PDA

View Full Version : Bray People Player Ratings

BrayUnknowns
14/09/2006, 12:01 PM
What is your man Dowling on ? Does'nt have a clue with the rating that he has given out over the last few weeks.... O'Connor lets 3 in and was the cause for 2 of them and he gets a 7 ! were as the likes of Doyle and Caffo actually played half ok and they got 4's ! The Sun gave Doyle a 7 and Caffo a 6 on Saturday, How can there be such a difference ?

He needs to take his nose out of certian players arse's and start to give proper ratings....... Newspapers are supposed to be impartial at the end of the day

thedoyler
14/09/2006, 1:44 PM
I've noticed this too, the ratings are very erratic, and they never seem to hand out high ratings even if they are deserved, especially last season when we had some very good performances, you were pushed to find an 8, i think the ratings are very harsh at times, and then very kind at others.

Eoingull
14/09/2006, 2:28 PM
No matter what match I go to, I would very rarely agree with the marks awarded in newspapers afterwards. At the end of the day, it's just somebody else's opinion. I don't know about the Sun, but it would be hard to find a more committed journalist to EL football than Tucker. It's actually the only reason I buy the Bray People.
Say for example, his "4"s for Caffo and Doyler may be based on knowing they are both talented players, but both underperformed relative to their abilities.
I bet Alan Shearer never got less than a 9 when he was playing for Newcastle, even if he only came on as a sub in the 89th minute!

BrayUnknowns
14/09/2006, 3:41 PM
Say for example, his "4"s for Caffo and Doyler may be based on knowing they are both talented players, but both underperformed relative to their abilities.

Yes players are underpreforming this season on a whole, But that has nothing to do with it in a single match, If a player plays better than most of the other players then surely as a professional he can see this and mark them as they deserve to be.

I just can't understand how he could give O'Connor a 7 when he was a major fault for 2 goals and then Caffo, Doyle and the likes of James a 4, there is no sense in this what so ever and is a false refelection on how players played.

This is a constent thing in his match reports, week in week out. It's as if he is friends with some players and gives them good ratings and then players who he does not get on with get marked poorly.

KR's Post
14/09/2006, 4:45 PM
What is your man Dowling on ?

F-uck off with the personal attacks. I know alot of people very upset with comments on this forum made by certain individuals. Paul does alot of work for both eircom league, Wicklow league and schoolboys. I agree with Eoingull, it's the only reason i buy the paper. Keep up the good work Tucker.

BrayUnknowns
15/09/2006, 9:06 AM
F-uck off with the personal attacks. I know alot of people very upset with comments on this forum made by certain individuals. Paul does alot of work for both eircom league, Wicklow league and schoolboys. I agree with Eoingull, it's the only reason i buy the paper. Keep up the good work Tucker.

Personal Attack ? are you fcuking soft in the head or what ? Thats fcuking everything thats wrong with our lovely little club, to many fcuking arse lickers. If someone does'nt agree with another person there affraid to say it incase someone else does'nt like it. To many YES men hanging on.

Have you ever heard Bray fans really having ago in the Carlisle to the players ? NO is the fcuking answer, most people would be affriad to incase someone in the club trys to throw them out ! Some where like this is a place were we can come and vent our anger, our ideas and our happiness

I have not made 1 single attack or singled out an induvidual for abuse, and if anyone thinks i have then there absolute gob*****s ! If anyone reading this site does not like what posted then put forward an arguement aginist the post, don't tell them to f-uck off ! that shows how childish they are. Or even better don't post at all !

At the end of the day i'm only stating a fact, which another person said they agreed with.

SeagullScene
18/09/2006, 1:26 PM
totally agree with you here unknown!! It stands out a mile

BrAyCMilan
19/09/2006, 8:13 AM
I used to think Ryaners name was "Ciaran Ryan 5" as thats how the Bray People has always reffered to him, never changed his mark regardless of Poor or Good performances. Totally agree, the player ratings are off the wall. Perhaps T is just more fond of certain players??

superfrank
19/09/2006, 7:40 PM
I have not made 1 single attack or singled out an induvidual for abuse, and if anyone thinks i have then there absolute gob*****s !
You walked into that one.

Everybody calm down. Don't get so uppity at people's questioning.

Brayhead101
20/09/2006, 9:15 AM
Have to agree with Brayunknowns on this Tarzan1, He is entitled to voice his opinion, I didn't see anywhere in his mail where it was a personnl attack on Tucker. Yes, its true Tucker has done alot of work for the EL and bray people in particular. But that doesn't excuse him or give him immunity against fair criticism. Tucker's ratings have been inconsistent of recent times. Yes it true to say that different journo's will have different opinions but Tuckers often seem to be out of touch with common analysis with other reporters and also as we've seen with fans and people who attend matches regularly. Bray Unknowns is not the only person to raise this point, as I have heard it being dicussed by bray fans in the pub too, so it hasn't just been touched on here. Like others I do believe that reporters should be fair and unbiased with their reporting, but lets get into the real world, these guys are human like the rest of us and do sometimes let personel opinions and experiences interwine with their jobs. Again only Tucker knows why he reports the way he does. But I do agree that his reports should be fair and just based on players performance in individual matches and not on personel relations with player involved. For instance if a player refused an interview or didn't respond in way reporter liked or is disliked by reporter should that interfere with players ratings or in reporters reveiw, I think not, but it does happen.

Stevo Da Gull
21/09/2006, 7:09 PM
I'm not saying that I agree with every single rating that he gives every week (that would be strange) but his stuff is also the only reason why I buy the Bray People. I have'nt got the paper yet this week but I'd be surprised if there were many good ratings anyway.
It would be impossible to print ratings that everyone agrees with and I reckon he does a top job! Keep up the good-work;)

Eoingull
22/09/2006, 1:31 AM
Once the main body of text is up to scratch, I'm happy...and the Bray People nearly always makes for a good read. Again, I find ratings to be so subjective, I don't look at them half the time.