PDA

View Full Version : Ratings from Match

NeilMcD
04/09/2006, 12:22 PM
Given 9/10

Simple as this I would not swap him for any keeper in world football. Amazing the other night

Carr 5/10

Given a hard time by Sweinsteiger not as bad as some of his more recent displays but still not good enough in my view. Gave a few horrdendous balls to O Shea in the 2nd half

O Brien 7/10
Read the game well a few times but given a hard time by the movement of the German front 2. Certainly worth his place as he rarely lets us down. Lack of protection from midfield was a worry

Dunne 8/10

I thought he led the line well and was as brave as they come. Mad a few crucial interceptions. Could be captain in my view.

Finnan 7/10

Not playing his usual position but shows his class everytime. Even when he made a mistake he was able to cover up for it. Should be playing right back in my view.

Reid 5/10

Had a woeful time on the right hand side was was not at the races at all in the 1st half. Improved a bit when he went centrally and was better at keeping possession than Kilbane in my view. Should play in the centre or nowhere else

O Shea 6/10

Actually one of his better games in midfield but still needs a lot more to work on. Was a lot better than Kilbane at keeping the ball and I think the stats showed he did not give the ball away too much. A few times in the 2nd half he was fed shocking passes and neck height by Kilbane and Carr. I think Carsley should play insted of him in holding role though.

Kilbane 4/10

Not sure what game the guy Hogan in the Indo was watching as Kilbane was shocking. His lack of ability at the basics of the game should rule him out of any midfield position. Could possibly do a left back role for us as he is game and willing but should never been seen in the centre for us ever again. If Staunton learns this lessen there may be hope

Duff. 7/10

Should not have been taken off. Had one of his better games in a long time in my view. Showed for the ball and tracked back when he needed too. Was hacked down a few times by the germans and was often treble marked too. Not outstanding but not helped by his fellow midfield players. Stauton should not have taken him off

Keane 6/10

Another dissappointing night for Keane. Kept possession well when he did have it but did not get into the game too much and was moaning at the ref too much. Needs to channel his passion for playing for Ireland more coherently and with a more productive outcome.

Doyle 7/10

Very encouraging performance from Doyle. Won lots of headers and kept the ball well and showed some great skill and decent pace. Not helped by the fact that we never had any sustained bit of possession.

pineapple stu
04/09/2006, 12:27 PM
Bild am Sontag (German tabloid) gave teh ratings as follows -

Given 2
Carr 4
Finnan 4
Dunne 4
O'Brien 4
O'Shea 3
Kilbane 4
Reid 4
Duff 4
Keane 4
Doyle 4

[6 is the worst and 1 is the best]

The German team had 6 4s, 4 3s and a 2 (M Friedrich), so they didn't rate them much higher than us.

endabob1
04/09/2006, 12:29 PM
I'd agree with a lot of that but

O'Shea was as bad if not worse than Kilbane (Both were brutal).

Reid was at sea on the right he kept have to come inside because to two jokers above were getting swamped, I thought he did very well when he was officially moved into the middle where he should have started.

Keane spent most of his night coming back into midfield for the same reasons as Reid, he doesn't wait for the ball to come to him so he went looking for it himself, his workrate is second to none but he should have scored or at least hit the target in the first minute.

I don't think Carr was that bad, I'd have Finnan ahead of him though.

drinkfeckarse
Given 9

Carr 6, O'Brien 7, Dunne 8, Finnan 6

Reid 5, O'Shea 6, Kilbane 5, Duff 6

Keane 6, Doyle 6.

Doyle possible a 7 as he wasn't bad but the midfield is where we lost the match.

Roadend
Given 2?

drinkfeckarse
04/09/2006, 12:31 PM

Awkward fcukers ;) :D

GUISAUltra
04/09/2006, 1:20 PM
Given-10
Finnan-6
Carr-4
O'Brien-7
Dunne-8
Reid-5
O'Shea-4
Kilbane-5
Duff-6
Keane-6
Doyle-6

eirebhoy
04/09/2006, 1:29 PM
I've seen a few ratings so far on other sites and some people could have just put their rating predictions in before the game such is the bias. :) Sky Sports gave O'Brien and Doyle a 5/10.

NeilMcD
04/09/2006, 1:32 PM
Well it was the same at the game. There was a guy behind me at the game who kept on giving O Shea a hard time from start to finish. Now O shea is no world beater and he was poor at times on Sat night but I thought he kept possession a lot better than Kilbane. Anyway one time Carr gave O Shea a ball at neck height and O Shea was dispossess and the guy behind me has a pop at O Shea for losing the ball. So Eirebhoy I totally agree with you on the prejudice some people bring to the table.

DannyInvincible
04/09/2006, 1:35 PM
Dunne 8/10

I thought he led the line well and was as brave as they come. Mad a few crucial interceptions. Could be captain in my view.

His constant hoofing up the field worried me. All that I ever saw coming from it was another German attack.

cavan_fan
04/09/2006, 1:40 PM

Given 2
Carr 4
Finnan 4
Dunne 4
O'Brien 4
O'Shea 3
Kilbane 4
Reid 4
Duff 4
Keane 4
Doyle 4

The German team had 6 4s, 4 3s and a 2 (M Friedrich), so they didn't rate them much higher than us.

I'm still trying to work out why they measure them backwards, are their brains wired differently.

Anyway this tells me 2 things, Given played really well as always and they werent really watching the Irish team so they gave everyone 4 looked at it and then went cr*p we need to give someone a 3 and the O'Shea guy plays for Man Utd so we'll give it to him. Suspect Bild couldnt tell Stephen Reid from Kevin Kilbane.

endabob1
04/09/2006, 1:45 PM
As Bild is the German equivalent to the Sun, I'd give their marks as much credence as I would anything from our beloved redtop rag:D

pineapple stu
04/09/2006, 2:02 PM
I'm still trying to work out why they measure them backwards, are their brains wired differently.
Same way they do school reports.

cavan_fan
04/09/2006, 2:10 PM
Same way they do school reports.

Actually not that odd then, Given gets a B (bit harsh), O'Shea a C and everyone else a D. sounds a bit like my Inter results!

nedder
04/09/2006, 4:03 PM
Given-10
Finnan-6
Carr-7
O'Brien-7
Dunne-8
Reid-5
O'Shea-6
Kilbane-5
Duff-6
Keane-6
Doyle-7

Superhoops
04/09/2006, 6:05 PM
I saw the Indo earlier today and I don't know if it was still through the haze of Stuttgart's finest beer, but did I read David Kelly's ratings correctly and saw that he gave Richard Dunne a 5, the same as he gave John O'Shea?. Someone tell me I read this wrong! :eek:

RiffRaff
04/09/2006, 6:21 PM
Given 9
Carr 6
Finnan 7
Dunne 8
O'Brien 6
Reid 6
Kilbane 6
O'Shea 5
Duff 7
Keane 5
Doyle 5

I didnt think Kilbane was as bad or Doyle as good as most people thought. Overall I was as disappointed as everyone else with the performance, but i think the main problem is lack of confidence. We dont have a great squad, but i dont think its any worse than the Greece squad the won the last euro's. Just a shame that so many people seem to constantly critiscise some players and almost will them to fail. I am sure they are well aware of it and i'm sure it has an effect on the way they play, and i think we will have an increase in players retiring early if it continues

Soko
04/09/2006, 6:23 PM
Lads Duff could barely walk, he had to be taken off

eirebhoy
04/09/2006, 6:35 PM
I saw the Indo earlier today and I don't know if it was still through the haze of Stuttgart's finest beer, but did I read David Kelly's ratings correctly and saw that he gave Richard Dunne a 5, the same as he gave John O'Shea?. Someone tell me I read this wrong! :eek:
The Sunday Indo ratings were:
Given - 9
Finnan - 6
Carr - 7
O'Brien - 7
Dunne - 7
O'Shea - 5
Kilbane - 5
Reid - 6

Don't know the rest as there's a seperate article for every players rating on Unison and some are not on the site today.

DmanDmythDledge
04/09/2006, 9:58 PM
Given 9
Carr 7
Dunne 8
o'Brien 7
Finnan 7
Reid 3
O'Shea 6
Kilbane 3
Duff 6
Keane 5
Doyle 7

NeilMcD
05/09/2006, 9:27 AM
David Kelly lost the plot his ratings and comments were a joke in my view. Simply laughable.

nedder
05/09/2006, 10:33 AM
David Kelly lost the plot his ratings and comments were a joke in my view. Simply laughable.

Can you post a link to this Neil?

NeilMcD
05/09/2006, 10:42 AM
Not on the site, the ratings they have on the site are different to what kelly said in the paper.

geysir
05/09/2006, 7:55 PM
Well it was the same at the game. There was a guy behind me at the game who kept on giving O Shea a hard time from start to finish. Now O shea is no world beater and he was poor at times on Sat night but I thought he kept possession a lot better than Kilbane. Anyway one time Carr gave O Shea a ball at neck height and O Shea was dispossess and the guy behind me has a pop at O Shea for losing the ball. So Eirebhoy I totally agree with you on the prejudice some people bring to the table.
I haven't had the opportunity to watch a recording of the game, my sky plus rec froze after 3 mins.
If that situation you describe with Carr and O'Shea is in the last few minutes near Stan's waterbottle. I guess you realise that Carr didn't have any options either.
I was shouting at O'Shea over his positioning, to get back and help Carr out.