PDA

View Full Version : McGuirk OUT

dublinwanderer
15/09/2006, 9:33 PM
a lot of people havin been sayin it lately and i completely agree. he has had his chance and shud just walk. i have a lot of respect for the man but his job is too hard and the club need someone wit experience and new ideas to come in and shake the club up.

after the last cuple of games the squad has shown no passion, pride and commitment. its up to the guys in charge to motivate the squad tony cant do this.

bottom of the table now and completly deserve it. pathetic all season. we deserve to be relegated. it is a sad time to support the club and team :( :( :(

Poor Student
15/09/2006, 9:37 PM
it is a sad time to support the club and team :( :( :(

At least the Carlisle is being sorted out.

Seems like it's between UCD and Bray for the Delaney wilcard relegation spot.

Eoingull
16/09/2006, 1:50 AM
I feel a deep sadness about the Wanderers at the moment. I don't mind the time or money spent supporting a losing team. What kills me is that the sense of anticipation and excitement every weekend is gone. I can gracefully accept defeat after a good contest, but we're not even getting that far. Waterford away was about as bad a Wanderers performance as I've ever seen, and tonight wasn't much better. We made Longford look like a way better team than they are.
I think the Waterford supporter's comment on the previous thread was quite prophetic. We can fool ourselves into thinking things will just get better, but they won't...unless there is a radical upheaval. Bray have no divine right to be in the Premier Division, and I really fear we could end up stuck in the First Division if we go down.

Cabinteelygull
16/09/2006, 10:53 AM
Due to work,school and football i have only been able to attend a handful of games this season so i havent seen as much of the team as some of you but as regards calling for McGurik's sacking, who in their right mind would come in as his replacment??? It's obvious that alot of passion is lacking but i admire the players who have stuck with the club in a season which must be as bad if not worse as the 2002 relagation year.

Green&whitearmy
16/09/2006, 11:14 AM
Agree with dublin wanderer, there has to be a big change in the club. Anyone might do a better job then Tony. There needs to be a new face with fresh ideas brought in. Last nights performance was terrible, longford are not much better then us but we made them look good, it was horrible to watch Bray last night, something drastic has to be done quickly.

Seagull
16/09/2006, 11:58 AM
Due to work,school and football i have only been able to attend a handful of games this season so i havent seen as much of the team as some of you but as regards calling for McGurik's sacking, who in their right mind would come in as his replacment??? It's obvious that alot of passion is lacking but i admire the players who have stuck with the club in a season which must be as bad if not worse as the 2002 relagation year.

Tony McGuirk can't continue as manager. He inherited a team in decline from Devo but he's got nothing out of them. Last night was awful, just deja-vu when they scored so easy so early. McGuirk is in the paper one week saying he's planning for next season, the next week he's saying he 'hasn't got a clue' how to sort things out! If he hasn't got a clue, he has no business managing the team. As for a replacement, whoever did it wouldn't have anything to lose- it can't get much worse. We deserve to be relegated since we are so lacking in ambition. If McGuirk is still in charge next season I won't be renewing my season ticket and it saddens me to say that. :(

superfrank
16/09/2006, 6:42 PM
Another performance like last nights isn't acceptable. I missed the Waterford match but last night's performance was a disgrace and the blame falls on the players and coaching staff.

Last night was the first time this season that the boys in the Shed didn't applaud the lads at the end. Says it all really.

braysnumber1
17/09/2006, 3:30 PM
Tony has had enough time - he has to go immediatly! he took over a bad squad from devo and has not improved it or even changed it at that matter. time to WALK TONY!!:( :(

BrayUnknowns
18/09/2006, 8:38 AM
Were all in agreement so ! Tony must leave the club if we are to try and stop the rot and get better.

Someone said it earlier, Tony is a nice man and have a lot of respect for him BUT, his just not up to the job and thats not a slag against him, thousands of people in the country are not able to do there jobs correct. He is a coach and not a manager - this was proved by the way he treated Roche, Doyle, Vint and James on Friday night. I agree with him that players needed to be dropped but he dropped the wrong ones and totally went about it in the wrong way.

I even think Tony has lost all interest in the job, he just stood there with his arms folded for the 90 minutes. The only good thinng to come out of Friday was the 3 subs, 2 young lads got at least 20 minutes runs and wayne byrne got about 3 or 4 (should have been brought on earlier thou).

The board need to start looking for a a new manager who will bring his own coaching staff in, we just need a total clear out of the senior management and coaching staff, and the sooner this is done the better.

We fully deserve to go down this season but i feel we will get very lucky, ive heard the 2 divisions have already beem made up, but ya never know......

keano16
18/09/2006, 9:20 AM
MOD EDIT: If you want to post rumours, I want sources.

BrayUnknowns
18/09/2006, 9:41 AM
I Heard that Doyler and 2 others were caught drinking Vodka/Whiskey on the Bus home form Waterford after Bray got battered 3 nil and thats why he was dropped if that is true then he deserves it!!

I was talking to Rochey after the game on Friday and he said it is complete and utter boll*x ! said there is no truth in it what so ever, it's an excuse made up by Tony, he also told them they they don't have the heart to play for Bray, which again is just boll*x !

keano16
18/09/2006, 9:55 AM
Sure he is always going to say that in all fairness he is not going to stitch anyone up espically Doyler who is his mate..I was speaking to a couple of Longford players and they were told that was the reason why he and the others were dropped and they were speaking to a couple of Bray Players..Seems a bit strange to leave a player like Robbie out for no reason, as bad as Tony is I cant seem him been that stupid..

BrayUnknowns
18/09/2006, 10:53 AM
Believe me the story has no truth in it what so ever.

bluemovie
18/09/2006, 12:29 PM
I think the Waterford supporter's comment on the previous thread was quite prophetic.

Thank you. Unfortunately, the Prophet Bluemovie has also been denounced by the Pope as bringing the world only evil and inhuman things, but in this case he was dead right.

As for who would want the job if McGuirk was gone, you'd be surprised. That was my reasoning for sticking behind Kerley, but we had 16 applicants for the job when he quit. They included former Premiership players, former Blues players and managers and other former eircom League managers. One of the main contenders was Eddie Gormley so I'd say he for one would be interested in the Bray job.

Brayhead101
18/09/2006, 4:44 PM
Keano16 that's story is complete rubbish, I know for a fact that that story is not true and secondly that wasn't the reason for those 3 players being dropped Mcquirk had quick frankly blamed these 3 players for all of brays problems this season, which is untrue and shows at what level mcguirk's head is at, it was said in previous links that Mcquirk did drop the wrong players, maybe apart from Roche who has made a series of well known blunders, but then again so has nearly all the team especially the management team. This could be a dangerous time IF Mcguirk is looking for scapegoats, instead of figuring out how to resolve his inefficiencies as a mgr. how do you expect players to believe in the management team when you have mcquirk who's still acting like Devo would, by playing certain players dispite form or effort, foxy, Daz, caffrey, pip, tyrell etc, hasn't got a clue of what to do, again shows favouritism to certain players while blaming other players who have done thier best Skippy could be named as one of those, and an assistant mgr Eddie Gormless who has the management skills of a boar, and tried to jump ship at the first chance he got, even got turned down by waterford and was kept on at Bray like nothing happened, the Board have done well with off field developments maybe they have taken eye off ball on onfield going ons, Keano 16 this is not first time on this site that you have made untrue allegations so maybe next time you should get your facts right and ask people involved because going on what 3rd people or hearsay and then passing that on is not a very nice thing to do and can cause a alot of hurt to people involved, thats a free bit of advice I'd suggust you adhere to it before you say something that might get in you in trouble

Seagull
18/09/2006, 7:15 PM
Keano16 that's story is complete rubbish, I know for a fact that that story is not true and secondly that wasn't the reason for those 3 players being dropped Mcquirk had quick frankly blamed these 3 players for all of brays problems this season, which is untrue and shows at what level mcguirk's head is at, it was said in previous links that Mcquirk did drop the wrong players, maybe apart from Roche who has made a series of well known blunders, but then again so has nearly all the team especially the management team. This could be a dangerous time IF Mcguirk is looking for scapegoats, instead of figuring out how to resolve his inefficiencies as a mgr. how do you expect players to believe in the management team when you have mcquirk who's still acting like Devo would, by playing certain players dispite form or effort, foxy, Daz, caffrey, pip, tyrell etc, hasn't got a clue of what to do, again shows favouritism to certain players while blaming other players who have done thier best Skippy could be named as one of those, and an assistant mgr Eddie Gormless who has the management skills of a boar, and tried to jump ship at the first chance he got, even got turned down by waterford and was kept on at Bray like nothing happened, the Board have done well with off field developments maybe they have taken eye off ball on onfield going ons, Keano 16 this is not first time on this site that you have made untrue allegations so maybe next time you should get your facts right and ask people involved because going on what 3rd people or hearsay and then passing that on is not a very nice thing to do and can cause a alot of hurt to people involved, thats a free bit of advice I'd suggust you adhere to it before you say something that might get in you in trouble

. That's a full stop, check it out.

ilovejam
18/09/2006, 7:48 PM
MOD EDIT: Again, I want your sources.

Brayhead101
19/09/2006, 8:32 AM
. That's a full stop, check it out.

Full stops usually go at end of sentences and not at beginning. Also if I knew there was going to be test on grammer etc., I would of cancelled my afternoon meetings in work to make sure I got everything right for my posting to a football forum:) Suppose your the type of gobsh!te who pulls people up for abreviating on TXT messages:confused: . Get a life, and appreciate that people dont have the same amount of time as you, as some of us do work and earn money, probably two phrases unfamiliar to you.:eek:

Brayhead101
19/09/2006, 8:48 AM
spoke to 3 different bray players (at different times) who were on the bus and it is true. Tony used the 'Not passionate enough' as a cop out as he found to fine them 2 weeks wages each sufficiant. plus if keano16 is Hopper as we think he is it makes sense for him to be stitching players up because he's feeling bitter:ball: :ball: :ball:

Are you going to give us facts, or you going to give us this third hand cr@p that people who want to spread dirt usually come up with. You say you spoke to 3 players on the bus, well then name them. If there telling the truth what have they got to hide. And show your proof that these players were fined two weeks wages, Tell ya what I love jam, I think your spoofing, trying to stir sh!te, well don't ya think Robbie Doyle, no matter what ya think of him or how he's played has had a tough enough year dealing with the loss of his brother, who he was very close to, without people spreading rubbish stories, Including one Mr Tony Mcguirk, who was slated on last nights EL weekly for his views of whats going on. Says it all really.

Bray Head
19/09/2006, 9:10 AM
Tony's comments on EL weekly were unbelievable. What positives came out of a 2-0 home defeat to the team 3rd from bottom and we were lucky to only lose by 2 goals. Surely some of the coaching staff must look at the video's of the goals conceded and sort out the defence. It's shocking to see basic schoolboy errors every week for the goals we are conceding.

superfrank
19/09/2006, 1:47 PM
Look lads come down.

As to the whole "Bray players drinking" thing: If you are going to come on here and say it as fact, you must give at least three named witnesses. Ok?

Otherwise I'll delete your post.

Seagull
19/09/2006, 3:17 PM
Full stops usually go at end of sentences and not at beginning. Also if I knew there was going to be test on grammer etc., I would of cancelled my afternoon meetings in work to make sure I got everything right for my posting to a football forum Suppose your the type of gobsh!te who pulls people up for abreviating on TXT messages. Get a life, and appreciate that people dont have the same amount of time as you, as some of us do work and earn money, probably two phrases unfamiliar to you.
Relax there, that oul executive stress can do you damage. :cool:

Brayhead101
19/09/2006, 4:01 PM
Relax there, that oul executive stress can do you damage. :cool:

Ha ha ha, nice one seagull;), maybe your right, maybe working too hard and watching Bray play every week is causing the oul stress levels to go thru the roof.:p apologies my man

ilovejam
19/09/2006, 4:55 PM
MOD EDIT: Again, I want your sources.
*****MOD EDIT*****

I know for a fact that this incident happened and if you want to delete this because i will not name and shame, then il leave the people who are discussing the third hand stuff to continue on doing so.

Honestly, the truth will come out some stage i suppose

Brayhead101
20/09/2006, 8:34 AM
*****MOD EDIT*****

I know for a fact that this incident happened and if you want to delete this because i will not name and shame, then il leave the people who are discussing the third hand stuff to continue on doing so.

Honestly, the truth will come out some stage i suppose

OK Ilovejam, the truth as you say will come out. But you and keano16 have come out and made statements of FACT. What me and others have asked you to do, is back up your statements with fact or proof, and if you are unable or unwilling to do so, well then keep it to yourself. You have no problem trying to land these players in it, so why can't give the names of the players who said this. The players involved have stated this as untrue, but yet you won't believe them. Yet you are prepared to believe three players that you can't name. What proof do you have that there players if they exist are not lying or said it at all, maybe it suited them to have players dropped. Listen, Either way it doesn't change anything, Bray are in trouble and from I what I last heard it still isn't clear if teams will be relegated or not. Maybe if someone knows they can update me on this situation

ilovejam
21/09/2006, 4:49 PM
[QUOTE=Brayhead101;538426]Yet you are prepared to believe three players that you can't name.[/QUOTE

i can name but i said it would not be fair to. i think being involved on the trip to waterford and seeing it is enough for me but its not possible to give proof or fact because neither of us where on the bus.
what i say ,you could just say i or the players made it up. You say the players deny it and i say obviously they would so prove that they wernt drinking? You cant because your going on their word and for the sake of their football career they're not going to come out and admit to everyone else.

I dont rely care if you believe them or not i just find it unacceptable that 'allegedly'(for now) these people getting paid from your pocket can behave in such a manner whilst representing the club you support and for management team to cover it up. There is enough trouble at bray without that.

bluemovie
21/09/2006, 4:53 PM
Thank you. Unfortunately, the Prophet Bluemovie has also been denounced by the Pope as bringing the world only evil and inhuman things, but in this case he was dead right.

As for who would want the job if McGuirk was gone, you'd be surprised. That was my reasoning for sticking behind Kerley, but we had 16 applicants for the job when he quit. They included former Premiership players, former Blues players and managers and other former eircom League managers. One of the main contenders was Eddie Gormley so I'd say he for one would be interested in the Bray job.

The Prophet has spoken.

Eoingull
22/09/2006, 1:27 AM
Well done Prophet...I might be back in touch the next time we're in trouble...for a bit of crystal-ballgazing!!!