PDA

View Full Version : New Ground

Oh No
29/08/2002, 5:00 PM
What exactly is the story on the new ground?
Has it started?
I just don't hear a lot about it!

A face
29/08/2002, 7:14 PM
What is that about, it is the first i have heard of it. :confused:

atfconline
29/08/2002, 10:40 PM
I posted some stuff over to the office there the other day and I asked about the stadium development too. If I'm told anything about it, I'll post it on the site.

At the AGM, Tom McEnroe gave a little talk on how things were coming along with it. The €1M had just come through that day or the day before meaning they could actually start work then. He didn't want to give any firm dates to when stuff would actually happen, but he did say that they would be on site with 2-3 weeks, and that they hoped to hold a public meeting in town about a month after the AGM, which was in June some time wasn't it?

As for the actual site itself, I think that it is in between the RSC and the new housing development behind. Those nice houses that I took pics of before thinking it was the new stadium, ahem. What I was told by someone that was working on the RSC at the time was that there is another pitch going in behind the RSC building, an ordinary pitch that is going to be part of the RSC, and then the stadium in going in on the next site behind the tree line. I checked out that site on Tuesday, and no work has started on it yet. The grass has all been cut but hasn't been cleared off so, I don't know.