PDA

View Full Version : Fenlon has resigned?

Pages : [1] 2 3

A face
08/09/2006, 6:31 PM
Fenlon has resigned ??

Where is he off to i wonder ??

sligoman
08/09/2006, 6:33 PM
Link?

A face
08/09/2006, 6:47 PM
Link?

No link .... still on the grapevine ... those other sites just aint fast enough !! ;)

I'm on the case though.

sligoman
08/09/2006, 6:49 PM
No link .... still on the grapevine ... those other sites just aint fast enough !! ;)

I'm on the case though.Stirring again are we?;) :D

monzo
08/09/2006, 6:50 PM
There'll be war if he's away to Bohs!

(And I thought most Bohs fans hated Nutsy?)

Roddy for Shels anyone? ;)

sligoman
08/09/2006, 6:55 PM
He has joined Bohs, just announced on the live match coverage on Shels site:eek:. Fair play a face:D.

Gareth
08/09/2006, 6:55 PM
Dugout of the home team in Tolka Park is a strange place for the manager who has resigned?

A face
08/09/2006, 6:57 PM
Dugout of the home team in Tolka Park is a strange place for the manager who has resigned?

Aint that the truth ...... Gar, is it Bohs?? not confirmed there yet !?!

sligoman
08/09/2006, 6:58 PM
Dugout of the home team in Tolka Park is a strange place for the manager who has resigned?Eh Gareth, the commentator on yer site has just said he's joining Bohs, you ------------>:o

:p

chippie0001
08/09/2006, 7:58 PM
Fenlon will stay with Shels, you heard it first here. ;)

sfc red
08/09/2006, 8:04 PM
Fenlon will stay with Shels, you heard it first here. ;)

Chippie, you´re usually spot on but didn´t you mention on shelsweb about that apparent meeting after the game?the one we´re not supposed to know about? ie Fenlon resigning tonight and collins to stay until the end of the year?

chippie0001
08/09/2006, 8:32 PM
Chippie, you´re usually spot on but didn´t you mention on shelsweb about that apparent meeting after the game?the one we´re not supposed to know about? ie Fenlon resigning tonight and collins to stay until the end of the year?

All I mentioned was the rumoured meeting, that was on 98fm news. I reckon that if the meeting is on Fenlon will say he is staying, he is 8 games from 3 leagues in 4 and I doubt he will walk from it. Thats what I hope anyway.

sfc red
08/09/2006, 8:39 PM
All I mentioned was the rumoured meeting, that was on 98fm news. I reckon that if the meeting is on Fenlon will say he is staying, he is 8 games from 3 leagues in 4 and I doubt he will walk from it. Thats what I hope anyway.

You mightn´t like Nutzy but if he goes, so does Ndo etc

crc
08/09/2006, 8:46 PM
RTE Radio 1 just said that Fenlon is 99% certain leaving Shels and going to Bohs. He will speak to the fans after tonight's game (in about 5 minutes).
Radio 1 might be able to pick up the anouncement.

A face
08/09/2006, 9:28 PM
You mightn´t like Nutzy but if he goes, so does Ndo etc

What do you mean Ndo will go, with Fenlon to Bohs or leave the league??

Also .... Why Ndo ... Fenlon never played the guy, to his downfall aswell.

chippie0001
08/09/2006, 9:30 PM
Can any Shels fans confirm or deny this?

Skittles
08/09/2006, 9:34 PM
The media can say what they like about the Bohs fans making being manager at Bohs an impossible job but managers jump (even when they are manager at at a club top of the table by 4 points with 8 games to go) at the chance to manage in Dalymount.

I wonder who will be on his shopping list? Every club should worry about their best player jumping ship...

A face
08/09/2006, 9:51 PM
The media can say what they like about the Bohs fans making being manager at Bohs an impossible job but managers jump (even when they are manager at at a club top of the table by 4 points with 8 games to go) at the chance to manage in Dalymount.

I wonder who will be on his shopping list? Every club should worry about their best player jumping ship...

They will only jump as high as 65% turnover ...... you can cook the books as much as you want but you can only sweep so much under the carpet. There is a bit to go yet before you can come out with statments like that.

chippie0001
08/09/2006, 9:55 PM
They will only jump as high as 65% turnover ...... you can cook the books as much as you want but you can only sweep so much under the carpet. There is a bit to go yet before you can come out with statments like that.
Our turnover next year will be about €4.5m, think that will give us enough room on the 65% front.:eek:

A face
08/09/2006, 10:01 PM
Our turnover next year will be about €4.5m, think that will give us enough room on the 65% front.:eek:

Turnover = €4.5m .... do you want to check that out again?

What was your turnover last year?

chippie0001
08/09/2006, 10:07 PM

Turnover is income, the sale proceeds on our land is income. In next years P&L about €3m of that will be booked. In accounting terms its income/turnover.

bohs til i die
08/09/2006, 10:08 PM

well if we get the €3.2 million from Carroll and the million for the Tramway land deal we have €4.2 Million before a ticket is sold or membership accepted.

LeixlipRed
08/09/2006, 10:44 PM
All that stuff about speaking to the fans is rubbish. I stayed til half ten and eventully the Guards told us to pack up and head home and that he wouldn't be saying anything. Word from the Shelsweb team is that he said he isn't going anywhere for "the moment". Make of that what you will

A face
08/09/2006, 10:49 PM
well if we get the €3.2 million from Carroll and the million for the Tramway land deal we have €4.2 Million before a ticket is sold or membership accepted.

If thats income then you're sorted, but wasn't that whole initiative started to encourage more revenue/money made through viable business mechanisms and not huge lump sums*. Obviously you wont be turning down huge lump sums but wasn't that why it was up in the air with UEFA for so long.

* I dont know the in's/out's of this so cant really tell ya 100%, i am not an accountant so dont know how it is implemented on a practical level.

Gareth
08/09/2006, 10:59 PM
http://www.shelbournefc.ie/news.php?id=470

Fenlon Interview.....he is with shels for now anyhow.

A face
08/09/2006, 11:05 PM
http://www.shelbournefc.ie/news.php?id=470

Fenlon Interview.....he is with shels for now anyhow.

Cheers Gar !! :ball:

Mr A
08/09/2006, 11:20 PM
Hard to see him being there beyond the end of the season having watched that interview.

That would probably make the most sense- Bohs season is pretty much over so Fenlon stays where he is to get another league title if possible then makes the move.

Interesting the comments about what's gone on this season re players etc....

A face
08/09/2006, 11:36 PM

To be fair ... we all know that already though. You're right though, the body language was that he was about to leave after the interview, he doesn't exactly have a great poker face does he? The rubbing the nose, scratching the face etc. dead give away.

mypost
09/09/2006, 5:16 AM
He must be mad to leave Shels for Bohs, when you look at the state of both sides atm. He also owes Ollie Byrne a degree of loyalty, as Byrne could have fired him as Shels boss on several occasions in the past 4 years, especially after they lost to Hibernians in the European Cup, and after Ollie gave him a fantastic squad to work with last year, he failed to retain the title, and instead won nothing at all! That would be grounds for dismissal imo.

Now, as soon as someone waives a few quid in his direction, he's off. He's prepared to give up a title challenge, to go to a side where he has nothing to work with until next season.

Daft, imo.

Mr A
09/09/2006, 8:20 AM
Originally Posted by Galway Harps View Post

To be fair ... we all know that already though.

Yeah, I know that, but the way Fenlon was talking about some of the stuff that's gone on be 'unbelieveable' and so on just sounded like 'I'm outta here' stuff. It sounded like he was jusfitying the move before it happens- certainly he can see the writings on the wall regarding Shels' ability to continue their current spending levels.

tonydaly
09/09/2006, 9:15 AM
I would be amazed if he left before the seasons end but after that ,Who knows.
With all that money Bohs will have, we’ll all be scrambling for the League Cup.:D

bohs til i die
09/09/2006, 9:21 AM
Hard to see him being there beyond the end of the season having watched that interview.

That would probably make the most sense- Bohs season is pretty much over so Fenlon stays where he is to get another league title if possible then makes the move.

but even if Fenlon leaves now and Shels win the title he'll still get the credit for it. Look at the langers, Dolan still gets credit for last year's title even though he left before ball was kicked.

damien
09/09/2006, 9:25 AM
but even if Fenlon leaves now and Shels win the title he'll still get the credit for it. Look at the langers, Dolan still gets credit for last year's title even though he left before ball was kicked.

he gets credit from a small number of langers on the other site:D

tonydaly
09/09/2006, 11:00 AM
he gets credit from a small number of langers on the other site:D

What site is that Damian ? Is that the one where I am banned for life for calling George "A Village Idiot" ;) ;) ;

Vitruvian Man
09/09/2006, 11:54 AM
If Fenlon walks from Shels then it will be the ultimate incentive for them to win the league.

They will all be playing for their places next year...At The Big Club. ;)

damien
09/09/2006, 6:26 PM
What site is that Damian ? Is that the one where I am banned for life for calling George "A Village Idiot" ;) ;) ;

spot on tony :D that's why i left that site because if you don't agree we the goc band your history

thejollyrodger
09/09/2006, 7:17 PM
I just pray Fenlon stays.

hoopy
10/09/2006, 11:19 AM
Honest question so honest answers please. Do Bohs fans genuinely believe that Nutsy's the best candidate out there for the job? If so why?

1 9 2 8
10/09/2006, 11:44 AM
The Bohs fans last night were chanting "Fúck off Fenlon" and "Fenlon out"

chippie0001
10/09/2006, 11:45 AM
Honest question so honest answers please. Do Bohs fans genuinely believe that Nutsy's the best candidate out there for the job? If so why?

An honest answer so. Bohs are looking for a coach that knows the league, the players and the set up. Also someone who has managed professional football before so he does not learn his trade at Bohs like all our recent performances. We also want someone to improve the youth setup etc. On that basis Nutsy would be one of the few candidates in the league. Shels youth set up play in the top divisions, he has delivered success, he knows the ropes. That said hopefully he will turn us down as I detest the little c**t.

My hunch, and not many agree with me, is that he will stay with Shels, could just be wishful thinking on my part mind you.

sonofstan
10/09/2006, 11:49 AM
The Bohs fans last night were chanting "Fúck off Fenlon" and "Fenlon out"

That's the Dublin wit you hear about

Gareth
10/09/2006, 11:57 AM
I hope you don't get him because, quite frankly you don't deserve him. If Pat leave shels I would hope its for a club where the fans actually support a new manager not sack him before he even agrees to sign. Some bohs fans don't deserve success. I know lots of Bohs fans, and they genuinely are embarrassed by sections of their support and their behaviour.

chippie0001
10/09/2006, 12:00 PM
I hope you don't get him because, quite frankly you don't deserve him. If Pat leave shels I would hope its for a club where the fans actually support a new manager not sack him before he even agrees to sign. Some bohs fans don't deserve success. I know lots of Bohs fans, and they genuinely are embarrassed by sections of their support and their behaviour.

Gareth, Fenlon has previous with Bohs where he treated us like crap, so you can hardly be surprised that some people don't like him. Also if he does walk out on you with 10 games to go, it shows excatly what type of person he is. Most Bohs fans will suppurt Fenlon or anyone else 100%, the difference is Fenlon has baggage. I agree chanting before he starts is silly but I think it was more a joke than anything else. Whats your hunch, stay or go?

pete
10/09/2006, 12:22 PM
When Fenlon leaves who will Shels get in? I would be surprised if allowed Eamo Collins to take control for the rest of the season.

BohDiddley
10/09/2006, 12:24 PM
Bohs fans are bitter towards Fenlon because of his spiteful squad-wrecking tactics, founded on seat of the pants financing at Shelbourne, and because of his pointless and unprofessional stance towards the club in the past. But if this mercenary comes to to Bohs and shows what he can do with real and solid resourcing, he will have the support of the fans.
My personal opinion is that we should be more ambitious in the long-term, but that he's the best available in Ireland just now.

sfc red
10/09/2006, 12:42 PM

Not to mention the little Bohs kids who turned up to a Shelbourne and Longford Town game on Friday night to chant during a minute´s silence for a Shelbourne fan.

EnDai
10/09/2006, 12:51 PM
I don't think they knew there was a minutes silence. It still came across disgusting though, "De Boez" heard echoing around the ground during a minutes silence, scum.

And yes, I believe I can call them scum. Who else other than scum would be outside oppositions ground chanting on the night their team were not participating? Respectable individuals?

Red&White
10/09/2006, 2:19 PM
Check out Shels website: "Don't go Pat!" http://www.shelbournefc.ie/

bohs til i die
10/09/2006, 4:52 PM
I don't think they knew there was a minutes silence. It still came across disgusting though, "De Boez" heard echoing around the ground during a minutes silence, scum.

And yes, I believe I can call them scum. Who else other than scum would be outside oppositions ground chanting on the night their team were not participating? Respectable individuals?

a bit like Shels fans shouting during a minute's silence for Jackie Jameson in November 2002

Dodge
10/09/2006, 4:56 PM
Check out Shels website: "Don't go Pat!" http://www.shelbournefc.ie/

Very amateurish from an official site. Even more so when we know there are Shels fans here who want him to go