PDA

View Full Version : City V Bohz - Top of the Table Clash !!

A face
24/08/2002, 12:06 PM
Lads, this could be a very important game away at bhoz !!

What time is the bus leaving, how much is it and are there many places left.

I have a can of airhorn gas i have been saving (well it is just i didn't have the horn on top) so me thinks i'll get another one to boot.

LET GO FÚCKIN' MENTAL, LET GO FÚCKIN' MENTAL, Nah Nah Nah Nah

:D :D :D :D :D

Neil
24/08/2002, 12:38 PM
What time is the bus leaving, how much is it and are there many places left.

The Supporters Club have a 30-seater running, which is FULL. The lads were saying that unless they got another 20 names ASAP that they would not be able to upgrade to a 50-seater.

The bus is leaving St. Patricks Church (by the train station) at 12.50pm on Friday.

Colm
24/08/2002, 3:31 PM
Originally posted by A face

I LET GO FÚCKIN' MENTAL, LET GO FÚCKIN' MENTAL, Nah Nah Nah Nah

:D :D :D :D :D
Yeah, theres goin to be a load of city fans there and we'll have the flags so lets make a load of noise and show those jackeen b@stards that we truely are the best supported team in the league! And hopefully come 9:30 next friday we will be TOP OF THE LEAGUE!!!

It should be a cracker!:cool:

wiseman
26/08/2002, 8:56 AM
To all Dublin and surrounding areas Exiles!!!!
The team are now well used to a large , vocal support at the Cross.
Thay need as many bodies and voices at Dalymount as can be mustered so do us, who cannot travel, proud .
BE THERE AND BE LOUD

pete
26/08/2002, 9:54 AM
Tis like a local derby for me as Dalymount just down the road. Theres usually more exiles at Dalymount than other dublin grounds but can be hard to spot them until we score.

Its important to get all city fans to sit in block A i think as opposed to spread across B as well.

Now the rebels out of the Grab All Football time to support a winning team ;)

Neil
26/08/2002, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by pete
Its important to get all city fans to sit in block A i think as opposed to spread across B as well.

Yeah, good point. So let's spread the word that it's 'everyone in Block A'.

Or even better if everyone meets in Doyles beforehand!

pete
26/08/2002, 1:14 PM
Table topping clash - 26 August 2002

League leaders Bohemians face second placed Cork City on Friday in the biggest match of the season so far while the First Division Cup final takes place on Wednesday.

Bohemians and Cork go head-to-head on Friday night (Kick off 7:45) in a game that will seriously test both sides title aspirations. Bohemians, though top of the league, have only played one game against a side in the top half of the table so far this season and still haven't kept a clean sheet in the league while Cork City have yet to win away from home.

The game will also see an interesting clash between Glen Crowe and John O'Flynn - the hottest strikers in Ireland at present with 18 goals between them - and it is likely whoever wins their duel will finish on the winning side.

Éanna
26/08/2002, 6:54 PM
COME ON CITY! We'll all be there to see you go top of the league, and who knows I might even not criticise gunther :eek: :D

patsh
27/08/2002, 7:00 AM
Originally posted by Neil

The Supporters Club have a 30-seater running, which is FULL. The lads were saying that unless they got another 20 names ASAP that they would not be able to upgrade to a 50-seater.

The bus is leaving St. Patricks Church (by the train station) at 12.50pm on Friday.
Is anyone else on for this? There two of us, going by train, but would prefer the bus. So come on, 18 more...;)

vssn
27/08/2002, 8:17 AM
What part of Dalymount do City fans congregate - Block A of Jodi Stand????

Neil
27/08/2002, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by vssn
What part of Dalymount do City fans congregate - Block A of Jodi Stand????
That's the plan. See ye there...

Casegrande
27/08/2002, 11:14 AM
It looks like yer man Ashley Bayes - in goal for Bohs - is a bit of a DODGY KEEPER!

See what the Bowez fans are saying about him here (http://www.network54.com/Hide/Forum/thread?forumid=165304&messageid=1030364267)!

pete
27/08/2002, 12:52 PM
Saw Ashley (what type of name is that anyway) against Rovers & definitely looked less than composed in the air. Remember they got judas Coughlan too as we know not the quickest on his feet...

;)

I know its tempting fate & maybe cos i haven't seen many home games this year but been a while since looked forward to a game so much....

:D

pete
27/08/2002, 5:06 PM
Oct 2001 Bohs 2 City 2
Feb 2001 Bohs 0 City 1
Sep 2000 Bohs 1 City 1
Dec 1999 Bohs 3 City 0
Feb 1999 Bohs 0 City 2
Sep 1998 Bohs 0 City 2
Feb 1998 Bohs 4 City 2
Feb 1997 Bohs 1 City 0
Sep 1996 Bohs 1 City 0
Feb 1996 Bohs 1 City 0
Sep 1995 Bohs 1 City 1
Nov 1994 Bohs 1 City 2

James
28/08/2002, 6:48 PM
been looking forward to this game now moreso then any i can remember for ages

we're playing super football so far albeit only at home but now is the chance to show the dubs what we can do

we need as many as possible travelling upto dublin for this

anyone that does go for all of us city fans to stay together in block A of the main stand and make as much noise and get behind the team as much as humanly possible

bring flags, banners, airhorns, confettii anything to make this a match to remember

we're gona win the leage kids and it starts on friday night in dalyer :)

BE THERE

Snatch
28/08/2002, 9:02 PM
I'm back in town and would love to get up to the game.

How does one get a seat on the bus, that is if there is a big one going?

Is there only one bus going?

Neil
29/08/2002, 9:39 AM
The SC have a 30-seater which is full. There have been so many people here asking for seats that ye should all get together and try and get a minibus or something.

Try citynet aswell.

niamh
29/08/2002, 10:26 AM
Am gutted to miss this one, as I'm in Belgium this weekend....

Neil
29/08/2002, 12:47 PM
FAI.ie (http://www.fai.ie/NR/exeres/12966F40-96BD-4EC5-89ED-236C5D008B17.htm)

Cork City can move to the top of the eircom Premier Division table with victory over previously unbeaten Bohemians in Friday night's important clash between the title contenders at Dalymount Park (Kick off 7:45).

To date, Cork have recorded four home wins in a row and now they be hoping to take that Turners Cross form to Dublin. Manager Liam Murphy will keep an unchanged side from that which hammered Bray Wanderers 3-0 at Turners Cross last weekend.

Striker David Warren is a doubt with a groin injury while winger Billy Woods is hopeful of recovering from a knock picked up in the Bray game.

Kevin Hunt continues in midfield with Derek Coughlan again takeing over from Colin Hawkins, ruled out with a rib injury, in defence while Gary O'Neill is expected to start in attack. With 14 points from six games Bohemians must quietly fancy their chances of staying on top.

pete
29/08/2002, 1:10 PM
I don't think Paul Keegan is due to play because of family bereavment.

Pablo
29/08/2002, 1:30 PM
Interesting piece on Derek Coughlan on DE Paper last night, seems he got fed up with City. I wonder is he regreting it now? ihope O'Finn and Georgioe boy roast him the traitor

pete
29/08/2002, 1:34 PM
What kind of reception do ye think Derek should be given tomorrow?

I don't know if he deserves (doesn't mean he won't get it) the full blown Judas tag but he has been trying to get away from city for a couple of years now...

Lets hope for once Gunther realises the futility of lobbing the ball into the air for Derek - kept it on the ground & O'Flynn with & Billy should cause Derek a lot of problems.

Colm
29/08/2002, 1:55 PM
Originally posted by James
been looking forward to this game now moreso then any i can remember for ages

we're playing super football so far albeit only at home but now is the chance to show the dubs what we can do

we need as many as possible travelling upto dublin for this

anyone that does go for all of us city fans to stay together in block A of the main stand and make as much noise and get behind the team as much as humanly possible

bring flags, banners, airhorns, confettii anything to make this a match to remember

we're gona win the leage kids and it starts on friday night in dalyer :)

BE THERE

I couldnt have said it better myself!:)

Lets make this one to remember, hopefully the players will play as good as they do in the cross and its up to us to make the atmosphere as good as it is in the cross.:cool:

James
29/08/2002, 2:08 PM
bus leaving at 12.50pm from St Patricks church
so how bouts Mulligans at say 12ish for some lunch and a few tastey beverages :)

patsh
30/08/2002, 10:10 AM
According to the Irish Times, Gunther is quoted as saying "J O'F has only a 50-50 chance of playing tonight, Mulligan is in the squad but now is the best time to play Bohs while the pitches are good"..........
No excuses then, Liam, eh?......;)

Neil
30/08/2002, 10:44 AM
www.eleven-a-side.com (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/premier/story.asp?newsid=1751)

The biggest match of the 2002 eircom league season so far takes place at Dalymount Park tonight when table-toppers Bohemians host second-placed Cork City (kick-off: 7.45).

Cork boost a 100% home record (four wins from four) but lost their only away fixture to date, in Drogheda. They are two points behind Bohs, so a win tonight would catapult them to the top of the table.

It’s a tall order, though - the Gypsies remain unbeaten (14 points from six games) after a blistering start to their campaign, but the fact that they’ve been unable to win either of their last two league matches after a 100% opening will be surely a source of optimism for the visitors.

Cork manager Liam Murphy must plan without Dave Warren (groin) but is optimistic that Alan Reynolds (ankle) and Billy Woods (who shipped a slight knock in the 3-0 thumping of Bray) will both pass late fitness tests.

Paul Keegan, who would in any case have been a doubtful starter for Bohs with an ankle complaint, will miss the game following the sad passing earlier this week of his father Peter, whose funeral service takes place today.

His absence means Gary O’Neill should partner Glen Crowe up front, while Derek Coughlan will start in the centre of defence alongside Paul McNally as broken rib victim Colin Hawkins is still up to a month away from full fitness.

Perhaps the most captivating aspect of this crucial game will be the much-anticipated shoot-out between Crowe and John O’Flynn, the league’s two most prolific hotshots, who have amassed a cumulative total of 18 goals already this season!

Crowe has been the league’s undisputed goal-king for the past two seasons, but O’Flynn currently sits two clear of the Bohemians man with ten goals so far this season, and Crowe will hope to burst his bubble tonight.

No mention of JOF being injured? Hope to **** he's not...