PDA

View Full Version : Aiden McGeady M Ayr Utd b.1986

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92

geysir
08/11/2007, 11:11 AM
He has put a string of very good performances in the CL this year.
But I thought the Benfica defence were not very good at handling him. One thing which is impressive is his ability to effortlessly trap a punt out of defence and retain control with the ball on his foot leaving only one option to his marker, to foul him.
At crucial times all the pressure was relieved.

He did okay when he came on against Cyprus.
You'd think we had a team of CL winners given some attitudes to McGeady.
He will surely get on the bench and get some sub appearances at least.

youngirish
08/11/2007, 11:15 AM
So you dont think for instance Cristiano Ronaldo is a better player than he was 3 years ago?
Possibly but he was far better (and younger) than McGeady is now 3 years ago and what held him back was mainly to do with him refusing to release the ball to his teammates which is not a major obstacle to overcome. Anyway he was very young three years ago (barely 19 I think). McGeady will be 22 in a few months.

For every Ronaldo who has improved there is a Simon Davies, Damien Duff, Stewart Downing or a Jermaine Pennant who haven't.

I'd say most wingers are in their peak years at around 22-26. They aren't going to improve dramatically after about 22 and by the time they are 27 most are slowing down due to injuries.

Maroon 7
08/11/2007, 11:34 AM
McGeady is having a fantastic season up at celtic. Anyone who can't see that either

A) Doesn't see him play anyway.

or

B) Doesn't want to see any improvements in his game.

He's been on a serious conditioning program that has increased his upper body strength and his leg drive. He's not shoved off the ball as easily as when he was a skinny kid coming through and the leg drive is helping him to get away from defenders he's beaten where he couldn't do before.

Again you only have to look at Ronaldo when he first came to Man U. Constant step-overs, fannying around on the ball and giving away possession. It took Ferguson a good 2 years to knock the rough edges out of his game but the talent was clearly there.

McGeady still needs a bit of work in timing when to release his final ball but he's been a revelation this year for Celtic. No doubt he's had a few poor or indifferent displays for Ireland but we don't have so many players to choose from that we can write off a 21 year old as talented as he is. Sure Giles and Dunphy have all but written him off but those lads don't care and know shag all outside the confines of the Premier League and Ireland games.

RogerMilla
08/11/2007, 12:08 PM
He's sh*te though Eirebhoy. He has one good game out of every 5 against decent opposition. I know you love him but he is crap. Always thought he was overrated and haven't seen anything to change my mind..

just cause you keep saying it doesnt make it true, your above statement is wrong , he wouldnt be a regular at celtic if he was "crap" or "sh*te"

"overrated" i will listen to any argument you make but as for the rest you are just shooting your mouth off.

tetsujin1979
08/11/2007, 12:40 PM
Duff looked excellent offensively for Ireland by the time he was McGeady's age.
Duff had played 13 times for Ireland when he was 21, McGeady has 15 caps.
Duff was playing in the Championship when he was McGeady's age, McGeady is winning MOTM awards in the Champion's League.
Duff had no medals, McGeady has numerous SPL League and Cup medals (cue argument about how they're not worth sh!t)

More Eddie McGoldrick than Duff.
oh, please.

youngirish
08/11/2007, 1:06 PM
just cause you keep saying it doesnt make it true, your above statement is wrong , he wouldnt be a regular at celtic if he was "crap" or "sh*te"

Yes that's right all Celtic players are brilliant. Are you serious? Have you watched Kenny Miller in a decent league? I'd agree because of his regular Celtic appearances that he could be brilliant for Ireland but I can't get one minor point out of my head:

We don't play International games against Failkirk or Inverness Caledonian Thistle.

Unfortunate that, because he'd be class against them. It's just Cyprus and Slovakia he can't raise his game to match.

Duff had played 13 times for Ireland when he was 21, McGeady has 15 caps.
Duff was playing in the Championship when he was McGeady's age, McGeady is winning MOTM awards in the Champion's League.
Duff had no medals, McGeady has numerous SPL League and Cup medals (cue argument about how they're not worth sh!t)

oh, please.

Again we'll see who's right in time (it's always me isn't it). Duff in the Championship was playing in a more competitive league than McGeady in the SPL. Do you still think Paddy McCarthy and Darren Potter are brilliant? Another two players I rightly claimed were poor and overhyped but got shot down for.

McGeady is w**k. He'll never be a top player and for every one MOTM performance he has in the Champions league he has 10 ***** performances. But don't let the facts cloud your opinion. After all, all our young players are World Class aren't they?

By the way everyone don't forget the foot.ie forum golden rule. One good performance every few months makes a World Class player.

NeilMcD
08/11/2007, 1:18 PM
We have no world class players other than Shay Given. THe problem with debates like this is, that what is the definition of a good player or a top class player. How do we judge it. If in a few years Mc Geady is playing well for Ireland, it can always be argued that Younirish is right as one could say he is not top class as in top ten in the world etc and this works both ways. I think McGeady has a long way to go and the jury is still out on him but I would not right him off quite yet.

eirebhoy
08/11/2007, 1:21 PM
Yes that's right all Celtic players are brilliant. Are you serious? Have you watched Kenny Miller in a decent league?
Have you watched him in the SPL? :)

youngirish
08/11/2007, 1:23 PM
We have no world class players other than Shay Given. THe problem with debates like this is, that what is the definition of a good player or a top class player. How do we judge it. If in a few years Mc Geady is playing well for Ireland, it can always be argued that Younirish is right as one could say he is not top class as in top ten in the world etc and this works both ways. I think McGeady has a long way to go and the jury is still out on him but I would not right him off quite yet.

Good point NeilMcD. I'll clarify what I mean then and state that I believe McGeady will never be more than at best a very average player for Ireland and one that we really need someone better to come in and replace if we are going to qualify for tournaments.

Maroon 7
08/11/2007, 1:45 PM
McGeady is w**k.

How can you argue with brilliant and insightful analysis like this?

Stephen Hunt is 26 and only now is he beginning to break into the Ireland team yet some people want to throw a 21 year old on the rubbish tip.

And not only is McGeady performing against the likes of Caley Thistle or Kilmarnock but he's also performing against the likes of AC Milan and Benfica who would probably roll over most teams in the Premier League.

Give the lad a chance and maybe when we have a manager in that can organise a football team we might see the best out of him. I mean who actually looked good in an Ireland jersey under Stan? Andy Reid and Stephen Hunt in parts and that's about it. The rest looked like pub players apart from Shay Given being his usual excellent self.

RogerMilla
08/11/2007, 1:49 PM
Yes that's right all Celtic players are brilliant. Are you serious? Have you watched Kenny Miller in a decent league?
McGeady is w**k. He'll never be a top player and for every one MOTM performance he has in the Champions league he has 10 ***** performances:

But don't let the facts cloud your opinion. After all, all our young players are World Class aren't they?.

facts ?? what do you know about facts?? mcgeady is crap , sh*te and W**k , these are your facts . i would put you on my ignore list but your posts are so idiotic and antagonistic that they are entertaining me.

kenny miller was poor at celtic , couldnt cut the mustard and was sold. your mention of him in the above post proves nothing.

RogerMilla
08/11/2007, 1:51 PM
Good point NeilMcD. I'll clarify what I mean then and state that I believe McGeady will never be more than at best a very average player for Ireland and one that we really need someone better to come in and replace if we are going to qualify for tournaments.

why couldnt you say that in the first place ? I disagree with you but at least you expressed your point there instead of the previous idiotic posts.

NeilMcD
08/11/2007, 1:55 PM
Youngirish, the Eamon Dunphy of Foot.ie.

youngirish
08/11/2007, 2:04 PM
why couldnt you say that in the first place ? I disagree with you but at least you expressed your point there instead of the previous idiotic posts.

If a player is not going to be good enough to be able to perform satisfactorily on a regular basis inInternational football then in the context of these boards which are about the Irish national team he is w**k as is the case with JOS and Kevin Kilbane at present (and to a certain extent McGeady).

Why over complicate things? Does everything have to be explained in exact, minute, detail?

tetsujin1979
08/11/2007, 2:12 PM
Why over complicate things? Does everything have to be explained in exact, minute, detail?

Because if a poster makes broad, sweeping, generalised statements, they'll look quite the fool when proven wrong.

Plastic Paddy
08/11/2007, 2:15 PM
How can you argue with brilliant and insightful analysis like this?

Stephen Hunt is 26 and only now is he beginning to break into the Ireland team yet some people want to throw a 21 year old on the rubbish tip.

Not only is he 2G but he plays for Celtic. That gives some posters here enough reason to write him off. Deny it if you can but you know who you are.

Youngirish, the Eamon Dunphy of Foot.ie.

He wishes.

:ball: PP

Wolfie
08/11/2007, 3:28 PM
McGeady would need to be far more consistent overall in order to be a seriously convincing prospect at international level.

I think he certainly has raw ability but he needs to become a better reader of the game and more street wise.

I wouldn't write him off yet - he's still got some time on his side to reach some of the potential.

Ray Houghton only made his debut for us aged 25 (?). He was with Oxford at the time. He became a top level performer in England after his Ireland debut.

Andy Townsend was 26 and with Norwich when he made his debut.

Billsthoughts
08/11/2007, 4:17 PM
Not obvious to me. You seemed quite absolute in your choice of words. Perhaps another moment's reflection before hitting the 'send' button would have added some clarity.
Maybe your just not very bright then eh? This seems to be backed up by the fact that you still felt the need pull me up on it even after I clarified it?

Higher level? Have you heard of the Champions League?

I love this argument. Like playing a max 8 games a season against varying levels of opposition immediately makes him a classier player.
Im not having a pop at the Scottish Premier League. Im just saying in the particular case of Mageady he possesses enough tricks to shine against poorer defences but that he is in a comfort zone that is actually hampering the development of his obvious potential.

He sure won't get the regular exposure to that competition playing for some mid-table EPL side,

Anthony Stokes anyone????

I can assure you. No, Aiden is much better off where he is, developing his game, his fitness and his strength. The fact that he signed a 4.5 year deal a few months ago would suggest he agrees with that assessment. I can only say that I'm glad (for both him and for Celtic) that you're not his agent.

I really don’t care about Celtic so am not too interested about your concern for them. Save it for a celtic forum.
I agree with Stuttgart about the Duff comparison. But his performance in the match against slovakia would suggest he just isnt ready for international football at the mo. Check any other posts I made on him and have always been a fan. But at the mo I wouldn’t pick him for Ireland. I could probably get my game for celtic if I applied myself…

carloz
08/11/2007, 4:18 PM
Nobody for a second can say the guy hasnt got potential. he has it in bucketloads and I really hope he fufils it for |ireland, i dont really care how he does for Celtic. However performances like his against Slovakia and the czechs away cannot be tolerated from ANY player in the irish camp, be them of great potential or not. I believe he will make it but he needs to start becoming consistent now.

eirebhoy
08/11/2007, 4:57 PM
I could probably get my game for celtic if I applied myself…
You were going so well. Although you might have a chance of making the defence.

Scram
08/11/2007, 5:20 PM
Funny when you hear Eircom league supporters slagging of Celtic and the quality of the SPL :D whilst simultaneously calling for inclusion of Eircom league players in the senior team based on nothing.

Not really sure why a lot of Eircom league fans have such a big chip on their shoulders about Celtic and Irish support of Celtic, which is simply a long tradition and a very lucrative one from both an Irish and Celtic perspective. A lot of the same fans reserve this indignant opposition for Celtic only but are quite happy to support English teams....very, very confusing :confused:

SkStu
08/11/2007, 5:57 PM
a long tradition and a very lucrative one from both an Irish and Celtic perspective.

can you explain that for me please scram? I can see how it has been lucrative for Celtic its the other part i dont get. I dont support Celtic, i dont hate them but i just dont really care much for them. I dont see how they represent an Irish person better than a local eL team does.

By the way, amongst el fans i would estimate that the divide between those who support Celtic and those who dont/hate them is about 60/40.

Also, i think Aiden will turn out to be a very good player. I want to see what he can do for Ireland on the left. Duff can and has played the right wing very well in the past.

jmurphyc
08/11/2007, 6:03 PM
He was fantastic against Denmark in August (albeit it it was a friendly and the Danes were shocking that day). I think the main reason why people have been having a go at him is because of the two games in September. He was probably just having a bad week and shouldn't have been selected in the second game. He was decent again against Cyprus. At the moment he seems to be best for us as an impact sub (kind of like Hunt). I think he'll come good eventually.

micls
08/11/2007, 7:15 PM
a very lucrative one from both an Irish perspective.

:confused: Can you explain how to me?

Bottle of Tonic
08/11/2007, 8:55 PM
I've been following McGeady since he broke into the celtic team and I think he's progressed year on year. He's also not as inconsistent as some suggest. True, he doesn't play a stormer in every game but is regularly (yes regularly) one of Celtic's top performers in any given game. For a guy who's job is to make things happen I think he's fairly impressive at doing just that. People go on about his final ball, but he will make at least one goalscoring opportunity in every game. Of course I have no stats for this but I watch almost every game he plays. I know his final ball and decision making aren't always spot on, but he is working on it and improving accordingly.

Youngirish,
I love some of your posts but these ones on McGeady are way over the top. It almost reads as if you're dying for him to fail - that's the way it comes across. You have absolutely no respect for Scottish football(like many of our countrymen) and I don't know how you can change that, apart from maybe learning more about it.
This year McGeady has played well in CL games against Benfica, Spartak and Milan. Not 1 in 5, or 1 in 10, like you suggest, and desperately want to believe. He also usually plays well against Rangers. He doesn't just do some party trick flick against Gretna or ICT and thats it.
He's also not a 'winger', in the traditional sense

I have faith in the wee man. He comes across as a top bloke and we should support him and not let our negative perceptions of the the SPL hinder that.

Sligo Hornet
09/11/2007, 6:29 AM
I've been following McGeady since he broke into the celtic team and I think he's progressed year on year. He's also not as inconsistent as some suggest. True, he doesn't play a stormer in every game but is regularly (yes regularly) one of Celtic's top performers in any given game. For a guy who's job is to make things happen I think he's fairly impressive at doing just that. People go on about his final ball, but he will make at least one goalscoring opportunity in every game. Of course I have no stats for this but I watch almost every game he plays. I know his final ball and decision making aren't always spot on, but he is working on it and improving accordingly.

Youngirish,
I love some of your posts but these ones on McGeady are way over the top. It almost reads as if you're dying for him to fail - that's the way it comes across. You have absolutely no respect for Scottish football(like many of our countrymen) and I don't know how you can change that, apart from maybe learning more about it.
This year McGeady has played well in CL games against Benfica, Spartak and Milan. Not 1 in 5, or 1 in 10, like you suggest, and desperately want to believe. He also usually plays well against Rangers. He doesn't just do some party trick flick against Gretna or ICT and thats it.
He's also not a 'winger', in the traditional sense

I have faith in the wee man. He comes across as a top bloke and we should support him and not let our negative perceptions of the the SPL hinder that.

Well said Bottle:)......a reasoned argument from someone that ACTUALLY watches him play, rather than assumptions and opinions raised by "some people" that have openly admitted to not attending many games of any description!!:eek:

antrimgreen
09/11/2007, 7:22 AM
I have really only seen McGeady play for Ireland and to date he has been very very poor. I did enjoy reading that post Bottle and i have heard from many other Celtic fans that his current form is imporving and he is now playing well consistantly. I for one don't want him to fail, i just hope that he continues to improve (or maintain the standard he is currently playing at), and brings this form to his International game.

RogerMilla
09/11/2007, 7:40 AM
very interesting read about mcgeadys development here (http://www.theherald.co.uk/sport/headlines/display.var.1817276.0.the_man_who_added_pace_to_mc geadys_bag_of_tricks.php)

Billsthoughts
09/11/2007, 8:31 AM
You were going so well. Although you might have a chance of making the defence.

defence? you dont keep your ferrari in the garage eirebhoy....

Billsthoughts
09/11/2007, 8:40 AM
Well said Bottle:)......a reasoned argument from someone that ACTUALLY watches him play, rather than assumptions and opinions raised by "some people" that have openly admitted to not attending many games of any description!!:eek:

can I go to you and Neils wedding????:D

Sligo Hornet
09/11/2007, 8:53 AM

?????????:confused:

youngirish
09/11/2007, 9:12 AM

I take it that's meant for me. I never admitted such a fact I stated I don't go to all the Ireland games so I don't know how you came to that conclusion. I go to enough games and watch plenty on TV. Unless you go to Celtic games every week I don't see how you are any more qualified than anyone else to remark on McGeady.

And before you all delight in your smugness for putting me right remember we all had these same conversations a few months ago about Paddy McCarthy and Darren Potter (and to a lesser extent Alex Bruce) when many on here also jumped all over me for claiming the above were poor players.

As for wanting to see him fail. Totally untrue. I have no love or hate for Celitc. I support nobody except Ireland so there's no hidden agenda here. I call it as I see it. Some young players I think can be good (J O'Brien, Owen Garvan, Shane Long, Stephen Ireland, possibly Stokes) and others I don't rate. Unlike some people on here that claim whenever any young player has one good game that he's the best thing since Pele. Obviously this is reactionist nonsense from people with no clue no matter how many games they go to see (I'd suggest they save their money instead and go watch curling or something).

Sligo Hornet to sum it up in a few words you talk sh*te and I wouldn't listen to your advice or many others on here if my life depended on it. Have a look at my postings in the past on young players and see how many have turned out to be correct. I think I'll be vindicated on this one also. Give it 2 years or so.

NeilMcD
09/11/2007, 9:27 AM
I take it that's meant for me/ I never admitted such a fact I stated I don't go to all the Ireland games so I don't know how you came to that conclusion. I go to enough games and watch plenty on TV. Unless you go to Celtic games every week I don't see how you are any more qualified than anyone else to remark on McGeady.

And before you all delight in your smugness for putting me right remember we all had these same conversations a few months ago about Paddy McCarthy and Darren Potter (and to a lesser extent Alex Bruce) when many on here also jumped all over me for claiming the above were poor players.

As for wanting to see him fail. Totally untrue. I have no love or hate for Celitc. I support nobody except Ireland so there's no hidden agenda here. I call ti as I see it. Some young players I think can be good (J O'Brien, Owen Garvan, Shane Long, possibly Stokes) and others I don't rate. Unlike some people on here that claim whenever any young player has one good game that he's the est thing since Pele obviously reactionist nonsense from people with no clue no matter how many games they go to see (I'd suggest they save their money instead and go watch curling or something).

Sligo Hornet to sum it up in a few words you talk sh*te and I wouldn't listen to your advice or many others on here considering the dribble that they've posted in the past about young players that has subsequently been shown to be idiotic if my life depended on it.

I think you will find that nobody jumped all overfor you saying that a few players were poor players. Again its the manner in which you say it. It is total inverse hypbole. You are over the top in your statements. Instead of saying a player is not great you will say he is pants or some other idiotic term like that. It comes across as if you hate the poor players and the vitriol in your comments is apparent, as stated by a poster a few posts above I think it was Bottle of Tonic. That is why I referred to you as the Eamon Dunphy of Foot.ie. Often it is not what you say but how you say it on here. Again, you come back and say to Sligo Hornet, (my bride to be) some personal abuse and have a go at his knowledge of football. I think mostpeople on here can handle disagreements on whether a players is good or bad and to be honest that is the joy of football in many ways, but you come across as ifyour view is somehow objective, and the rest of us are all living in la la land and we are watching a different game to you the righteous one. Maybe I have got this wrong but that is the way it comes across to me. I am not sure if you know Sligo or not but your comments on his knowledge of football are spot on so you must know him some how. :)

NeilMcD
09/11/2007, 9:29 AM

Yeah no problem should be a good old bash. I cant wait to see the Watford Gap.

youngirish
09/11/2007, 9:35 AM
I think you will find that nobody jumped all overfor you saying that a few players were poor players. Again its the manner in which you say it. It is total inverse hypbole. You are over the top in your statements. Instead of saying a player is not great you will say he is pants or some other idiotic term like that. It comes across as if you hate the poor players and the vitriol in your comments is apparent, as stated by a poster a few posts above I think it was Bottle of Tonic. That is why I referred to you as the Eamon Dunphy of Foot.ie. Often it is not what you say but how you say it on here. Again, you come back and say to Sligo Hornet, (my bride to be) some personal abuse and have a go at his knowledge of football. I think mostpeople on here can handle disagreements on whether a players is good or bad and to be honest that is the joy of football in many ways, but you come across as ifyour view is somehow objective, and the rest of us are all living in la la land and we are watching a different game to you the righteous one. Maybe I have got this wrong but that is the way it comes across to me. I am not sure if you know Sligo or not but your comments on his knowledge of football are spot on so you must know him some how. :)
Sligo Hornet started the holier than thou personal abuse. He goes to watch games, did you know that? We should worship him as a God.

As for a player being poor or being good, if I don't believe he's going to be good enough to be regularly a consistently good performer at International level then I would consider that player to be poor as I've stated earlier. This is an Ireland forum after all.

In this sense I dread to see the day when our national team line up with Paddy McCarthy, Darren Potter, Alex Bruce and to a lesser extent Aiden McGeady in the starting 11 for a competitive International.

McGeady has been absolutely shocking for Ireland in competitive games. He's made JOS look good ffs and that alone should worry people. I never remember any of the decent senior Irish players been as consistently poor when they were younger. I can see McGeady having the odd good game for Ireland in the future but I can never imagine him becoming a player we can regularly depend on to put in decent performances in important games for us.

Billsthoughts
09/11/2007, 9:37 AM
sure there is one in dundrum shopping centre neil....youve seen one youve seen them all...

NeilMcD
09/11/2007, 9:38 AM
Sligo Hornet started the holier than thou personal abuse. He goes to watch games, did you know that? We should worship him as a God.

As for a player being poor or being good to me if I don't believe he's going to be good enough to be regularly a consistently good performer at International level then I would consider that player to be poor as I've stated earlier. This is Ireland we're concerned with after all. In this sense I dread to see the day when Ireland line up with Paddy McCarthy, Darren Potter, Alex Bruce and to a lesser extent Aiden McGeady in the starting 11.

I dont think anybody would disagree with you regarding Mc Carthy and Bruce and so far Potter and possibly Mc Geady but again its the tone. Your last post just now is fair and balanced and it gets the point across that you dont rate those four players. I dont think much of them either to be honest but I am sure if you put across all ofyour posts like the one above there would be no problem.

NeilMcD
09/11/2007, 9:39 AM
sure there is one in dundrum shopping centre neil....youve seen one youve seen them all...

Never been at the Dundrum Shopping Centre.

paul_oshea
09/11/2007, 9:44 AM
I think you will find that nobody jumped all overfor you saying that a few players were poor players. Again its the manner in which you say it. It is total inverse hypbole. You are over the top in your statements. Instead of saying a player is not great you will say he is pants or some other idiotic term like that. It comes across as if you hate the poor players and the vitriol in your comments is apparent, as stated by a poster a few posts above I think it was Bottle of Tonic. That is why I referred to you as the Eamon Dunphy of Foot.ie. Often it is not what you say but how you say it on here. Again, you come back and say to Sligo Hornet, (my bride to be) some personal abuse and have a go at his knowledge of football. I think mostpeople on here can handle disagreements on whether a players is good or bad and to be honest that is the joy of football in many ways, but you come across as ifyour view is somehow objective, and the rest of us are all living in la la land and we are watching a different game to you the righteous one. Maybe I have got this wrong but that is the way it comes across to me. I am not sure if you know Sligo or not but your comments on his knowledge of football are spot on so you must know him some how.

He must be a bit thick if he doesn't know sligo now in fairness ;)

That was a great post Neil, Can I be bestman for this wedding? I particularly liked the "oh righteous one" comment.:D

Never been at the Dundrum Shopping Centre.

Neil, you have a weird way of coming across "uber-serious" sometimes, as though you are taking the literal sense of what someone is saying rather than realising what they actually mean :D

Sligo Hornet
09/11/2007, 9:58 AM
Well just goes to prove you shouldn't log off.....I've missed some real entertainment!:D

I was going to defend myself against Youngirish, but it seems my obedient "fag" has carried this out in fine style already!;)

I feel sorry for you Youngirish, as you come across as a a poor little bullied child at times....I hope things improve for you.......perhaps in the meanwhile you should ask for your handle to be amended to the more appropriate "Immatureirish"..

RogerMilla
09/11/2007, 10:03 AM
Yeah no problem should be a good old bash. I cant wait to see the Watford Gap.

save it for the wedding night

youngirish
09/11/2007, 10:12 AM
Well just goes to prove you shouldn't log off.....I've missed some real entertainment!:D

I was going to defend myself against Youngirish, but it seems my obedient "fag" has carried this out in fine style already!;)

I feel sorry for you Youngirish, as you come across as a a poor little bullied child at times....I hope things improve for you.......perhaps in the meanwhile you should ask for your handle to be amended to the more appropriate "Immatureirish"..
A poor bullied child who doesn't go to football games? Aiden McGeady a good footballer? Your powers of deduction astound even me. Keep it up.

Seriously give up with these assumptions man. They're not working out for you.

Neil how do you put up with this? He must be magic in the sack.

Billsthoughts
09/11/2007, 11:46 AM
Neil how do you put up with this? He must be magic in the sack.

he makes him laugh.......:D

eirebhoy
10/11/2007, 12:17 PM
On the "end product". He's top of the assist stats in the SPL so far:

http://www.scotprem.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Assists/0,,10002~20073,00.html

eirebhoy
10/11/2007, 5:40 PM
Clips of McGeady vs Hearts last week.

w0sdGGERovs

Torn-Ado
10/11/2007, 6:43 PM

Quality.

eirebhoy
10/11/2007, 7:10 PM
Yeah great control. Necessary showboating. :)

Paddy Garcia
11/11/2007, 8:29 AM
Sligo Hornet to sum it up in a few words you talk sh*te and I wouldn't listen to your advice or many others on here if my life depended on it. Have a look at my postings in the past on young players and see how many have turned out to be correct. I think I'll be vindicated on this one also. Give it 2 years or so.

:D Excellent, I agree you have a gift for stating the obvious, then claiming clairvoyant capabilities. But even then you manage to get it wrong.

Given that you think McGeady is "crap", I'm left feeling that your judgement has significant room for refinement. You're not a surgeon or a pilot are you ?

youngirish
12/11/2007, 9:37 AM
:D Excellent, I agree you have a gift for stating the obvious, then claiming clairvoyant capabilities. But even then you manage to get it wrong.

Given that you think McGeady is "crap", I'm left feeling that your judgement has significant room for refinement. You're not a surgeon or a pilot are you ?

Stating the obvious? Maybe you should actually add your backing to those obvious suggestions that I make at the time when many are slating them instead of coming out after the matter has been settled and doing your usual smartarse I knew that all the time. Thinking about it I've never seen you have an opinion on anything that turned out to be true after the fact. I see you still haven't stated an opinion on McGeady but in 2 years if he's playing for Hamilton in the Scottish 1st division you'll be on here stating you always knew he was rubbish because it was obvious.

I'm constantly going against the grain here so it must be that everyone else lives in fantasyland if I'm the one stating the obvious.

Here's a little tip free of charge, next time you make a statement try to ensure it at the very least has a modicum of truth in it. When you wildly make things up on a forum people can look through previous postings and see you are just being a plonker. The joys of technology. What statements have I made that at the time I made them they were obvious (bar the above)?

You are the Nostradamus of foot.ie.

Billsthoughts
12/11/2007, 1:31 PM
who did nostradamus play for again?:confused: