PDA

View Full Version : Waterford Match

Green&whitearmy
07/09/2006, 12:01 PM
Theres no supporters bus going down, very dissapointing to hear but not surprised, people dont want to go see a team who are basically playing for nothing now.
Is ther many making the trip down?? Heard a good few lads will be driving hopefully those cars will be full so theres a bit of support, the lads do need it all.

BrayUnknowns
07/09/2006, 12:41 PM
Theres no supporters bus going down, very dissapointing to hear but not surprised, people dont want to go see a team who are basically playing for nothing now.
Is ther many making the trip down?? Heard a good few lads will be driving hopefully those cars will be full so theres a bit of support, the lads do need it all.

The supporters bus was ajoke to the Sligo cup match, only got back at half 2 ! the players got home sooner than that, maybe a good thing it's not running for this one....... Most people will drive down anyway.

Bray Head
07/09/2006, 4:04 PM
Probably makes sense with most of the young lads back at school so would be unable to make the bus. Because of traffic at Gorey you would need to leave at 3.00pm in a bus to give you time. We left at 4.00 once and missed the start of the match a few years ago.

Stevo Da Gull
07/09/2006, 10:42 PM
Possibly the biggest game of the season and I can't go :mad: :( . A combo of no bus and 6th year. I'll be cheering from Bray anyway, `GREEN AND WHITE ARMY`

Eoingull
08/09/2006, 9:36 AM
Thanks for posting this, lads...there's no mention of it on either of the club's websites! I'm just back from a week's holiday in America, and had planned on pretty much hopping straight on the bus down to Waterford. Jaysus, I could have been standing around outside Superquinn like a fool! I'm definitely too tired to arrange alternative transport, and will have to give it a miss. I don't like missing a game like this! I better not hold out too much hope of a coach going down to Cork at the end of the month either, if today is anything to go by. Games involving any travel of this length should be played on Saturdays.

jonboy
09/09/2006, 10:00 AM
i was very optimistic after last weeks first half performance and cant believe the result from last night, only one thing to say, tony must do the right thing and GO! and take doyle and foxy with him

Grasshopper 99
09/09/2006, 11:29 AM
Thank god the supporters club didnt run a bus (even though it was agread at a commitee meeting last year to run a bus to every game, if there is a minimum of 5 people going) as well as i had no money, cause i dont know what i would have done if i was there, is there any point off going to the bloody matches anymore. I missed last nights match but it feels like the players and management over the past weeks have given up on this season and its a pitty. The players look like they dont know what they are doing and the management are the same.

Its getting horrible and sickening to look at. Things need to step up a gear, who cares if the season is nearly over (it is for us) but start getting the team playing right for next season so we have something to look forward too rather than dreading.

Eoingull
09/09/2006, 11:35 AM
It was REALLY, REALLY bad last night. I got a late offer of a lift down, and it made for depressing viewing. As we said in the car afterwards, there wasn't even any sense of hope for the future that could be taken from the game. Only Tresson, and maybe Franco (who was strangely substituted), could hold their heads up after that. Never has the chant from opposing supporters of "You're sh*t, and you know you are" been more apt. I've been to almost every game this season, and that was by far the worst I've seen. Waterford were well worth the 3-0 victory.

fan_1
09/09/2006, 5:14 PM
i to was there not good at all .to many players hiding .skippy poor for the second goal in particular. thought tresson and O'Reilly tried hard and even ryaner did.but carrying to many players

BrayUnknowns
12/09/2006, 8:10 AM
Friday night proved that this is the worst Bray team of all time. Not one single bit of spirit or fight in them. Tony really needs to take a long hard look at what he's doing to our club, FFS he's playing players that would strugle to get there games in 1st division sides. Please give it up Tony, your hurting our club.

bluemovie
12/09/2006, 11:55 AM
Bray looked every bit as bad on Friday as we did for the first 5 months of the sesaon. Absolutely no confidence, panicking into making stupid mistakes. It really reminded me of the way we were. Bray could easily have taken the lead early on, but once they fell behind, their heads dropped.

We're still no world-beaters, but Cronin has instilled confidence into the team. I was patient with Mike Kerley, but it eventually got to the stage where we realised that it was never going to improve under his management. I've a feeling it might be the same for you with McGuirk.

Just to make you feel worse (sorry), that was our biggest win in 3 years.

thedoyler
12/09/2006, 3:00 PM
A lot has changed since we last visited the RSC, while our form has slid downwards due to bad management and a lack of ambition, Waterford's progress has been excellent in recent weeks due to a lot of ambition from their board bringing in many new signings, fair play to them, although that should be us...

superfrank
12/09/2006, 7:10 PM
Just cos Waterford are making signings doesn't mean that's going to make them better. We've made signings and we haven't gotten any better.

thedoyler
12/09/2006, 7:26 PM
I think Waterford went for better more established players like Cawley and Reynolds.

superfrank
12/09/2006, 8:18 PM
I don't believe that signing players for the sake of it does the trick. You need players that you know will work for you. Admittedly, Roche aside, Tony's signings haven't seem to do the job just yet. But then again I honestly don't feel that if we signed the same players that Waterford did, we'd be any better off.

thedoyler
12/09/2006, 8:20 PM
I definitely think Reynolds would have brough much needed experience and steel to our midfield, i think he for one would have made at least a small difference.

superfrank
12/09/2006, 8:28 PM
I think Reynolds is a hot-head that we don't need. Good player but the last thing we need is a player like him getting wound up and suspended, etc. He's a bit of a loose cannon, imo. McGov and Pip are bad enough.

BrayUnknowns
13/09/2006, 8:22 AM
I think Reynolds is a hot-head that we don't need. Good player but the last thing we need is a player like him getting wound up and suspended, etc. He's a bit of a loose cannon, imo. McGov and Pip are bad enough.

Are you serious ? Reynolds would have been the very type of player we needed to try and drag us out of this suitation ! Now i do not like him one single bit, BUT, he is the type of player who will give his all, a real battler and not affraid to stick the boot in (something that we badley lack) and is miles ahead of what we have to offer in the centre of the park already.

Tony signings haven't been up to the job but i still feel Rogers is a great coupe by the club.

superfrank
13/09/2006, 3:49 PM
Tony signings haven't been up to the job but i still feel Rogers is a great coupe by the club.
I feel that Rogers is better then Skippy at some parts of the game, but he is weaker then Skippy at others and they balance each other out in the end.

The real problem is the defence.