PDA

View Full Version : Reformation of the EL

Gerrit
08/09/2006, 3:41 PM
Hi guys,

First post in months for me... I had a bit of personal problems that kept me offline for a while, though won't go too much into detail there as it's not really relevant.

Anyways, I lost sight on the EL a bit during this period and am catching up now. What I'd like to ask: is there any concrete sight on how the EL will look next year? The clubs agreed in reforming the EL and chosing the premier division clubs on basis of not purely on-pitch results etc, but there wasn t anything too clear. Is there any sight on which teams will be in the Premier next season?

Also, is there any remotely concrete sight on which team will replace the late Dublin City in the league?

Mr A
08/09/2006, 5:50 PM
To be honest, apart from what we were initially told in the FAI document we know very little. Get that document here- http://www.fai.ie/merger/

I think the clubs are finding out a bit more about the detail of the points system this weekend.

As to whether the league will look for a new club or even whether there's now going to be a playoff between last (or second last) in the premier and 2nd in the first is not clear. This is a total joke, and just adds to the sense of foreboding as the FAI move towards their takeover.

So basically it's all as clear as mud.