PDA

View Full Version : O'Brien Rumour

NeilMcD
13/09/2006, 11:14 AM
Wolves and Sunderland are chasing Portsmouth defender Andy O'Brien. (The Sun)

tetsujin1979
13/09/2006, 12:34 PM
Heard the Sunderland one before the transfer window closed, the Wolves one was on football365 over the last few days

Peadar
13/09/2006, 12:36 PM
Breen and O'Brien at the back for Wolves?
Is Mick McCarthy on another suicide mission! :D

NeilMcD
13/09/2006, 12:44 PM
Cunningham and O Brien at Sunderland may work. But they do have Varga there. Can players be sold at this time to the Championship though.

DmanDmythDledge
13/09/2006, 1:00 PM
Cunningham and O Brien at Sunderland may work. But they do have Varga there. Can players be sold at this time to the Championship though.
No they can't. They can on loan I think.

dr_peepee
13/09/2006, 1:24 PM
Yeah! Only on loan since last friday!! But either move would be better good for both parties.

dr_peepee
14/09/2006, 4:52 PM
Apparently Harry turned down an approach from Norwich for the time being.

Nigel Worthinton was disapointed cos' he believes.... "Andy is a centre-back, but is capable of playing right-back or left-back. He can even play a holding midfield role."...MMMmmm.

Now I like O'Brien and I do think he's a little under rated in some quaters, but I don't know who Nigel thinks he's signing.

Irish_Praha
15/09/2006, 8:17 AM
Apparently Harry turned down an approach from Norwich for the time being.

Nigel Worthinton was disapointed cos' he believes.... "Andy is a centre-back, but is capable of playing right-back or left-back. He can even play a holding midfield role."...MMMmmm.

Now I like O'Brien and I do think he's a little under rated in some quaters, but I don't know who Nigel thinks he's signing.

Norwich wouldn't be a bad move if he gets his game every week at CB. He might even strike up a good partnership with the Doc which would only be good for Ireland.
Who's the Doc's partner at CB at the moment and would O'Brien and the Doc be the preferred partnership?

dr_peepee
15/09/2006, 1:12 PM
Thinks its the guy Shackel... Who was highly thought of a couple of years ago. Dunno what his form is now though.