PDA

View Full Version : Juventus fails to win first Serie B game

Gerrit
09/09/2006, 4:29 PM
Kinda interesting news: Juventus did NOT manage to win their first league game in Serie B. It was their first ever competitive game outside of Serie A, and they only got a draw versus Rimini. They took the lead rapidly through a goal by Paro, but Rimini levelled in the second half.

Interesting to see. Even with their very strong team (Buggon, Camoranesi, Kovac, Boumsong, Nedved, Del Piero) they didn't win this one. Of course, they'll win lot of other games, but this is maybe an indication that it won't be a walk-over and easy promotion?

Also, I think Buffon and Camoranesi will still leave. At first Buffon said he would stay with Juve for life, then after a few weeks he said he kinda felt like a new challenge, then after another few weeks he said he'd be happy to leave if both himself and Juventus would get a good deal... Camoranesi has stated from the beginning he didn't feel like Serie B, so I'm sure he will leave as soon as the right offer comes.

JUVENTUS: Buffon, Birindelli, Kovac, Boumsong, Chiellini; Marchionni (33’ s.t. Camoranesi), Giannichedda (18’ Bojinov), Paro, Nedved; Del Piero (40’ s.t. Palladino), Zalayeta.
A disposizione: Mirante, Balzaretti, Marchisio, Guzman.
All. Deschamps

Closed Account 2
09/09/2006, 6:12 PM
They are also out of the Coppa Italia, as are Lazio... so it will be 2008-9 before we see either of them in European Competition again... ;)

pineapple stu
09/09/2006, 6:22 PM
All three subs in the first half? Interesting! Injury problems or reshuffling?

Leeza
09/09/2006, 7:03 PM
Why do you consider Boumsong to be a quality player?

gustavo
09/09/2006, 9:29 PM
Maybe the fact that he played in one of the top leaguese in the world and made the French World Cup squad , I expect him to improve on his bad reputation from his Newcastle days where personal problems had a big bearing on his performances

Leeza
09/09/2006, 11:12 PM
I don't go by reputation alone. I mean if thats the case Emile Hesky must have been a good player when he started regularly for England and Liverpool :O

From what I've seen from Boumsong's Newcastle performances, he's one of the greatest flops in premiership transfer history.

DmanDmythDledge
09/09/2006, 11:18 PM
Did you ever see him play for Auxerre?

BohsPartisan
10/09/2006, 12:03 AM
Maybe the fact that he played in one of the top leaguese in the world and made the French World Cup squad , I expect him to improve on his bad reputation from his Newcastle days where personal problems had a big bearing on his performances

Gareth Farrelly is a class act so.

Gerrit
10/09/2006, 2:31 PM
Interesting facts: Rimini were in the Serie C last season, and Juventus gave away their lead while Rimini had been reduced to 10 players...

It will be a good indication for Juventus that the Serie B won't be a walk in the park. Every single opponent will be extra motivated and give themselves 200%. Plus, there's still a few players who aren't with Juve 100% at heart: Buffon is still talking about AC Milan, Camoranesi really wants to leave and is angry with the entire staff, ...

I'm curious to see how many fans will attend their first home game in Serie B next weekend.

holidaysong
10/09/2006, 3:23 PM
All three subs in the first half? Interesting! Injury problems or reshuffling?

Two of the subs were in the second half. s.t. after two of the times is short for secondo tempo, the Italian for second half. Italians always time their games in two 45 minute blocks rather than the full 90 for some reason...

pineapple stu
10/09/2006, 6:24 PM
Grassy Arse. Assumed that was short for "subbed for" or some such. Didn't notice it was only there for two of the subs.

Poor Student
10/09/2006, 6:38 PM
Did you ever see him play for Auxerre?

I've seen him play in the SPL for Rangers where he was far from impressive.

Closed Account 2
11/09/2006, 9:16 AM
I don't go by reputation alone. I mean if thats the case Emile Hesky must have been a good player when he started regularly for England and Liverpool :O

From what I've seen from Boumsong's Newcastle performances, he's one of the greatest flops in premiership transfer history.

Yeah but Newcastle have a unique ability to sign world class players and ruin them, usually when the players leave they become good again. eg John Dahl Tomasson, who was good again when at Milan, and probably Luque now too.

Boomsong was a very good player when playing for Auxerre alongside Mexes, esp in the Champions League season 2002-3.

Poor Student
11/09/2006, 1:33 PM
Boumsong (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSv2xpCClGQ)

chappie
11/09/2006, 7:26 PM
in fairness boumsong is a big loss to the premiership in terms of entertainment value...used to love seeing him make a fool of himself...seem have absolutely no confidence...hopefully he can regain the form he showed for auxerre....
playin beside titus bramble would make anyone lose cofidence...

Gerrit
11/09/2006, 10:22 PM
Is Juventus still planning to go to a higher court and fight their forced relegation?

In theory with their current squad they should be battleing for promotion even with their -17, experience-wise alone they should be ahead of the rest of Serie B. But are their players all still with Juventus at heart? Buffon and Camoranesi to name just two seem to openly flirt with Serie A teams, hoping to leave the sunken ship... Del Piero and Nedved stayed, but they're over their top by now.

drinkfeckarse
12/09/2006, 10:42 AM
I've seen him play in the SPL for Rangers where he was far from impressive.

Don't know what game(s) you watched of him in the SPL PS as anytime I saw him he was absolutely majestic for Rangers and the league looked too easy for him. That's what prompted Newcastle to fork out £8m for him after only 4 months at Ibrox and that's why I was shocked that he flopped so badly and looked out of his depth there.

DmanDmythDledge
12/09/2006, 11:56 AM
Is Juventus still planning to go to a higher court and fight their forced relegation?
I think they stopped that because if a case like this goes to the courts, that team's country is banned from international qualification and all of that country's teams are banned from playing in Europe.

Poor Student
12/09/2006, 11:13 PM
Don't know what game(s) you watched of him in the SPL PS as anytime I saw him he was absolutely majestic for Rangers and the league looked too easy for him. That's what prompted Newcastle to fork out £8m for him after only 4 months at Ibrox and that's why I was shocked that he flopped so badly and looked out of his depth there.

The Boumsong deal is very questionable. Souness has an odd habit of signing players off Rangers and for seemingly above their market value. Souness remains a good friend of Rangers chairman David Murray. Boumsong seemed to be signed for the express purpose of flogging him off ASAP for a high price. He wasn't as bad in the SPL but he was distinctly average and did have a few bloopers too.

drinkfeckarse
13/09/2006, 7:59 AM
The Boumsong deal is very questionable. Souness has an odd habit of signing players off Rangers and for seemingly above their market value. Souness remains a good friend of Rangers chairman David Murray. Boumsong seemed to be signed for the express purpose of flogging him off ASAP for a high price. He wasn't as bad in the SPL but he was distinctly average and did have a few bloopers too.

The unhighlighted piece of your post has merit to it and they are points that have been raised before.

The highlighted part is most definately wrong. As someone who lives here and has friends and work colleagues that are Rangers season ticket holders as well as seeing him myself a few times, I can say with certainty that he was NOT average over here, he was head and shoulders above every other defender in Scotland at the time. Ask any Rangers fan or SPL fan that question and I'm sure you will find the same answer.

londonirish17
13/09/2006, 9:17 AM
Interesting facts: Rimini were in the Serie C last season, and Juventus gave away their lead while Rimini had been reduced to 10 players...

It will be a good indication for Juventus that the Serie B won't be a walk in the park. Every single opponent will be extra motivated and give themselves 200%. Plus, there's still a few players who aren't with Juve 100% at heart: Buffon is still talking about AC Milan, Camoranesi really wants to leave and is angry with the entire staff, ...

I'm curious to see how many fans will attend their first home game in Serie B next weekend.

Fully agree! On top of that I don't believe that they'll make it to Serie A this year. Each game is going to be sort of a Cup Final for their opponents and they will push them hard to win. Adding all the pressure on this there could be some going and coming of players during the season.
Juves' fans have never been impressive when it comes up to numbers, (although apparently they got the biggest following in Italy...), and this won't change in Serie B

Schumi
13/09/2006, 11:44 AM
Juves' fans have never been impressive when it comes up to numbers, (although apparently they got the biggest following in Italy...)They have one of the biggest followings in Italy but not in Turin, that's why they have poor home crowds. Their away crowds are among the biggest in the country though.