PDA

View Full Version : Replacement for Napier?

pete
21/08/2002, 11:30 AM
I presume Andrews is still out injured & Captain Hoof not back yet?

How did Alan Bennett do last night?...he doesn't seem an obvious choice.

Maybe move Carey (i hear he played there before) into centre back & drop Greg or Colin T into right back?

Neil
21/08/2002, 11:35 AM
Bennett did well last night, I thought. But it's a tall order to ask a 20-yr old midfielder to play center-half against the likes of Glen Crowe and Livingstone in the coming weeks.

Maybe we would be better off with Daly falling back in for a few weeks until Andrews returns?

How about signing another center-half? Dave Whittle was mentioned before... anyone else?

patsh
21/08/2002, 11:37 AM
Alan Bennett did fairly well, but I would not see that as the long term solution. I'd go with moving Carey into the center for the Bray match, with Greg on the right.
Maybe Derek might be persuaded to come back !!! :D

pete
21/08/2002, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Neil
Maybe we would be better off with Daly falling back in for a few weeks until Andrews returns?

Are you sure this not a typo Neil? last chance to change it...

:eek:

Neil
21/08/2002, 11:39 AM
Temporary solution! That's all.

Gary
22/08/2002, 12:14 PM
Is Napier the unluckiest player ever to play for City. Chrissake, he's been captain this season, playing well and then this happens. Lousy that is.

Replacement? Killian Lordan is a handy little sweeper CENTRE half (note the spelling Neil and oddboy!!:D ).

paudie
22/08/2002, 12:39 PM
Don't fancy bringing Deccie back. He's been a great servant but struggled badly a lot of last year.

how long will Andrews be out?

Alan Carey mightn't be strong enough. Greg is strong but not very tall. also might dive in with reckless tackles.

no doubt the great gunther will sort it out for us.

niamh
22/08/2002, 1:09 PM
Bennett is def not a solution. He was pulling so many shirts that he was lucky the ref couldn't see a thing all night.
He isn't a centre half, but as rightly noted, there ain't no one else to do the job at the minute and we have St. Pat's on Monday. Not good.

Neil
22/08/2002, 1:22 PM
I forgot about Killian Lordan. He should be given a chance now alright. Probably a bit too soon for Kevin Murray from the Youth team but next year I'd say...

Troy.McClure
22/08/2002, 3:02 PM
As Lordan hasnt played (m)any matches for City, Id put Bennet in there for a while, he did all that was asked of him against the boggers. I was a bit surprized that Rennie didnt drop back there as he has played there before but he's prob too big a loss in the midfiels until O'Grady gets back. I wouldnt trust Carey in the middle, I worry enough with him on the wing!

Maybe we could ask last seasons joint top scorer and part time centre back, Hartigol to return?:D ;) :o

patsh
22/08/2002, 3:56 PM
Originally posted by GWA
Is Napier the unluckiest player ever to play for City. Chrissake, he's been captain this season, playing well and then this happens. Lousy that is.

Replacement? Killian Lordan is a handy little sweeper CENTRE half (note the spelling Neil and oddboy!!:D ).
Lousy that is
Do you think you are f*cking Yoda or what ????;) :D

pete
22/08/2002, 4:06 PM
If the Pats game goes ahead we need as many people as can head the ball on the pitch. Pats have only scored 2 goals from play this season so we have to defend set pieces! Deccie may not be the worst option.

Bohs game will need a bit of pace at the back so rules Deccie out ;)

Gary
23/08/2002, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by oddboy

Lousy that is
Do you think you are f*cking Yoda or what ????;) :D

Whaaaaaaa?

patsh
23/08/2002, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by GWA
Whaaaaaaa?
Star Wars, The way Yoda speaks and all that.................:rolleyes:

Gary
23/08/2002, 12:20 PM
Oh right (or is that rite in american?:D )

Whoosh. way over my heead oddboy. Sorry:rolleyes:

Troy.McClure
23/08/2002, 1:53 PM
Originally posted by GWA
Is Napier the unluckiest player ever to play for City.
I thought that Fergie O'Donavan always had just a bit more bad luck:D :(

James
23/08/2002, 3:51 PM
especially if you call him fergie o donavan

i'm sure that would **** fergie o'donoghue off even more

:D