PDA

View Full Version : Sean in The Star

landrover
09/09/2006, 11:06 AM
He might as well have put his CV in the paper. Blatant come and get me plea to Bohs. Don't think he has a hope of getting the job but its a pity he's giving interviews like that.

red bellied
09/09/2006, 11:20 AM
He is no Stephen Kenny, not a hope of Bohs having him, touting himself to another LOI club like that and the Rovers playing them tonight .... loyalties?

gustavo
09/09/2006, 11:26 AM
Why do you say he is no Stephen Kenny?
Everything he has done so far in his managerial career has been exemplarary.
Also What are his exact quotes?

red bellied
09/09/2006, 12:01 PM
Stephen Kennys Derry play a nice brand of football and he has a good tactical head on his shoulders, Connor tends to play it long at Flash playing percentage football, eventually it will pay off. The best example of this year was against UCD in the Showgrounds, the UCD centre halfs continually won the ball in the air yet he persisted with these tactics? Why? Tactically I dont think he is up to it.

Admittedly he has signed some very good players but has goofed in at least two both in the same position, Judge(15 goals a season man) and Choice hiding away in the under 21's for some reason. He is supposedly a good man to man manager, very good with media, he is a PR man after all.

gustavo
09/09/2006, 12:07 PM
Well fair enough but my answer to that would be look at the league table the day he joined and look at it today for the answer as to what kind of manager he is.

sligoman
09/09/2006, 2:11 PM
Anybody know what he said or do I actually have to go and buy the star?:D

Pablo
09/09/2006, 2:26 PM
anyone fancy a swap deal with Rico?

sligoman
09/09/2006, 2:28 PM
anyone fancy a swap deal with Rico?No, yer grand. His hats would get in the way:D.

DonalE
09/09/2006, 3:19 PM
I agree redbellied,sometimes wonder about his tactics/decisions. Think he is just starting Choice off slowly like he did with Singh. He does look like a good player though,just have to give him some time.

landrover
09/09/2006, 4:06 PM
Anybody know what he said or do I actually have to go and buy the star?:D

he said who he would buy if he was manager of Bohs. named a striker from Linfield. went on to say he had the contacts in england to bring in the best players etc etc.

it was obvious what he was hinting at. If ye want me Bohs just give me a call!!

Rory H
10/09/2006, 5:19 PM
have a look at sligorovers.com tomorrow...he was disappointed not to be linked with the job

sligoman
10/09/2006, 5:22 PM
have a look at sligorovers.com tomorrow..think landrover could be right!Right with what?:confused: PM me;)

Rory H
10/09/2006, 5:26 PM
Right with what?:confused: PM me;)

no...

SligoBrewer
10/09/2006, 8:22 PM
the programme notes were very complentary of bohs as well...

makes u wonder..

but then again,whatmanager wouldn't be attracted 2 the bohs job?

sligoman
10/09/2006, 8:25 PM
but then again,whatmanager wouldn't be attracted 2 the bohs job?That's not the point! His job is here. How can the players have faith in/respect their boss when he's trying to sell himself to another club?