PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got Dunphy's comments?

Merc67
04/09/2006, 12:46 PM
post match? is there a thread here somewhere about it.
was in stuttgart and only got a text about him havign a rant..would like to see/hear/read it.
cheers.

OwlsFan
04/09/2006, 1:01 PM
You're interested in the views of a vile fawning elf-skinned puttock! Why ?

Peadar
04/09/2006, 1:02 PM
He writes for some tabloid so his comments will be in print somewhere today, no doubt.

Billsthoughts
04/09/2006, 1:20 PM
he actually was the only person on panel who called the game right.
twenty minutes of ireland playin well then aa shambles. also pointed out that it wasnt really apparent where any of the midfielders were playin.

Merc67
04/09/2006, 2:20 PM
You're interested in the views of a vile fawning elf-skinned puttock! Why ?

just as i would read something you post Owl:)

Clifford
04/09/2006, 3:23 PM
Don't waste your time, just recall any of his other brutal, "controversial", assaults with no foundation and you've hit the nail on the head.

Same old simple ramblings, using one or two incidents to highlight his point and ignoring the rest of the game. Did anyone here expect us to do better than we did? Thought not.

He was presumably drunk again as all three on the panel with him were gobsmacked to the point of laughter. Comedy character he is indeed.

craigdublin
04/09/2006, 4:46 PM
Why do we believe Dunphy? Why do we suddenly take him seriously when for years he was the butt of jokes. He has shaped our view of the Jack era. He shaped our view of McCarthy and he destroyed Kerr in the final games when we could have qualified for the world cup. Now as Brady says he is out to undermine the next manager. Thats all he does -he destroys. And so many of us are taken in. He claims to critique but its not positive criticism. Its polemic:mad:

DannyInvincible
04/09/2006, 4:57 PM
Don't waste your time, just recall any of his other brutal, "controversial", assaults with no foundation and you've hit the nail on the head.

Same old simple ramblings, using one or two incidents to highlight his point and ignoring the rest of the game. Did anyone here expect us to do better than we did? Thought not.

He was presumably drunk again as all three on the panel with him were gobsmacked to the point of laughter. Comedy character he is indeed.

I felt his points had foundation. The others didn't seem gobsmacked - Brady actually admitted that he agreed with a lot of what Dunphy had to say.

Not sure what you were watching. Maybe you were the drunk one.

hoopy
04/09/2006, 5:06 PM
Let's be honest here for a minute. Dunphy will never forget what happened in Saipan and is still anti whoever dared to disagree with Keane. I'm not a huge Staunton fan but that's purely because of his inexperience, nothing else. The final straw for me re Dunphy was the other night when he said that Miller should be in the side(the same guy he said previously wasn't good enough). Now maybe I'm being over cynical but you have to remember that Miller's just signed for Dunphy's hero. Think about it

youngirish
04/09/2006, 5:32 PM
Living abroad I didn't hear Dunphy's comments but how anyone could treat that gobs**te's opinions with any credibility surprises me. He'd still have a moan if Ireland had won 5-0. He tries to be controversial to hide the underlying fact that he doesn't really have much of a clue about the game.

He is unintentionally funny at least though.

popmart
04/09/2006, 6:14 PM
Dunphy is a joke. Its time RTE showed him the door. He wrote in the Star today suggesting Staunton was a clown for having a joke with Houghton before game. Im sure that really affected the performance!
The biggest fear is that idiots are probably listening to him and will start turning against the team soon enough.I believe that Staunton is still very unproven and the jury is out but am willing to give him a chance. Its not his fault we dont have the players.

eirebhoy
04/09/2006, 6:40 PM
I'd be pretty sure there's a reason why he's trying to cause all this controversy recently. Is Monday's edition of the Star (if that's the day of his column) losing readers? :rolleyes:

DmanDmythDledge
04/09/2006, 9:53 PM
post match? is there a thread here somewhere about it.
was in stuttgart and only got a text about him havign a rant..would like to see/hear/read it.
cheers.
Why are ye all going mad because he said he would like to read it?

craigdublin
04/09/2006, 10:13 PM
I felt his points had foundation. The others didn't seem gobsmacked - Brady actually admitted that he agreed with a lot of what Dunphy had to say.
Not sure what you were watching. Maybe you were the drunk one.
.................................................. .................................................. ....

Dunphy has an agenda to destroy the manager. Brady made the point - "I agree with some of your points, but I dont agree with your desire to undermine the manager". (not an exact quote). Its Dunphy's agenda and his politics that are vicious. Great point above about Miller - he suddenly likes him because of Roy Keane signing him. Its so obvious. Of course he makes some good points, but his whole approach is a disgrace.

cheifo
04/09/2006, 10:51 PM
Truth is any manager in the World would struggle to make us a top class side at the moment.

The Don
05/09/2006, 8:46 AM
Have to agree, Dunphys attacks on Staunton seem very personal and are driven from his so called loyalty to Keane. Keane must be hanging his head when he hears some of the comments. The Star are making a mistake by letting him write such crap and expect us to buy it.