PDA

View Full Version : Examiner's treatment of eircom league

fonzi
27/08/2002, 11:21 AM
just had a look at the irish examiner web site
(www.irishexaminer.com)
and eircom league results are in with WORLD SOCCER section at the bottom of the page whilst Brittish soccer is on top.
how strange.
in a way in which shows britain is somewhere in the depts of carlow somewhere......................................... .........

pete
27/08/2002, 12:54 PM
You may also notice they don't have many match reports aside from home city games.

Be it correct or not the Examiner told me they didn't have the internet rights to their eL macth reports - freelance reporters maybe?

dahamsta
28/08/2002, 10:29 AM
Hi Fonzi, pete,

Pete is right, it's mostly down to the fact that the bulk of eL content in the hardcopy Examiner is contributed by freelancers, and electronic rights for those articles have to be negotiated separately. The fact that the Examiner website is free (non-subscription) is obviously a factor here.

However Fonzi has a point, eL coverage shouldn't be under a "World Soccer" banner, and at the very least the /titles/ should be corrected/adjusted accordingly. I've pointed this out to the editorial staff, who'll have a look at it sometime today.

adam

Neil
28/08/2002, 10:41 AM
It's annoying alright, but at least the Examiner have some regular coverage of the eL.

Most of the Sunday papers have none at all. The Sunday Tribune don't even print the results.

pete
28/08/2002, 10:51 AM
Yeah its easy sometimes to moan sitting behind the keyboard but most the main irish newspapers will at least answer queries or complaints. RTE on the otherhand are the most ignorant shower i've yet to come across & they supposed to be a public service broadcaster...

:rolleyes:

Schumi
28/08/2002, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Vetinari
Hi Fonzi, pete,

:eek: Vetinari is Michael Nugent :eek:

dahamsta
28/08/2002, 1:06 PM
Vetinari is Michael Nugent

As Bender from Futurama would say: "I find that offensive!" :)

adam