PDA

View Full Version : PA

Ali-G
21/08/2002, 11:08 AM
Network 2 had the goals last night at 11.30. The PA guy announced it at the match. Highlights on the chorus channel tonight.

There is little hope of Napier coming back this season, as mentioned above the season is over in January. The worrying thought is of Sir Hoofalot (Deccie Daly) winning his place back. Anyone know how long Andrews is out for? We have yet to see him play for City.

And when is the draw for the cup 1/4 finals? Next Monday??

patsh
21/08/2002, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Ali-G
Network 2 had the goals last night at 11.30. The PA guy announced it at the match.
You can hear sweet f*** all in the shed. When are they going to fix the PA there?
(Or are they going to bother, and just pull down the shed down?..;) )

Neil
21/08/2002, 11:47 AM
At the last SC meeting one of the lads said that the PA in the Shed would be fixed for the Bray game. I noticed last night that they had turned the speakers around alright.

pete
21/08/2002, 11:54 AM
Hows about somebody with a bit of passion annoucing the teams & goals 'n stuff? Works really well when annpucing the goal scorer at other grounds...

Is Pat McAuliffe off to Cobh now & if so whpose doing the announcements these days?

niamh
22/08/2002, 1:28 PM
Didn't hear that announcement. And they could do with a more energetic PA!

Colm
22/08/2002, 1:44 PM
Originally posted by pete
Is Pat McAuliffe off to Cobh now & if so whpose doing the announcements these days? Not sure, but I think hes still doing it.

Troy.McClure
22/08/2002, 2:50 PM
Eanna was the nearest thing to a PA in the Shed! I went over towards the family enclosure for the 2nd half and the PA was very good. Still not quite as good as Dalymount or Tolka, but quite acceptible. The goals were called out as they happened (as opposed to 5 min later usually and the subs were caled out when they were taking place aswell (although he go Warren's number wrong, 13 instead of 15)). The PA man was Ken Tobin from 96fm and is probably the best Ive heard at an eL match. He has a very good voice for it and much better then Mullet Man (McCaulif - if ye saw him on News 2). Once the Shed is sorted out, the place should be fine. :)

If they could do it continental style like they (Eanna?) said in 451 then we would be sorted:D

The scorer on 35 minutes, JOHN OOOOOOOOOO

FFFFFFFFFFFLYNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

:D

pete
22/08/2002, 2:58 PM
On the continent they have announcers walking onto the pitch with microphone 'n everything.

St Pats have annoying (to away fans) announcer of Pats goals - thats what we need.

Schumi
22/08/2002, 4:49 PM

St Pats have annoying (to away fans) announcer of Pats goals - thats what we need.

He could call you 'Super City' and refer to Turner's Cross as the Nou Camp.

Colm
23/08/2002, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Troy.McClure
The PA man was Ken Tobin from 96fm and is probably the best Ive heard at an eL match.
Well at least he will be passionate about it as he is a massive city fan, hes always going on about city on his show.

pete
23/08/2002, 1:13 PM
Originally posted by Schumi
He could call you 'Super City' and refer to Turner's Cross as the Nou Camp.

If Richmind Park is the 'Stadium of Light' the cross has to be good enough for the Nou Camp.

;)

patsh
23/08/2002, 1:36 PM

If Richmind Park is the 'Stadium of Light' the cross has to be good enough for the Nou Camp.

;)

Hmmmmmmmmmmm....
I guess that would make Century Homes Park the, eh,
"Theatre of Dreams" ??........:D

Troy.McClure
23/08/2002, 1:51 PM
Originally posted by oddboy

Hmmmmmmmmmmm....
Surely St Coalmans would be good enough for there :D

Schumi
26/08/2002, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by oddboy

Hmmmmmmmmmmm....

Well Bray have a sign in the Carlisle Grounds saying "The Field of Dreams" so I suppose anything's possible.

Troy.McClure
28/08/2002, 9:38 AM
Ya, but I still havent seen Kevin Cosner there, and not a baseball in sight :(

Schumi
28/08/2002, 12:36 PM
Wouldn't be surprised to get hit by a baseball from one of those scumbag kids though.