PDA

View Full Version : Satellite TV systems

anto1208
15/09/2006, 3:06 PM
can anyone help i know feck all about satalite systems , what im looking for is a system that will pick up the european channels that show the live prem games . channel + , super sport etc etc

is there any great mystery to picking up these stations or do you need a nasa like dish to get them ? or if any one has one already can they recomend a system to purchase .

drinkfeckarse
15/09/2006, 3:08 PM
can anyone help i know feck all

You said it ;) :D

Dodge
15/09/2006, 3:11 PM
Go to the satellite section of Boards.ie, full of people who know how to get everything

anto1208
15/09/2006, 3:14 PM
You said it

ill defy you all , i know twice as much ,as nothing at all !!! :D :D

soccerc
15/09/2006, 3:25 PM
can anyone help i know feck all about satalite systems , what im looking for is a system that will pick up the european channels that show the live prem games . channel + , super sport etc etc

is there any great mystery to picking up these stations or do you need a nasa like dish to get them ? or if any one has one already can they recomend a system to purchase .

PM the user Cowboy. I am sure he could help!

Roadend
15/09/2006, 3:32 PM
You need a dish that's approx. a meter in diameter and a satellie box called dream something or other( can't remeber the last bit). Then you can buy ART cards on e-bay for 140euro or thereabouts. Apparently that super sport channel is very expensive to get.

kdjaC
15/09/2006, 4:00 PM
www.satellite.ie ring and ask for tony :)

kdjac

RonnieB
15/09/2006, 4:50 PM
You need ideally an 80cm dish to pick up the ART channels on Hotbird. A reciever with either a CI slot or built in Viaccess cam which will allow you to use the ART card in it. Art cards are around 150ish euros per year and give you all english footie and some other leagues as well to my knowledge. The sat section on boards.ie as already stated has tonnes of info on this subject.

Super Sport is part of the NOVA (greek) package. Yearly subscriptions run anywhere upto 1000euro per year, the same with the canal+ sport channels, they are also on a different satellite "Thor 1west" pricing on these channels is also very expensive. Around 500ish will get you all the equipment you need for Viewing art anyway.

kdjaC
15/09/2006, 10:07 PM
You need ideally an 80cm dish to pick up the ART channels on Hotbird. A reciever with either a CI slot or built in Viaccess cam which will allow you to use the ART card in it. Art cards are around 150ish euros per year and give you all english footie and some other leagues as well to my knowledge. The sat section on boards.ie as already stated has tonnes of info on this subject.

Super Sport is part of the NOVA (greek) package. Yearly subscriptions run anywhere upto 1000euro per year, the same with the canal+ sport channels, they are also on a different satellite "Thor 1west" pricing on these channels is also very expensive. Around 500ish will get you all the equipment you need for Viewing art anyway.

How long have you waited for someone to ask?

:D

kdjac

RonnieB
28/09/2006, 2:00 PM
The cheek! ;)