PDA

View Full Version : Pro Evo 6

anto1208
14/09/2006, 9:36 AM
Im getting my grubby little hands on a copy of pro evo 6 in a few days , its been posted from london ,it left yesterday so i should have it for the weekend (fingers crossed) , ill let ye know what its like .

Paulie
14/09/2006, 12:46 PM
When is it out here? I assume the PS2 version is the first one to be released?

jebus
14/09/2006, 2:24 PM
Hopefully its an improvement on last years offering, they need to get that first touch sorted out, not to mention the refs

anto1208
15/09/2006, 9:42 AM
ref's are a bit much although my foul count is normally around 4 or 5 for a 10 min match ( as i never hold r1 and X to press / push players over )but the lad i normally play agaisnt averages 15 to 20 , i also think players go down too easly .

i love the first touch , its class when you split two defenders with a sublime first touch its really hard to get used to but it was something really lackign in the other games ( dont hold sprint and they take a normal touch holding sprint causes them to knock the ball head of them into a bit of space also holding r2 takes the ball into you )

this one which is out on the 20th of oct ive read they have improved the AI so the players work individually off the ball rather than stand about like idiots .

dribbling and shooting as been improved your shots and passes really depend on your body position ie a quick turn and snap shot wont be as acurate as if you are facing goal taking your time .

improvements to master league no idea what that is hopefully it money not points for transfers ? plus reasons as to why transfers break down .

ill let ye know once i get it

kdjaC
15/09/2006, 2:33 PM
Out since April in Japan just needed to be patched to make it English.

Improves some things makes others worse , worth buying for the random selection matches alone (random 11 from leagues, countrys or 4 teams)

Fouling is gone so you get away with GBH, gamespeed is turned up so now it can be like basketball.

anto1208 Be careful you dont get a rebadged copy of the japanese version Winning Eleven 10 , few people getting stung on ebay buying it as its sold as PES6 if you dont have a modded Ps2 it wont work.

Its officially out 20th of October

kdjac

anto1208
15/09/2006, 2:39 PM
Out since April in Japan just needed to be patched to make it English.

Improves some things makes others worse , worth buying for the random selection matches alone (random 11 from leagues, countrys or 4 teams)

Fouling is gone so you get away with GBH, gamespeed is turned up so now it can be like basketball.

anto1208 Be careful you dont get a rebadged copy of the japanese version Winning Eleven 10 , few people getting stung on ebay buying it as its sold as PES6 if you dont have a modded Ps2 it wont work.

Its officially out 20th of October

kdjac

cheers i dont have it chipped ps2 but i have swap magic it allows you to play imports and DVD-R copied games with out voiding your warrenty as you dont open the casing . should work ok , its the jap WE10 allright no case just the disk so its as dodgy as it gets but for a tenner it cant go too wrong :D

i dont like the sounds of the fouling i know some refs are stricter than others so ill just find the thoughest one .

kdjaC
15/09/2006, 3:59 PM
Get used to the fouling more skill moves make it easier to beat players, beer mates and random selection matches, hours of fun there.

Just make sure you sort the players to their best positions or else the game defaults to giving you both identical 442s.

Also game is translated so some words dont make any sense and take a while to get tru sub menus.

kdjac

Poor Student
15/09/2006, 4:03 PM
So overall is it a step forwards or backwards?:confused:

kdjaC
15/09/2006, 4:06 PM
So overall is it a step forwards or backwards?:confused:

Not a step anywhere, on ps2 it looks the same plays slightly different has more licences and few extra options (most patch it so get all up to date teams and players so licences mean nothing to most pes players).

Pretty much what they do every year, cant play it online so thats why i have to get it for PC when its out here.

kdjac

joema
15/09/2006, 4:45 PM
cheers i dont have it chipped ps2 but i have swap magic it allows you to play imports and DVD-R copied games with out voiding your warrenty as you dont open the casing . should work ok , its the jap WE10 allright no case just the disk so its as dodgy as it gets but for a tenner it cant go too wrong :D

i dont like the sounds of the fouling i know some refs are stricter than others so ill just find the thoughest one .

Where can you get Swap Magic? Does it allow you to copy the games on your pc and play them o the ps2?

kdjaC
15/09/2006, 9:40 PM
Where can you get Swap Magic? Does it allow you to copy the games on your pc and play them o the ps2?

Sort of if you make the ISO correctly, to be purely legal what it can allow you do is if you have an image of a game you own you can run it on the ps2 and also patch it.

www.evo.web.co.uk for patches

http://www.swapmagic3.com/ for swap magic it involves poking your ps2 with a little stick :D

I use a Hard drive in mine and FTP games over or save them from disc easier.

Show up at Pats Pro Evo thing and you can play pes6 :D

kdjac

Poor Student
15/09/2006, 9:49 PM

kdjac

Any more PES 5 events planned?

kdjaC
15/09/2006, 9:57 PM
Any more PES 5 events planned?

Yup loads more i was away so hope to have date for next one soonish will spam the fook out of here pats forum and boards when i have date.

Be moving to pes6 before it comes out. And other games liek street fighter 2 tekken and possibly Flat out 2 but your fiver gets you into them all ;) you get it back if you win :D

kdjac

joema
16/09/2006, 12:52 PM
Sort of if you make the ISO correctly, to be purely legal what it can allow you do is if you have an image of a game you own you can run it on the ps2 and also patch it.

www.evo.web.co.uk for patches

http://www.swapmagic3.com/ for swap magic it involves poking your ps2 with a little stick :D

I use a Hard drive in mine and FTP games over or save them from disc easier.

kdjac

Didnt understand any of that :D but cheers anyway

kdjaC
16/09/2006, 7:42 PM
Didnt understand any of that :D but cheers anyway

lol

Swap magic is away of bypassing the disc check the Ps2 does to ensure a original copy of the game is present, you load an original then "swap" it with a copied game after the check is complete. Thus running your copy without the ps2 rejecting it.

You get a little piece of plastic to slide out the disc so in essence if you have PES5 and you want new stadiums and new teams and all correct playerlikeness you copy the Game to your PC apply a patch to it and burn it to dvd then use swap magic to play the burned disc.

I dont have it as its way too much effort but thats it in a nutshell also allows you to play foriegn games but they usually in japanese :)

kdjac

joema
16/09/2006, 8:30 PM
lol

Swap magic is away of bypassing the disc check the Ps2 does to ensure a original copy of the game is present, you load an original then "swap" it with a copied game after the check is complete. Thus running your copy without the ps2 rejecting it.

You get a little piece of plastic to slide out the disc so in essence if you have PES5 and you want new stadiums and new teams and all correct playerlikeness you copy the Game to your PC apply a patch to it and burn it to dvd then use swap magic to play the burned disc.

I dont have it as its way too much effort but thats it in a nutshell also allows you to play foriegn games but they usually in japanese :)

kdjac

Cheers, have it now. Dont think I'll bother buying it, too much effort

kdjaC
16/09/2006, 8:59 PM
Cheers, have it now. Dont think I'll bother buying it, too much effort

It is indeed easier to just get a new option decent option file, a service i provide at the pats pro Evo things can either buy one of me or bring your won and i copy over the latest option file :D

kdjac

anto1208
16/09/2006, 9:11 PM

yea , ive the slim line ps2 so you just leave the cover open jam the button that tell the ps2 the cover is shut ,start with swap magic disk then just swap it for your import /copied game and it plays away .

it will also play games burnt onto a DVD-R of coarse you should own a copy of the game to keep it all legal :D

anto1208
20/09/2006, 12:51 PM
my pro evo 6 arrived yesterday but still no sign of the swap magic how sickening is that !!:mad:

anto1208
27/09/2006, 7:50 AM
swap magic is waiting in the post office for me ill be playing it tonight ill give a quick early review tomor .

anto1208
28/09/2006, 7:54 AM
well after a long time poking and proding my ps2 which now has lumps of blue tack all over it holding the various parts back to fool it into thinking the lid is shut , i finally got winning eleven 10 ( pro evo 6) working . this is a very early review as ive only had 4 games .

But on first impressions i think they ve cracked it , its about as good a footy game as you could have hoped for it looks much better,a lot more 3D the players are smother and react more realisticly .

gone are the dodgy first touches & constant free kicks ,the buttons are much more responsive ie before if you headed the ball straight above you and pressed X he would take a few seconds to let the ball drop then pass it but now depending on the height he will head it again or even try a chest pass . so when a player chests down a cross to volly you have to time your shot with the ball other wise he ll stretch for it and mess it up .

shooting if your player is off balance or turning the shot will end up in row z .but first time shots are improved .

through balls are back !!!!!! the through ball button actually plays a proper through ball it doesnt just kick it past the player .the joy of Artetta playing the perfect slide rule pass the johnson who then leaves the defence for dead with his pace and cracks it in the bottom corner :D

the fans now cheer ie for chelsea they sing jose morinino or come on chelsea etc etc .

my version is patched so it has all the real names kits sponsers etc .

it will take time for all the annoying features to come out but at the moment its a lot better than any of the earlier versions allmost the perfect footy game , allthough im slightly concerned about how easy it is to score and the lack of free kicks ( its ok to have a free flowing game but when duffer rounds the keeper and he just trips you with his hand and the ref waves play on it gets annoying)

im thinking of getting an xbox 360 now purely for pro evo 6 .

anto1208
04/10/2006, 12:15 PM
I cant get over how good this game is , after a good go at it couple of hours on 2 player and 1 season of master league done i have only found 1 fault with it ( thats in master league you still win and do transfers in points not money ).looks & plays brilliantly .

you can hold off defenders turn them , and for defenders chose if you want to get in tight or stand a few yards off so you dont get turned . there so much to the game .

also quick free kicks now just press R1 & L1 and he will grab the ball and pass it before the defenders have turned around , advantage works and makes sence this time .

transfers in master l. are better as offers come in for players and you choose which one you want to accept . but as for buying players you still just get the transfer breakdown notice no reason as to why it brokedown and of course its still worked on points not cash which is awfull .

i think the ps2 lets this game down as its not powerfull enough , reckon its time i upgraded to a next gen machine , now to convince the bird she needs to buy me a 360 :D :D

The Stars
04/10/2006, 2:49 PM
when is it out in Ireland?
heard it is in the next two weeks...need to know so i can fit work and college around the game.

kdjaC
04/10/2006, 5:50 PM
27th of October

Some changes Bundesliga completley removed , better keepers than WE10.

kdjac

Fear Manach
25/10/2006, 12:43 PM
Early release:-

For Sale now in Game in Dawson Street here in Dublin.

SligoBrewer
27/10/2006, 7:02 PM
can't wait to get it. sounds mint!:D

The Stars
27/10/2006, 9:43 PM
got it today,just spent the last 4 hours playing it and it is class.
players are more realistic,it's easier to round the keepers,but free kicks are harder.finishing has improved and it is also easier to score from outside the box.....oh and Inzaghi is as good as ever.

ifk101
28/10/2006, 9:27 AM
Anybody got prov evo on the xbox 360 and fancy a game online?

declan hide
29/10/2006, 6:54 AM
pro ev 6 55 euro in game. 40 euro in virgin dundrum!

The Stars
29/10/2006, 7:51 AM
€50 in Xtra Vision in Sligo.

kdjaC
29/10/2006, 8:42 AM
Its rather good, shame the servers overloaded and noone can get on, got online a few times and its very well done just broken :(

kdjac

jebus
29/10/2006, 2:29 PM
Good improvement on last years offering, scratching my head at the moment wondering why some computer magazines were claiming that this is the year Fifa actually managed to put out a game that equals Pro Evo in gameplay (I have Fifa 07, it doesn't). Anyway likes and dislikes at the moment:

The refs this year not stopping the game for every single shoulder to shoulder challenge
Improvement on Top Class rating (its actually hard to score on the computer!)
Fan chanting for their teams

Dislikes
Find the shoot button a bit finicky at the mo, but I'm sure that will work itself out with more game play
No Bundesliga
Having only Bayern in the 'World Teams' (what about Leverkusen, Dortmund, Werder Bremen and Shalke at least?)

anto1208
29/10/2006, 4:46 PM
Anybody got prov evo on the xbox 360 and fancy a game online?

I got a 360 on friday with pro evo 6 , have nt set up xbox live yet , is it much hassle / worth it ?

by the way bar the gammy controllers the 360 version seriously ****es all over the ps2 one . delighted with the 360 . favourite thing is the way you can turn on the xbox from the controller , no more getting out of bed on sunday moring hung over to switch things on and off , just roll over grab the wireless controller under the pillow !:D

can you use the old xbox controllers on a 360 ? because i have convertors that allow you to use ps2 controllers on the old xbox

ifk101
29/10/2006, 7:15 PM
I got a 360 on friday with pro evo 6 , have nt set up xbox live yet , is it much hassle / worth it ?

by the way bar the gammy controllers the 360 version seriously ****es all over the ps2 one . delighted with the 360 . favourite thing is the way you can turn on the xbox from the controller , no more getting out of bed on sunday moring hung over to switch things on and off , just roll over grab the wireless controller under the pillow !:D

can you use the old xbox controllers on a 360 ? because i have convertors that allow you to use ps2 controllers on the old xbox

It's easy to set-up. Just plug in the cables, register your name and your away. The first month on live is free so you don't need to use that 48 hour code you get with the game.

Pro Evo is quite poor graphically to other xbox360 games but it's very addictive on live and is easily the best footie game available on the console.

Don't know about the old xbox controllers - I'm not a major gamer myself, the last console I owned before the xbox360 was a sega megadrive.

If you set yourself up on live let me know and I'll invite you for a game.

anto1208
30/10/2006, 3:32 PM
ok im all set up on live it was pretty easy , had 2 games last night was everton first v some guy as arsenal got beat 2-1 so switched to barca and won 3 nil !!!

we must set up a game some night .:D

ifk101
31/10/2006, 8:20 AM
ok im all set up on live it was pretty easy , had 2 games last night was everton first v some guy as arsenal got beat 2-1 so switched to barca and won 3 nil !!!

we must set up a game some night .:D

Sounds like you're much better than me. I suffered the ultimate humiliation yesterday, lost 4-0 to a 10 year old (scored the mother-of-all own goals in the progress of this humiliation, Andy O'Brien trying to play a short pass with Richard Dunne on my own goal line) and to rub it in I got to hear the blatantly obvious "you're not very good, are you?" from said 10 year old.

Anyways what's your gamercard on the xbox. I can add it to my friends list and if I see you're online the same time as me, I'll invite you for a game.

anto1208
31/10/2006, 8:26 AM
Sounds like you're much better than me. I suffered the ultimate humiliation yesterday, lost 4-0 to a 10 year old (scored the mother-of-all own goals in the progress of this humiliation, Andy O'Brien trying to play a short pass with Richard Dunne on my own goal line) and to rub it in I got to hear the blatantly obvious "you're not very good, are you?" from said 10 year old.

Anyways what's your gamercard on the xbox. I can add it to my friends list and if I see you're online the same time as me, I'll invite you for a game.

i use Anto1208 on xbox aswell normally have a game before bed around 11 ish .

ifk101
31/10/2006, 9:09 AM
i use Anto1208 on xbox aswell normally have a game before bed around 11 ish .

Good stuff. I'll add you to my friends list.

jebus
31/10/2006, 2:41 PM
Not liking the way the keeper slides to grab the ball near the line at the moment and then walks over the line to give the other team a corner, what the **** is all that about? Cost me the game against United when they scored from one of these in the 87th minute after I had just dominated them for 80 of those minutes

anto1208
01/11/2006, 8:13 AM
Good stuff. I'll add you to my friends list.

got your invite last night , we are all set so next time we are both on line we ll give it a bash .

by the way about the controllers the wired ones plug into the usb slot so the old ones dont work !!! . need to find a PS2 converter soon i cant use those xbox ones .

ifk101
01/11/2006, 11:27 AM
got your invite last night , we are all set so next time we are both on line we ll give it a bash .

by the way about the controllers the wired ones plug into the usb slot so the old ones dont work !!! . need to find a PS2 converter soon i cant use those xbox ones .

Great. I'll try to give you a game or two in the next few days. I can't help you with the converter and stuff like that as I haven't a clue about anything technical. The only problem I have with the xbox controller is that with the stick the passing isn't as accuracy as it should be but other than that I find it to be grand.

De Town
02/11/2006, 9:48 AM
anyone want to direct me to where i can buy a ps2 network adaptor??

Raheny Red
02/11/2006, 11:34 AM
anyone want to direct me to where i can buy a ps2 network adaptor??

Me too :cool: been looking for ages now :o

kdjaC
02/11/2006, 9:20 PM
Ebay

And you be lucky as it allows a hard drive to be inserted into the ps2 and games ran off it, hence Sony making it rare.

Slimline one has it built in.

kdjac

Dodge
02/11/2006, 9:25 PM
Had my first few games of it earlier. Loving the way players cpntrol the ball quicker and the fact not every tackle is a foul

tetsujin1979
02/11/2006, 11:44 PM
not too impressed with every tackle from behind being a red, tackling is taking longer to get used to than in previous versions

Trainee
03/11/2006, 3:52 AM
Im not dont like the way my Pro evo for the X box 360 which orderd 2 months ago from Play.com hasnt arrived yet but Tiger woods 07 has arrived even though it was posted the day after pro evo

Known my luck the post man robed/lost Pro evo and I will half to wait another 2 weeks to get it

anto1208
03/11/2006, 9:01 AM
Im not dont like the way my Pro evo for the X box 360 which orderd 2 months ago from Play.com hasnt arrived yet but Tiger woods 07 has arrived even though it was posted the day after pro evo

Known my luck the post man robed/lost Pro evo and I will half to wait another 2 weeks to get it

the post service is gone very bad , i had a DVD from cdwow lost for the first time ever recently , the bro had a box set go missing . it took 2 weeks for a dvd to get from scotland to here .

if i was you id get onto play and get them to either refund or repost it .

HMV are selling it now for 57 euro , i paid 75 for mine in game .

The Stars
03/11/2006, 9:10 PM
€75 for Pro Evo?its €50 in xtra vision in Sligo