PDA

View Full Version : ELW Goal of the month August

EddieAnnand
05/09/2006, 10:50 AM
Anyone know if there is a list of the goals online anywhere? Watched it last night but was a bit sleepy and forget which order they were in. Had a look at the TV3 website but can't see anything.:mad:

Rory H
05/09/2006, 10:58 AM
hughes was 5 and foy was 6

heary was 1 and i think gorgescu was 4

leech was 3 and cant remember the other one

only the last 2 matter anyway

sonofstan
05/09/2006, 11:01 AM
Devlin's goal - our fourth - against Bray should've been there

RonnieB
05/09/2006, 11:49 AM
I think Kirbys goal against Bohs was second up.

Raheny Red
05/09/2006, 12:21 PM
Anyone know if there is a list of the goals online anywhere? Watched it last night but was a bit sleepy and forget which order they were in. Had a look at the TV3 website but can't see anything.

Just about to post up a new thread but I'll put it here ;) :cool: - just uploading it now :)

Raheny Red
05/09/2006, 12:45 PM
Goal 1: Owen Heary -V- Drogheda.

Goal 2: Alan Kirby -V- Bohemians.

Goal 3: Mark Leech -V- Bray.

Goal 4: Andrei Georgescu -V- Derry City.

Goal 5: Adam Hughes -V- Drogheda.

Goal 6: Robbie Foy -V- Drogheda.

Send your selections to sports@tv.ie for a chance to win a couple of tickets to the Ireland V Czech game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjckpZmx0ME

Not a good month for Drogheda :p

For me it has to be Kirby's goal to build up to the goal is great to watch especially the one touch passing at the edge of the box. Though Foy's, Hughes' and Heary's are all screamers, Kirby just shades it!

**Mods could maybe add a poll :)

BohDiddley
05/09/2006, 2:33 PM
Hughes, I thought, after a single viewing of the bunch.
But I agree that Devlin's should have been in there for calm, poise, precision, power and freak value.

lofty9
05/09/2006, 3:49 PM
Kirby's for me. Longford pretending to be Brazil - a mental masterstroke by Matthews:eek:

Dave drummerboy
05/09/2006, 5:13 PM
The drawdaa one against bohs .

Raheny Red
05/09/2006, 5:16 PM
The drawdaa one against bohs .

You don't know much about your rivals, do you?! :rolleyes: :D

dublinred
05/09/2006, 5:47 PM
Goal 2 is is the best on view, however there was a very good build up to Hughes goal which was not shown also given the context of Foys goal considering it was in the 94th minute is worth a mention.

Harpal Singh has already won goal of the month for September if the Longford boys bother to send in the tape of the match , the cameraman should of had a great angle on it as he was behind Singh when he hit it.

Anyone notice that 3 of the goals were scored into the same goal against one of the best defences in the league.

JC_GUFC
05/09/2006, 6:01 PM
But I agree that Devlin's should have been in there for calm, poise, precision, power and freak value.

Pity the ball didn't enter the goal though! :rolleyes:

Who did that little jink before Hughes' goal? It wasn't bad for a Sligo player... ;)

The Stars
05/09/2006, 6:05 PM
Pity the ball didn't enter the goal though! :rolleyes:

Who did that little jink before Hughes' goal? It wasn't bad for a Sligo player... ;)
that was Fahrudin Kudozouvic....AKA Faz.he can be that good when he wants to be,if only he did it every week.

Hughes has to get it.Great bulid up before it even before Faz got it,rounded 2 men and the strike was different class.

BTW,its Keith Foy,not Robbie as TV3 like to call him.

JC_GUFC
05/09/2006, 6:14 PM
that was Fahrudin Kudozouvic....AKA Faz.he can be that good when he wants to be,if only he did it every week.

Yeah thought it might have been him alright - I don't think too many people around Tubbercurry know moves like that :D (apart from Raf of course!)

I definitely think that should get it though, I'm surprised Kirby's has been mentioned as a contender, I thought Heary's was pretty decent too.

Was thinking watching it that if you took 5 random games a week in the Championship over the course of a month you wouldn't come up with a Goal of the Month competition any better than that.

I was watching Port Vale v Doncaster on Sunday and the standard was below Bohs v Drogs on Friday night - the only difference was the stadium, which although looked nice was half empty.

Ceirtlis
05/09/2006, 6:37 PM
Goal no 5 for me without question lovely skill by the guy who set it up to go past 2 players and a cracking finish into the top corner. The longford goal was good but in fairness it wasnt earth shattering just a string of simple passes.

A face
05/09/2006, 8:47 PM
Goal no 5 for me without question lovely skill by the guy who set it up to go past 2 players and a cracking finish into the top corner. The longford goal was good but in fairness it wasnt earth shattering just a string of simple passes.

Yeah, but there were about eight players who know exactly what was going on, great team effort and beautiful football, which is something that this league needs more of.

pineapple stu
05/09/2006, 9:04 PM
Some good goals there - probably could have been better had TV3 got more footage than barely half the games in the league...

Heary's stood out for me on first viewing, but Kirby's is quality for the movement from the edge of his own box. Sligo ones are nice, and the Bray finish is good, though there's a bit too much scrappiness before that for my liking! :) Also, Judas leech was in there with a header - presume that got in for the build up, 'cos it looked out of place with the others.

Going to go with...Heary.

Schumi
06/09/2006, 10:21 AM
Robbie :D Foy for me.

joeSoap
06/09/2006, 10:29 AM
Close call between Heary and Kirby for me, Heary just shades it because of the 'sensationalist' value.

roversforever
06/09/2006, 10:40 AM
has to be hughsies goal!great work by faz and a stunning strike from our aussie genius!!

Rory H
06/09/2006, 10:45 AM
hughesie!

but i voted for foyzer and fecking watch it mr staunton!

DmanDmythDledge
06/09/2006, 12:34 PM
Very hard to pick a winner there. Kirby's goal was great for the teamwork, Hughes' goal was great for the build up and finish, but Keith Foy's goal was a lesson of pure technique.

I voted for Hughes but now I've changed my mind.

Martinho II
06/09/2006, 3:32 PM
i obviously would have to go for alan kirbys goal. great teamwork nvolved but a very close second is owen hearys goal