PDA

View Full Version : I’d be crazy to turn down Bohs return – Roddy

A face
09/09/2006, 8:48 PM
I’d be crazy to turn down Bohs return – Roddy

Former Bohemians boss Roddy Collins admits any ambitious manager would be crazy to turn down the opportunity to take up the challenge of taking the hotseat at the club. Collins guided the Gypsies to a League and Cup double in 2001 before parting company with the club in acrimonious circumstances.

Having been sacked twice as manager of Carlisle United, he returned to football at the helm of Dublin City two years ago, before courting controversy once more when walking out on the Vikings to take over at relegation rivals Shamrock Rovers three weeks before the end of the 2004 season.

Read more at www.eleven-a-side.com (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/premier/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=24375)

Mr A
09/09/2006, 8:55 PM
Not as crazy as Bohs would be to even remotely consider taking him back! €45 million cash would soon be used up and it'd be time to look for investors........

A face
09/09/2006, 9:35 PM
I just think its a type-oh .... it should of read "I’d be crazy – Roddy" .... and that you would be Roddy, that you would be !! :p

Sure didn't he burn his bridge with Bohs a long long long long time ago, surely he isn't showing signs of regret by any chance.

thejollyrodger
10/09/2006, 7:16 AM
they would be crazy to let him near the place, even to clean the boots :D:D

Peadar
10/09/2006, 9:32 AM
they would be crazy to let him near the place, even to clean the boots :D:D

I couldn't believe Shels are in talks with him to takeover from Fenlon!

Gareth
10/09/2006, 9:34 AM
Peadar, now now, stirring is wrong.

Anto McC
10/09/2006, 10:00 AM

You're the biggest sh*t stirrer on foot,anyone else would have been banned by now but because of you being a Cork fan and the Cork bias on this site,you are constanly allowed get away with it!!

It's a good thing anyone with a shread of intelligence on this site,knows you for what you are - a wum and not a good one at that!

Dodge
10/09/2006, 11:20 AM
Anto, if he's **** stirring, report the post...

dcfcsteve
10/09/2006, 11:37 AM
I just think its a type-oh .... it should of read "I’d be crazy – Roddy" .... and that you would be Roddy, that you would be !! :p

Sure didn't he burn his bridge with Bohs a long long long long time ago, surely he isn't showing signs of regret by any chance.

It was indeed a typo.

However - it should have read "I'd be crazy to turn up at Bohs", rather than "turn down"....

Peadar
10/09/2006, 12:07 PM

Report what?
If you read what I wrote then you'll find that there's nothing in there which warrants a ban.

"I couldn't believe Shels are in talks with him to takeover from Fenlon!"

i.e. If someone told me that they were in talks, I couldn't bring myself to believe it. Some of you people would want to learn how to read and understand before you do yourself an injury, flying off the handle. :rolleyes:

aido1895
10/09/2006, 12:21 PM
Report what?
If you read what I wrote then you'll find that there's nothing in there which warrants a ban.

i.e. If someone told me that they were in talks, I couldn't bring myself to believe it. Some of you people would want to learn how to read and understand before you do yourself an injury, flying off the handle. :rolleyes:
Peadar you were talking ****e and you know it, why did you see fit to make such a comment ?

Peadar
10/09/2006, 12:24 PM
Peadar you were talking ****e and you know it, why did you see fit to make such a comment ?

All these aggressive reactions suggest a very worried group of shels boys post on these forums...

Fivesilver
10/09/2006, 12:26 PM
Peadar, you've overstepped the mark this time. I reckon you have to go.
I mean, how could you leave out the space in "take over" when you were using it as a compund verb rather than a noun? :p

aido1895
10/09/2006, 12:28 PM
Not at all Peadar , now kindly answer the question - why the need for a **** stirring comment you know to be untrue ?
"If someone told me that they were in talks, I couldn't bring myself to believe it". But nobody did tell you that so you were just wumming - correct ?

EnDai
10/09/2006, 12:47 PM
If someone told me that they were in talks, I couldn't bring myself to believe it.

Changing the story now are we? One of them has conditionals in it, the other is intended to portray a false fact. Hmmm... which oh which?

Anto McC
10/09/2006, 1:27 PM

Done.

Cheers Dodge.

A face
10/09/2006, 2:06 PM
Done.

Cheers Dodge.

There Anto, wasn't that alot easier now !?! :rolleyes:

BohDiddley
10/09/2006, 2:41 PM
You're the biggest sh*t stirrer on foot,anyone else would have been banned by now but because of you being a Cork fan and the Cork bias on this site,you are constanly allowed get away with it!!

It's a good thing anyone with a shread of intelligence on this site,knows you for what you are - a wum and not a good one at that!
Serious SOH deficit. Chill out -- it's only Nutsy!
If it were Ndo, that'd be different. Anyone got his phone number? :D What about Jason Byrne? Do you think he could bear to play for Bohs, if we could bear to have him?

osarusan
10/09/2006, 2:52 PM
Report what?

Very very poor attempt to explain yourself.

Peadar
10/09/2006, 5:42 PM
But nobody did tell you that so you were just wumming - correct ?

How do you know what anyone has told me?

I was told on Friday the 1st of September that Fenlon was being lined up for Bohs.

Blah, blah, blah...

Do you think it makes you in some way clever that you can change my qoutes to incorrectly spell my name?
An act almost as immature as pitch invasions... :rolleyes:

aido1895
10/09/2006, 7:16 PM
How do you know what anyone has told me?

I was told on Friday the 1st of September that Fenlon was being lined up for Bohs.

How do I know ? Peadar, stop digging !

Originally you said when referring to roddy "I couldn't believe Shels are in talks with him to takeover from Fenlon!" to which I put it to you than nobody did tell you that. Now you say that on Sept the 1st "somebody" told you that Fenlon was being lined up for Bohs. You being told Fenlon was being lined up for Bohs is a bit different from Shels being in talks with Roddy now isn't it, surely you can see that ?

EnDai
10/09/2006, 7:28 PM
Do you think it makes you in some way clever that you can change my qoutes to incorrectly spell my name?
An act almost as immature as pitch invasions... :rolleyes:

I copied and pasted your quotes (easiest to do to match up the differing stories you were posting about the place), and misspelled your name when adding in the tags, plase accept my humble apologies fine Cork citizen. The last thing I would want to do is offend someone of such importance as yourself.

An act as simple to make a mistake in, as trying to cover up WUMming. :rolleyes:

A face
10/09/2006, 8:09 PM
Alright lads, call a halt to this now will ye. The post was reported, It was dealt with by a mod, and the wumming stopped. Job done ..... that should be the end of it now. Before you all start goading each other into some other incident, can you all just stop ffs.

Ebmania
11/09/2006, 11:28 AM
Come on though it would be funny. They could make a show called how to lose 45 million in a week. Sign the Graveyard squad like Effenberg and batistuta etc (not forgetting Carlton Palmer) and dress them in designer pin strip kits. Plus im sure roddy would have some sound investments up his shelve.

I know id watch.