PDA

View Full Version : Germany Tonight

Sligo Hornet
06/09/2006, 8:48 PM
13 NIl against San Marino!!!!!.......Christ, San marino must be ****e, because as bad as we were saturday night, we were never really under severe pressure.........just shows you how important it is to take your EARLY chances!!

I'm looking forward to February next year!!:D

eirebhoy
06/09/2006, 8:50 PM
San Marino are without doubt the worst team in Europe and I was delighted to be finally drawn against them. We certainly won't win by close to 13 goals but we should record our biggest win in decades. No excuses if we don't.

DeNiro
06/09/2006, 9:38 PM
We were supposed to do that against Liechtenstein in 1994. I hate this goalscoring record business with Ireland. We can hardly score 1, let alone beat the record we got against Malta 13 years ago!

onenilgameover
06/09/2006, 9:46 PM
Thats a mad scoreline... and they didnt even score till 10 mins in..

joema
06/09/2006, 10:01 PM
We are fortunate that goal difference doesnt count anymore. Id take 5-0 against them - cant see us getting more than that tbh

tetsujin1979
06/09/2006, 11:20 PM
the ref giving a penalty in the 90th minute at 12-0 was just adding insult to injury too.
felt sorry for hitzelsperger (sp?), thought he'd nicked an international hat trick in 6 minutes, only for one of them to be awarded to podolski

Packie88
07/09/2006, 9:12 PM
San Marino are without doubt the worst team in Europe and I was delighted to be finally drawn against them. We certainly won't win by close to 13 goals but we should record our biggest win in decades. No excuses if we don't.

I agree: we won't get 13 goals against them, but 7 or 8 goals is not realistic either.

Packie88
07/09/2006, 9:15 PM
the ref giving a penalty in the 90th minute at 12-0 was just adding insult to injury too.
felt sorry for hitzelsperger (sp?), thought he'd nicked an international hat trick in 6 minutes, only for one of them to be awarded to podolski

But why didn't Lehmann not take the peno...I heard something about a San Marino player sayin' it wasn't Fair Play?? I didn't see the problem why the keeper could not take a penalty.

backstothewall
07/09/2006, 10:41 PM
But why didn't Lehmann not take the peno...I heard something about a San Marino player sayin' it wasn't Fair Play?? I didn't see the problem why the keeper could not take a penalty.

If only for the comedy value of the chase if he hits the bar and it rebounds over his head!!!

German_Tim
08/09/2006, 12:24 AM
But why didn't Lehmann not take the peno...I heard something about a San Marino player sayin' it wasn't Fair Play??

Yes, that was the reason. He proved to be a gentleman & thankfully refused to do what the fans demanded. *thumbs up*

There was no need for more humiliation for the hosts.

geysir
08/09/2006, 9:47 AM
I'm slower than a tortosie sometimes but I don't get it, fair play? in what sense would be be humiliating for SM if Lehmann scored instead of the penalty taker? Spell it slowly please.

Billsthoughts
08/09/2006, 12:03 PM
I suppose cause it looks bad the goalie comin out and taking the peno(unless he usually takes the penos) same reason why fergie wouldnt play barthez outfield at the end of the season when utd had title sown up. disrespectfull to other teams.

geysir
08/09/2006, 1:36 PM
Okay it's sunk in.
Maybe San Marino are use to these these situations but it's a consolation to know that when your 13-0 down there is still some face left to save from the situation.
Maybee we should as them very nicely not to score against us first unike the disrepectfull Andorans.

Packie88
08/09/2006, 3:00 PM
[QUOTE=geysir;531867]Okay it's sunk in.
Maybe San Marino are use to these these situations but it's a consolation to know that when your 13-0 down there is still some face left to save from the situation.

That's the point exactly. The team did not want this, it was the fans who wanted the keeper to take the penalty. Well done to Lehmann for not being such an a**h**e!!!

pineapple stu
12/09/2006, 7:04 PM
Penalty incident. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XbEhpmfRWc)

Goals. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_5dbvyEe5I&mode=related&search=)

Both youtube links

Billsthoughts
12/09/2006, 7:36 PM
Maybee we should ask them very nicely not to score against us first unike the disrepectfull Andorans.

for gods sake dont ever mention that again!!!.... or that 3-2 thrilla agaisnt Malta.....or the 0-0 hammering of Iceland at home.....or the last minute equaliser in macedonia...or the 3-2 defeat to them either....or that ten man defence away to croatia.....or that 4-2 defeat away to russia......no repeat after me....Macarthy is great....Keane is bad...we nearly won the WC after playing 10 man spain off the park.....brian kerr killed Christmas........