PDA

View Full Version : Stevo

Neil
20/08/2002, 11:15 PM
Feel so sorry for Steve Napier... If what is said on eleven-a-side.com is true: "Stephen Napier snapped his Achilles tendon and faces a long lay off from the game."

Best of luck Stevo.

patsh
21/08/2002, 7:09 AM
Spot on, Neil.
I think he has been City's most consistent player for a long time, and will be badly missed. I hope it is not as bad as it sounds and he does get back playing this season again.

Neil
21/08/2002, 9:44 AM
I just glanced at one of the papers there and it says he's out for the season at least.

pete
21/08/2002, 10:02 AM
They showed him been stretchered off on the late news on Network 2 last night as well.

Less than 5 months in the season anyway & when add in the
rehabilitation not hard to see hes out for the season. Napers comes across as one of the most honest players around, always giving 100%.

patsh
21/08/2002, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by pete
They showed him been stretchered off on the late news on Network 2 last night as well.
As a matter of interest, pete, did they show the goals or any of the game. I wonder was it Multi channel footage?
I waited for the TV3 news, and they did not even give out the result. They mentioned that McCarthy would not pick the team until today, some Man U player, Neville ?, back from injury and the delay in the Italian season. I presume they had it in the late sports show, but you'd think they could have given the result in the news, given the above "stories".

James
21/08/2002, 3:23 PM
they showed the goals, billy's one looked magic :) even despite the ****e camera angle

:)

niamh
22/08/2002, 1:19 PM
is messed up that we don't know which channel to watch in case of highlights. All the best for Stephen though, he doesn't deserve it. Has been good player for City. Loyal.

Wizzard
23/08/2002, 8:57 AM
It's true that he's snapped his Achilles tendon and he will be in a cast for 2 months and he will be out for at least 8 months.