PDA

View Full Version : It's better than watching Brazil!

SSS
23/08/2002, 9:27 PM
OK, so Bray weren't great, but that never stopped City struggling to beat them before..
There was some absolutely fantastic passages of controlled play tonight..
Colin T played better than he has since the injury, Greg is on fire at the moment. Rennie is a master in the middle
Andrews finally gets a few minutes under his belt and even though his very first clearance didn't auger well, two tough Daly-like tackles looked the part.

Highlight of the night for me was the fact that the lads had T-shirts with words to the effect of "this one's 4 you Naps" which you gotta say is a major indicator of the team spirit that exists in the squad.

There was no camera in the press box - did anyone see one on the roof or somewhere else??

And by the way, Mully and Conor were noth kicking balls around during the warmup..

eoinh
23/08/2002, 10:06 PM
would have to agree. i didnt see any cameras anywhere. cork played really well especially in the first half. for me the enduring image was georges goal in the second half - what a blaster. he does have a habit of drifting out of games though. its madness that O'Flynn isnt in the irish under 21 team. he was brilliant again. that match V bohs should be a cracker!!!!!!:D

SÓC
23/08/2002, 10:52 PM
The cameras were up on top of the stand in the TV Gantry strangly enough :)

The craic in the Shed was mighty, "Sit down for the Cork City" was a classic.

We played quite well but Bray were really poor I though, they gifted us two goals, and created very little themselves, I'd say they might be heading down.

Neil
23/08/2002, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by SÓCcfc
"Sit down for the Cork City" was a classic.

Brilliant! One of the best 'Shed moments' for a long time!

For those who weren't there, towards the end of the game the Shed started chanting "Stand up for the Cork City" at the Stand. When they didn't stand up, the Shed started "Sit down for the Cork City" and everyone in the Shed sat down!

Brilliant! Picture the whole Shed sitting down with their hands up clapping and the chant is "Sit down for the Cork City"!

Colm
24/08/2002, 3:38 PM
Yeah, the Shed was alive and well last night. "Sit down for the Cork City" was brilliant, id love to have seen what it looked like from another part of the ground.

Neil
24/08/2002, 3:51 PM
Originally posted by COLM
I'd love to have seen what it looked like from another part of the ground.
I was in the Derrynane side for it and it looked class!

James
24/08/2002, 5:38 PM
looked good from st annes end also :)

pete
26/08/2002, 9:23 AM
RTE showed the goals on the 6 o'clock news on saturday i think - camera on the roof is so much better than from inside the stand.