted it home from right of the goal.
Pretty much one way traffic towards city goal for most of the 1st half & ALL of the 2nd half. City moved closer & close to their own 6 yard box as the half wore on as Gunther always seems to have them doing.

Ref was bad (lost count of the no. of frees for "contact" yet only 1 card near the end for Greg. Linesman on the stand side in the 2nd half was abismal - lets just say if was the opening game of the World Cup or such they'd send him home straight away. The gave many terrible offsides against city & was shockingly late with a few.

O'Flynn also hit the bar in the 2nd half after a city break as arrived at the far post to shoot against the bar with keeper stranded.

Loads of Judas chants for Derek especially after a few speciality hoofs ;)

Devine was inspired form & must have played best game for city. Always seemed to be the right sport in the box to catch or punch.

IMO O'Callaghan was a waste of space, giving the ball away far too cheaply when we badly needed to hang onto the ball.

Little teenage scuts hung around the stand afterwards in an attempt to start something. Fair dues for stewards for rooting out the main trouble maker (unlike at some other grounds) but that didn't stop them having a go in the lane outside afterwards!

Bohs scored with far post scramble either directly from corner or after corner cleared just as added time board been showed by 4th official.

A draw is a good result but the general level of play in away games hasn't changed. Gunther has no tactic but tactic A away from home.

:(

p.s. "Glen Crowe for Ireland" ROLMAO

:eek:

clarke
30/08/2002, 10:59 PM
Pete - excellent summary.

Second half was particularly maddening. We kept defending deeper and deeper and the midfield was non-existant. Without Devine we would have been buried. We found it very hard to sting 3 or 4 passes together as the game went on - loads of hoofing.

I would have settled for a point beforehand and its a pity we didn't get all three having held out so long, but in the end I was delighted leaving dalymount with three points.

Pablo
31/08/2002, 11:38 AM
What kind of support did City have? you could hear De BAnks being sung on the radio

Colm
31/08/2002, 1:53 PM
Originally posted by pete

Little teenage scuts hung around the stand afterwards in an attempt to start something. Fair dues for stewards for rooting out the main trouble maker (unlike at some other grounds) but that didn't stop them having a go in the lane outside afterwards!
Its all well and good the stewards throwing them out but its pretty pointless if their going to leave them wait right outside the ground for us.
They were only about 15 but they were looking for trouble, they were pushing and shoving City fans but I dont think anyone took them seriously!
It was a nothing incident really and is best forgotten!

Colm
31/08/2002, 1:55 PM
Originally posted by Pablo
What kind of support did City have? Yeah, good support for a friday night. There was about 200 to 300 city fans there id say.

Johnny
31/08/2002, 3:14 PM
O'Callaghan had a poor game alright. He hangs onto the ball too long and at least twice in the 2nd half attempted fancy flicks inside our own half which didn't come off and put us under pressure. Good to see Mulligan back again. Devine was excellent apart from his kickouts from the hand which were poor last night. For the second game in a row at Dalyer we've been caught with a last minute equaliser. It was inevitable though, as we were defending far too deep for all the second half.

patsh
02/09/2002, 8:44 AM
O'Callaghan was very poor. When will he realise that the fancy stuff is not for games like last Friday? I thought Billy looked very very tired at the end. Is he fully fit?
I thought it was a strange game, in that we could have been beaten by 3 or won by 3. Still it was always absorbing and quite a lot of decent football played. This tactic of letting the oppostion have the ball and then trying to score on the break is a disaster though.
The most annoying thing for me was that Assh*le O'Neill gave a foul throw against Alan Carey and a few minutes later, the Bohs man threw the ball in exactly the same way as Carey, but O'Neill let it go and they scored.
Bohs are a good side though, so if they and Pat's are the best, I think we showed that we can seriously trouble them. City are not quite there yet, but I certainly think we are getting there. We just need more tactical idea's and plans from Gunther....

pete
02/09/2002, 9:39 AM
Originally posted by oddboy
We just need more tactical idea's and plans from Gunther....

LOL

If Gunther hasn't come with any ideas (i.e. tactics) for away games yet i don't think he ever will.

Ever since Gunther took over hes been using the same away day "tactics". Even when he took over from DM & city strung good results together it was counter attacking play while ridding our luck at home.

btw i'd still be criticising Gunther for the 2nd half on friday even if we'd managed to hang on.

Neil
02/09/2002, 10:27 AM
Would it be an idea to use Mulligan and O'Flynn as our strikers away from home? And O'Callaghan at home...

Éanna
02/09/2002, 9:06 PM
Originally posted by oddboy
We just need more tactical idea's and plans from Gunther....
LOL! That'll be the day! Can't argue with what pete said ata all. We really deserved nothing out of the game, only that bohs couldn't finish we would have got just that.