PDA

View Full Version : Sean praises and appeal to fans

Rory H
07/09/2006, 10:21 AM
the atmosphere the colour[:) ] and the noise by the fans sunday was fantastic.I dont mention it a lot but I do appreciate it.Whoever brought the badhron please bring it again Saturday

thats pretty much what he said on ocean fm earlier

he mentioned how much it means to the team and how the fans have taken to the players he brought in.he mentioned harpel.he said its never been more crucial for the fans to get behind the team and that he really wants the same bs bohs saturday

lads...blue stand saturday....we'll start the singing,ill bring the badhron.ill ask you know who about the drum too. and you have to only join in.we will sing all day if he have to and get the shedheads on our side...it must be done.

so join us...because if you enjoyed longford you have no reason not to come....we all support the team,lets show it we can do it too and show those junkies who are the better fans

Rory H
07/09/2006, 11:12 AM
maybe.....we gotta anything and everything that makes noise and hopefully it will be a night to remember.....

sligoman
07/09/2006, 1:37 PM
Get there early to set up? I'll head over to the blue stand if possible too;).

Bravo
07/09/2006, 1:46 PM
Lads we'll be in the Blue stand Ready to Rock N Roll.

Red4Eva
07/09/2006, 3:24 PM
why won't ppl come into the shed???

Red&White Rover
07/09/2006, 3:28 PM

trying to figure that out myself! i dont understand why people just cant come into the shed! WR would you not consider having everyone in the shed to have an unbelieveable support in one area of the ground! so what if you have something against the shed heads or think their *****s or whatever, put it aside and get the shed back to its former glory!;)
btw WR, high praise for the badhron!:D

kkontour
07/09/2006, 4:12 PM
Maybe cause it looks dangerous with all the barriers and cracked walls:eek:

red bellied
07/09/2006, 4:23 PM
Is there not a bit of a clique in the shed, does this put some people off going in there?

Fivesilver
07/09/2006, 4:38 PM
As someone who spent my teenage years in the Shed, I have a soft spot for it, but I think one thing it lost out through was when the dressingrooms were moved. Several players from other clubs have told me they hated having to enter and exit past the mob. Unfortunately, they now come out under the most docile section of the support.

But lads, does it matter where people are in the ground? As long as there are concentrations of fans making plenty of noise, that's the main thing. In fact, all the better if there are noisy groups in more than one part of the ground - there's a good chance they'll spark the placid crowd around them into life.

Can we end the debate about whether people should go to the stand or the Shed? Go to either, but be prepared to make as much noise as you can.

1 9 2 8
07/09/2006, 5:31 PM
I agree with what Fivesilver said about the dressing rooms. The Shed isn't as hostile for away teams since they were moved. Away teams used to hate it.

But it doesn’t matter where you go either the Shed or the Jinksy the more parts of the ground singing the better. We need the Showgrounds to be as intimating as possible for away teams.

SligoBrewer
07/09/2006, 6:09 PM
why not go to the shed earlier than the 'clique'?

Therefore...reclaiming the shed for those who fecking love our club!

Fivesilver
07/09/2006, 7:52 PM
And while we're at it, why don't we have a big punch-up over which of us are the real fans.
For god's sake, lads, are we all supporting the same team or what?

sligoman
07/09/2006, 7:54 PM
And while we're at it, why don't we have a big punch-up over which of us are the real fans.Sounds good, what time's it at?:p :D

SligoBrewer
07/09/2006, 8:17 PM
seriously...

the shed is for the more 'vocal' of sligo rovers fans..
we all want to be 'vocal'...

if they have a problem with a bigger number of 'vocal fans' in the shed they can feck off. what can they do if they are significantly outnumbered?

Fight cause we go in the shed?

sligoman
07/09/2006, 8:21 PM
seriously...

we all want to be 'vocal'...I'm not saying everyone is but theirs lots of muppets in the shed nowadays, shouting stupid insults at people. I wouldn't call them "fans". When they're all singing, good, but when they're acting the eejit, they just look stupid.

SligoBrewer
07/09/2006, 8:33 PM
Well then, dilute the muppets with fans who also would like to sing but encourage rather than insult.

Fivesilver
07/09/2006, 9:22 PM
What's wrong with the original idea of a group in the stand?
The way I see it, there's going to be at least two sections of noisy fans; leave it up to individuals to decide which group they want to join. This thing of two different sets of fans from the same team slagging each other off is childish.
No other team in the league is having this STUPID argument (more than likely having a bit of a laugh at the Sligo eejits if they're looking at these threads).
Just get behind the team - anywhere as long as you're inside the gates - and lets get the Showgies back to being the intimidating venue it used to be.

Red&White Rover
07/09/2006, 10:01 PM
seriously...

we all want to be 'vocal'...

if they have a problem with a bigger number of 'vocal fans' in the shed they can feck off. what can they do if they are significantly outnumbered?

Fight cause we go in the shed?

please remember we are all rovers supporters! more atmosphere for the team is the only thing thats needed!

BohsFans
07/09/2006, 11:33 PM
[B]lads...blue stand saturday....

If by blue stand you mean stand with blue seats, I think it's our on Saturday :confused:

sligoman
07/09/2006, 11:57 PM
If by blue stand you mean stand with blue seats, I think it's our on Saturday :confused:It will be but Rovers fans are still allowed go there too, ye'll be down the far end. How many ye bringing?

gustavo
07/09/2006, 11:59 PM
Technically its the away fans section but thats on the proviso that the away fans fill the stand which never happens

BohsFans
08/09/2006, 12:31 AM
It will be but Rovers fans are still allowed go there too, ye'll be down the far end. How many ye bringing?

250 MAX.

Rory H
08/09/2006, 10:49 AM
250 MAX.

well that will only take 2 sections.....max!

anyway the reason i dont want to go the shed is i dont think we'd be welcome there...shedheads in monaghan didnt want my badhron there and i dont think thats changed...

a friend of mine is buying a badhron now so the 2 of them should make a bit of noise....this is a big appeal for people to join us....if you sing away from home you sing at home..thats the new rule!

Red&White Rover
08/09/2006, 3:39 PM
well that will only take 2 sections.....max!

anyway the reason i dont want to go the shed is i dont think we'd be welcome there...shedheads in monaghan didnt want my badhron there and i dont think thats changed...

just come in anyway i say..you may be surprised! it'd be class to have a full shed again!

akearins
08/09/2006, 3:59 PM
Blue stand it is....and the beer before sounds good too...I'll bring a crew

akearins
08/09/2006, 4:05 PM
Dont thinks it anything to do with who goes to the shed or anything just with the roof over us (not aspestus) in the blue stand you get more noise from a few so creating a better atmosphere.....all sections of the ground should be in full voice

In some grounds as in the case with the shed in years gone by away teams would always shoot into the shed second half as it was seen as an advantage than allowing Rovers attack their vocal fans end...well if all section are in voice on match night the away team cannot use this...advantage us COME ON THE BIT O RED

1 9 2 8
08/09/2006, 5:32 PM
AK brings your drums and your two flags as well the Showgrounds should be a sea of red and white

1 9 2 8
08/09/2006, 5:51 PM
I know some of ye had trouble singing “Singh and we're winning, He's HarpelSingh and we're winning":D up in Longford so ye might struggle with this one:p but Redzer posted this on the other Rovers forum (with a change to the last verse)

To the tune of Robin Hood.
"Harpel Singh,
Harpel Singh,
Flying down the wing

Harpel Singh,
Harpel Singh,
With the Rovers men

Feared by the Bohs,
Loved by the Reds
Harpel Singh,
Harpel Singh"

sligoman
08/09/2006, 6:01 PM
a friend of mine is buying a badhron nowAll he needs now is a wig, I'll lend him mine:D.

The Stars
10/09/2006, 12:09 PM
have to stand at the back of the stand though cos when we stood up last night,people behind us were giving off.

1 9 2 8
10/09/2006, 12:32 PM
have to stand at the back of the stand though cos when we stood up last night,people behind us were giving off.
Should have started singing stand up for the Bit O Red:cool:

Rory H
10/09/2006, 5:18 PM
Should have started singing stand up for the Bit O Red:cool:

we did...we started that!

it was good

but tuesday will be even better.....the stand should be full....

come on lads..sean said he appreciated it but it was nothing..we can do better..and we will....blue stand tuesday..be there!:D

sligoman
10/09/2006, 5:24 PM
Should have started singing stand up for the Bit O Red:cool:Some people that were singing that, were actually sitting down while singing it though:o :D.

SligoBrewer
11/09/2006, 8:58 AM
i dont know...still have a soft spot for the auld shed

Rory H
11/09/2006, 7:31 PM
im getting my exam results tomorrow so i should be in good form if i pass[even if i dont!] so we will try to make a good atmosphere...badhrons will be there..and i think a few dozen red and white balloons are neccesary