PDA

View Full Version : God has spoken

eighties mullet
12/09/2006, 4:22 PM
Not only was he the greatest player, is now the greatest manager of all time he's now vying to become the greatest tipster of all time

Keane tips Utd to beat Celtic

Roy Keane believes Manchester United will overcome Celtic in Wednesday's 'Battle of Britain' encounter in the Champions League.

However, the former United and Celtic midfielder, now manager of Sunderland, expects Celtic to pose problems.

"When I retired, I felt United would get Celtic in the Champions League this year," he told BBC Radio Five Live.

"People should not underestimate Celtic but United seem to be in the groove and should win."

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is keen for his players to concentrate on their football and not get "caught up in the emotion" of the match.

"What you have got to do with games like this is get rid of the Scotland-England rivalry because that only makes it harder," he said.

"It's easy to get caught up in the emotion if you are not careful because games like this don't come around very often."

OwlsFan
13/09/2006, 6:24 AM
"When I retired, I felt United would get Celtic in the Champions League this year," he told BBC Radio Five Live.

He can foresee the future as well (especially after the event) :D

""People should not underestimate Celtic but United seem to be in the groove and should win."

Nice soundbite as well so as not to offend Celtic fans.

drinkfeckarse
13/09/2006, 8:03 AM
I saw the thread title and thought you meant Robbie Fowler as there is only 1 God. ;)

eighties mullet
13/09/2006, 9:03 AM
I saw the thread title and thought you meant Robbie Fowler as there is only 1 God. ;)

well maybe 2 gods, robbie and the man upstairs :)

Over the post
13/09/2006, 4:08 PM
well maybe 2 gods, robbie and the man upstairs :)

When did Paul McGrath pop his clogs?

BohsPartisan
13/09/2006, 4:14 PM

He certainly is high anyway! :p (Smackhead, smackhead, smackhead...)