PDA

View Full Version : What the fcuk is going on

Danny
26/06/2001, 5:15 PM
Sorry if you read this some where else,too many message boards:

Dundalk have today announced the signings of Stephen McGuinness, Jonathan Prizeman, James Keddy, Stuart Connelly and Mick O'Byrne.

Stevo is a big loss & Keddy was the only person seriously linked with us. Are we gonna pay on the field for finally getting some work done off it. If so thats a load of Boll@x, surely we have some money from the last 8 or so seasons when fcuk all was done to the ground. Alright the lads did well last season but we gotta add a couple of new faces.

Plus every other team in the premier is gonna play 3-5 friendlies but we have only the mighty Crewe (is that even confirmed ??).....

Can the I.S. sort out that meeting with the club ASAP.

Danny:mad: :mad: :mad:

EddieL
27/06/2001, 1:35 AM
I have to agree with you there,Danny,it looks like being a worrying developement us not signing any new players,when everybody else seems to be doing so.My biggest hope was that we'd sign James Keddy and Eric Lavine,they would have more than strenghtened the team in vital departments,I feel.Sadly,Keddy has gone to Dundalk and Lavine looks like going to Longford Town,and good luck to them.Stevo is a big loss,although I feel that Colm Foley and Darragh Maguire can still develop a solid central defensive pairing,given time,but we still need two new outfield players to make us a team capable of challenging for the league,also perhaps a new 'keeper as I was'nt too convinced by Seamus Kelly last season.But the most worrying aspect of the whole thing is the SILENCE from Richmond Park...where are you,Dolo,and just what IS going on?????

pete
27/06/2001, 10:14 AM
I would have thought it a good thing not signing Keddy & Lavine - both guys look disinterested & only after the money?

Alan
27/06/2001, 11:36 AM
Its a bit worrying alright. Are they all away on holidays ?
There's one preseason against Crewe no less and even thats not confirmed on stpatsfc.com which doesnt even seem to have been updated in ages.
Does'nt say a lot for Fatboy Slim's supposed PR mantle.

EddieL
27/06/2001, 7:05 PM
I was afraid to say so on this thread but I've just been reading the unofficial forum and it seems,without mentioning the dreaded R word,that others also feel that it's not looking good for us next season,what with pre-season games not being confirmed and no new players joining up to strengthen the team.Apparently the money is being used exclusively to upgrade Richmond Park,which is fair enough,as this work is long overdue but I just hope that results don't go too much against us.Hopefully,the team will continue to take another step towards the potential it showed last season with a little more constitency thrown in.The way things stand at the moment,though,we would probably do well to finish the same as last season,5th.Sorry for being so pessimistic,I am really concerned about my team at this moment.