PDA

View Full Version : Aiden McGeady M Ayr Utd b.1986

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92

boovidge
01/03/2008, 4:28 PM
Bill you're the one that's deluded if you don't think mcgeady's form this season warrants a starting place in the side.

bohsRap
01/03/2008, 4:52 PM
I'm going to agree with Bill on this, to some extent. You can't judge McGeady's ability in an average league against poor opposition. Champions League is different, but a lot of players up their game in these matches, especially Celtic players at home. I think Aiden will be a good player for Ireland but until he leaves the SPL you really can't rate him as international class, it's as simple as that.

tetsujin1979
01/03/2008, 4:57 PM
2 assist and one goal in 7 games. Are you telling me thats the kind of form that should have him as a definite starter for Ireland? your deluded. altho par for the course in your posts.
Are you telling me that you wouldn't have any of the other players I listed in the Ireland team? McGeady's form in the Champions' League is better than each of theirs.
And attack the post, not the poster.

eirebhoy
01/03/2008, 5:12 PM
He was anonymous for Celtic today.
Far from anonymous but absolutely rubbish in the first half. Much better 2nd.

Junior
01/03/2008, 5:39 PM
He was poor today. Hibs played really well for 60 minutes, they pressed hard, had two men on McGeady, the RB (name like gattuso but spelt differently) played very well against him. Pitch wasnt great either for dribbling.

In fact he did some pretty good defensive work as it was necessary - he is capable of it despite what you might read!!

Came into it more in the 2nd half, actually managed to have a few runs at their defence and created the all important 2nd goal with a fabulous cross (almost identical to the one he set up for Samaras on Weds). Another Assist.

This thread goes round and round in circles. People saing he plays in the SPL so cannot be even considered International class. I dont think we have anyone, barring Given and on occasion Duff/Keane who can be considered International class, so what does that make the EPL? Would Gazza, Laudrup, Larrson be considered International class? As Stutt says judge the player.

Can someone just post McGeadys Ireland Stats? Starts, Sub Appearances, Minutes played etc... Unless my mind is deceiving me he really hasnt had that many opportunities to get to grips with international football as yet and as Ive said many a time before, Duff took an absolute age to do anything for us other than run around like a headless chicken. Yes he played poorly in September but jesus didnt the whole fcuking team? When he has 20 senior starts under his belt, Id like to think we will be seeing what hes capable of on a more consistent basis for Ireland.

tetsujin1979
01/03/2008, 5:49 PM
Can someone just post McGeadys Ireland Stats? Starts, Sub Appearances, Minutes played etc...
International Stats: http://www.soccerscene.ie/sssenior/player.php?id=35
Club stats: http://www.chatsoccer.net/irishabroad/playerDetails.xquery?playerID=38265&seasonID=137

Bottle of Tonic
01/03/2008, 5:50 PM
Jeepers creepers, such a thread.

Don't know where to start.

BigManCas, I don't know how you can be such a big McGeady fan when you say you don't support Celtic. From that I take it you watch the odd away game on Setanta, CL games, his few Ireland games etc? Your posting style of hailing him as the best thing since sliced bread seems to antagonise the posters who have only seen him for Ireland when he was sh1t. Then they in turn are exaggerating as much as you but in the other direction.

The exaggeration on this thread is ridiculous. That 'wayne rooney benchmark' post I was going to pull up but was already highlighted well by another poster. It reminds me of one by paul o shea before the barca game 'ok if he gets MOTM tonight i'll admit I was hard on him'. HaHAAAA.
Youngirish - 'one or two good CL games in about 20' . Good lad. Utter rubbish. I'm no statto but I know its a damn sight more than that.

Dodge - 'anon today apart from cross for goal'. Far from anon mate. Like the team he struggled in 1st half with wind, bumpy pitch, physical hibs. Still showed for and saw plenty of the ball even if his control let him down a bit. He had an all round good second half. Far from anonymous.
And someone mentioned 'oh but the cross for the goal came at one nil'. Hibs were hardly down and out, it was a hard fought game and is that not what good players do - turn the screw and extend your lead while on top for a period???

Seems the posters who don't watch him regularly want to have a cut at those who do by harping on about how he's not world class yet(no says he is or even will be) and he's playing in a gash league. A lot of these are LOI fans too going by avatars. If the SPL is so gash what about the one you follow? Do you even like the football you go to watch or is it just an exclusivity thing?

Stuttgart has a balanced view on things as I believe he actually watches a lot of the games the player in question plays in. For interested neutrals I'd take his view before those who can't forget Brat/Prague.

NeilMcD
01/03/2008, 5:59 PM
Great post bottle of tonic ruined by your dig at Eircom League fans.r

Junior
01/03/2008, 6:08 PM
So he has had 5 competitive starts and 5 competitive sub appearances. God knows how many minutes playing time for Ireland that is, but it isnt that much. In a period when as a team we have been ****e, its a lot of pressure to expect a newcomer to come in a set the standard, which judging by the negative comments on here, he would need to do.

Geysir, I appreciate plenty on this thread do appreciate what he will bring to the team in the future!!!

Billsthoughts
01/03/2008, 6:43 PM
Jeepers creepers, such a thread.....

So he has had 5 competitive starts and 5 competitive sub appearances......

Lads its an Ireland forum. So you get views based on his appearances for Ireland. They havent been much cop up til now. Seems like none of the Celtic fans can accept that at all.

I would not class myself as an Eircom League supporter. I am an Ireland supporter if that helps you pigeonhole me . And in answer to your questions...no I dont like the football I go to see unfortunately:( and its not an exclusivity thing(tho when I hear some of the comments at matches :rolleyes:I sometimes wish it was;))

tetsujin1979
02/03/2008, 1:41 AM
Lads its an Ireland forum.Hence the comments on Irish players at club level. It would be a whole lot quieter if we only spoke about performances in international games. Would you prefer that we had a Celtic forum to talk about McGeady's club appearances? And a Man City one to talk about Dunne and Ireland's club performances, and a Reading one to talk about Long, Hunt, and Doyle's club performances?
So you get views based on his appearances for Ireland. They havent been much cop up til now.If they haven't been "much cop up until now" that must mean his recent perfomances have been "much cop", correct? So why do you want to see player in form dropped?
Seems like none of the Celtic fans can accept that at all.Seems like you don't want to hear the opinion of Celtic fans, or people who have been watching McGeady play for Celtic. Should the opinions of Man City fans, or people who have watched Man City games, be disregarded in the Stephen Ireland thread?

OwlsFan
02/03/2008, 7:35 AM
So he has had 5 competitive starts and 5 competitive sub appearances. God knows how many minutes playing time for Ireland that is, but it isnt that much. In a period when as a team we have been ****e, its a lot of pressure to expect a newcomer to come in a set the standard, which judging by the negative comments on here, he would need to do.

ABout the same length of time Stan got as international manager :p. Alas, international games come round once in a blue moon so a player has to make a quick impact (like a manager) or it's curtains. Can't afford a player to be putting in poor performances in the hope he'll get better because there just isn't time.

BigmanCas
02/03/2008, 12:19 PM
Jeepers creepers, such a thread.

Don't know where to start.

BigManCas, I don't know how you can be such a big McGeady fan when you say you don't support Celtic. From that I take it you watch the odd away game on Setanta, CL games, his few Ireland games etc? Your posting style of hailing him as the best thing since sliced bread seems to antagonise the posters who have only seen him for Ireland when he was sh1t. Then they in turn are exaggerating as much as you but in the other direction.

The exaggeration on this thread is ridiculous. That 'wayne rooney benchmark' post I was going to pull up but was already highlighted well by another poster. It reminds me of one by paul o shea before the barca game 'ok if he gets MOTM tonight i'll admit I was hard on him'. HaHAAAA.
Youngirish - 'one or two good CL games in about 20' . Good lad. Utter rubbish. I'm no statto but I know its a damn sight more than that.

Dodge - 'anon today apart from cross for goal'. Far from anon mate. Like the team he struggled in 1st half with wind, bumpy pitch, physical hibs. Still showed for and saw plenty of the ball even if his control let him down a bit. He had an all round good second half. Far from anonymous.
And someone mentioned 'oh but the cross for the goal came at one nil'. Hibs were hardly down and out, it was a hard fought game and is that not what good players do - turn the screw and extend your lead while on top for a period???

Seems the posters who don't watch him regularly want to have a cut at those who do by harping on about how he's not world class yet(no says he is or even will be) and he's playing in a gash league. A lot of these are LOI fans too going by avatars. If the SPL is so gash what about the one you follow? Do you even like the football you go to watch or is it just an exclusivity thing?

Stuttgart has a balanced view on things as I believe he actually watches a lot of the games the player in question plays in. For interested neutrals I'd take his view before those who can't forget Brat/Prague.
I watch all potential Irish players - and Irish players who feature on TV. I would love to watch Owen Garvan or James Mc Carthy but the option is unavailable to me. As far as I can see, this young man, Mc Geady is confounding his critics week in week out for Celtic. I do not buy this 'SPL is rubbish' talk. You can only beat who is put in front of you. He is now having to beat the two men opposition teams now put on him. I stand by my assertition that he is technically the best irish player since Brady. he is still 21. Get behind him and support him. Cristiano Ronaldo is a similar type player and as a Man Utd fan, I've had to endure frustrating performance after frustrating performance but he was/still is on a learning curve. To quote Beckett: "ever tried, every failed, no matter, try again, fail again, fail better". Mc Geady will make more mistakes and he will learn from them. If I could advise him, I would simply point him to a Behan quote: "Fcuk the begrudgers" because it seems that there are unfortunately too many of them on this site....

Billsthoughts
02/03/2008, 12:59 PM
Hence the comments on Irish players at club level. It would be a whole lot quieter if we only spoke about performances in international games. Would you prefer that we had a Celtic forum to talk about McGeady's club appearances? And a Man City one to talk about Dunne and Ireland's club performances, and a Reading one to talk about Long, Hunt, and Doyle's club performances?If they haven't been "much cop up until now" that must mean his recent perfomances have been "much cop", correct? So why do you want to see player in form dropped?Seems like you don't want to hear the opinion of Celtic fans, or people who have been watching McGeady play for Celtic. Should the opinions of Man City fans, or people who have watched Man City games, be disregarded in the Stephen Ireland thread?
Jesus ...where to begin indeed....
1)Please see earlier comments about issues I'd have with his club form.
2)No it doesnt mean his recent performances have been much cop. It means Im not writing off his career Im just saying he had his chances ,didnt take them and has fallen down the pecking order.
3)On an Ireland forum you would expect his performances for Ireland to form the basis of most peoples opinion of him.
4)never said I didnt want to hear the opinions of Celtic fans. Where did I say that? Point it out.:mad:

tetsujin1979
02/03/2008, 1:12 PM
Jesus ...where to begin indeed....
1)Please see earlier comments about issues I'd have with his club form.I hope the new manager has a better opinion of club form influencing squad selection. Would you have a problem with him picking Clinton Morrison based on his recent Ireland performances?

2)No it doesnt mean his recent performances have been much cop. It means Im not writing off his career Im just saying he had his chances ,didnt take them and has fallen down the pecking order.I would think he took his chance quite well against Brazil

3)On an Ireland forum you would expect his performances for Ireland to form the basis of most peoples opinion of him.So we should only have an opinion of his ability based on the 8-10 games Ireland play in a year, as opposed to the approximiately 60 club games he'll play in the same time?

4)never said I didnt want to hear the opinions of Celtic fans. Where did I say that? Point it out.:mad:You disregard the anyone's opinion of McGeady, if it's based on watching him play for Celtic.

Billsthoughts
02/03/2008, 1:22 PM
I hope the new manager has a better opinion of club form influencing squad selection. Would you have a problem with him picking Clinton Morrison based on his recent Ireland performances?
I would think he took his chance quite well against Brazil
So we should only have an opinion of his ability based on the 8-10 games Ireland play in a year, as opposed to the approximiately 60 club games he'll play in the same time?
You disregard the anyone's opinion of McGeady, if it's based on watching him play for Celtic.

please stop putting words in my mouth. read previous posts

eirebhoy
02/03/2008, 3:20 PM
Celtic's Aiden McGeady has been named Clydesdale Bank Premier League player of the month for February.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/7273750.stm

boovidge
03/03/2008, 12:40 AM
Aiden McGeady, Scotland's player of the month for February - and favourite to take the Player of the Year accolade - has one fear about tomorrow night's return meeting with Barcelona in the Nou Camp

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2008/03/03/sfghib103.xml

kingdom hoop
03/03/2008, 4:15 AM
please stop putting words in my mouth. read previous posts

Ah relax Bill, people exaggerate opposing opinions all the time:

But your (eirebhoy) saying he should walk into the Ireland team on the back of a freindly game against Brazil. Thats ridiculous.
:)

Leaving contradictions aside, I don't buy into the "I don't give a damn about club form, Ireland performances are all that matter" argument. Reminds me a bit of the old bouncer trick of refusing entry on account of not being a regular at the given establishment.

There's a balance to be struck. However not picking a player who had a poor last game for Ireland but is in great form for his club wouldn't be the approach I'd take, especially if the hypothetical player was only cutting his teeth at international level. (disclaimer: not saying that's your argument Bill. :))

Stuttgart88
03/03/2008, 7:58 AM
Isn't it all academic now anyway? New manager, new ideas etc. Doesn't everyone start with a clean slate?

I'm sure Trap & Tardelli will take a good look at the players over the coming months and look at the Delaney DVDs and make a professional judgment.

kingdom hoop
03/03/2008, 8:13 AM
Isn't it all academic now anyway?

Have you never looked at my avatar? :D

But yeah it's a good point. You'd imagine Trap will quickly discern how inept Stan was and adjudge any 'performances' under him as being subject to severe mitigating circumstances.

Wolfie
03/03/2008, 8:28 AM
A healthy dose of realism there. McGeady is, without doubt, a talented player with a lot of potential. I think he has a fair bit to go to live up to some of the purple prose that's been written here at times.

Wayne Rooney is a young player who has delivered World Class performances at both club and international level. That's the benchmark - and McGeady has yet to achieve that level, most certainly on a consistent basis.

Some of my above post being taken a little out of context.

My point was, if you are going to describe a player as "World Class" or attach any manner of superlatives to a player - you've got to have a point of reference.

I mentioned Rooney in the sense that he truly is a young World Class player and is universally recognised as such. I'm aware he's the exception to the rule. That level of ability is the benchmark for the mantle of "World Class" IMO.

It's not a direct comparison between Mcgeady and Rooney per se. I could have mentioned Messi in order to illustrate the point.

I think phrases such as "World Class" and "Genius" are bandied around too often.

McGeady has shown some undoubted improvement and could go on to become a hell of a player. In the here and now - he's not the finished article. That's fair comment.

Some measured and honest appraisal of McGeady doesn't have to be construed as negative or an attempt to knock the player.

Billsthoughts
03/03/2008, 8:57 AM
[QUOTE=kingdom hoop;889405]Ah relax Bill, people exaggerate opposing opinions............QUOTE]

No I always think players should be picked on the basis of their assists/goal scored ratio in comparison to players picked at random from other countries.
:rolleyes:

Its not a case of dismissing club form. Its a case of taking into account hes had great club form before and been annonymous for Ireland. Whos to say it will be any different now? Good player. Totally unproven at international level yet.

geysir
03/03/2008, 11:07 AM
Its not a case of dismissing club form. Its a case of taking into account hes had great club form before and been annonymous for Ireland. Whos to say it will be any different now? Good player. Totally unproven at international level yet.
Not many would disagree with much of that, nevertheless there is enough evidence in a couple of the games that he has earned the right to be in the squad and in the pecking order for both wings. Duff is the main man then we have Hunt and McGeady or vice versa.
As Stutts says It's up to Trap now, to run the slide rule over midfield, one winger or 2 wingers, McGeady starting, or coming on as a sub or sitting on his árse for 90mins.
I trust in Trap.

paul_oshea
03/03/2008, 11:12 AM
I trust in Trap.

I'm assuming you used that sentence for a reason, its certainly catchy and comes across as a phrase, I like it. We trust in Trap, has a ring for a song to it.

Bottle_of_Tonic -> if you read between the lines, it wasn't a case of me saying oh well if he has one good game then everything done before is fine, it was more of a case, that all the hype ppl on here ( Celtic fans mainly ) were giving mcgeady, that if he was that good, he would get MOTM against Barcelona if he really IS that good ( currently not saying he can't be) and if he was capable of getting MOTM against Barcelona he was capable of anything. A little bit more to it.

BigmanCas
03/03/2008, 11:23 AM
Not many would disagree with much of that, nevertheless there is enough evidence in a couple of the games that he has earned the right to be in the squad and in the pecking order for both wings. Duff is the main man then we have Hunt and McGeady or vice versa.
As Stutts says It's up to Trap now, to run the slide rule over midfield, one winger or 2 wingers, McGeady starting, or coming on as a sub or sitting on his árse for 90mins.
I trust in Trap.
He has, this year developed a consistency. For those who don't know, the young lad is 21 so he is allowed to improve. I forget who posted it, but recently someone said that 'he is nearly 22 and anyway that is relatively old for a winger' or something along those lines - horsesiht. He is without doubt our most consistent attacking player at club level at present. Duff is not firing on all cylinders with Newcastle at the moment and S Hunt is not exactly setting the premiership alight at the Madjeski with his vast arrays of skill - tongue in cheek. Facts are - you are only as good as your last game. Mcgeadys last game for Ireland was against Brazil were he produced a 'man of the match' (on the Irish side) display. His performance against Hibs at the weekend was also worthy of the man of the match albeit he was just pipped by Scott Brown. Forget about Bratislava and Prague. Both games are in the past. Lets all enjoy the talents of Mc Geady and what he can potentially bring to the irish team under Trapp - which i might add will be a helluva lot more than that Mr Hunt and Mr Duff on current form.

paul_oshea
03/03/2008, 11:31 AM
You cant just say forget those games, when people are going to make judgements on how he played for Ireland bigmancas! How else can one discuss the player otherwise?!

Irish supporters ( Not celtic supporters ) only see him playing for Ireland and judge him on this, bar possibly a hanful of games for celtic in the CL or old firm derbies.

NeilMcD
03/03/2008, 11:32 AM
Surely every game that he has played is in the past.

RogerMilla
03/03/2008, 11:38 AM
mcgeady has been improvign steadily for celtic and will improve in the green if he is given enough time , stan was a fool to play him against the czechs after a poor performance against the slovaks, he has done well in our last two games against wales and brazil and will deffo improve ,

RogerMilla
03/03/2008, 11:49 AM
Do you even like the football you go to watch or is it just an exclusivity thing?

sadly for a lot of posters on this board it is an exclusivity thing , i can think of one poster in particular who has since been banned.

beautifulrock
03/03/2008, 12:02 PM
The other area of improvement I have seen from Aiden recently is the quite dramatic improvement in his strength on the ball. Strachan alluded to this fact a few months back when he said McGeady was spending a lot of time in the gym, he also went on to say that it is the guys who do the extra gym work who always seem to be the most consistent performers. I have no doubt McGeady can be a big player for us.

BigmanCas
03/03/2008, 12:06 PM
You cant just say forget those games, when people are going to make judgements on how he played for Ireland bigmancas! How else can one discuss the player otherwise?!

Irish supporters ( Not celtic supporters ) only see him playing for Ireland and judge him on this, bar possibly a hanful of games for celtic in the CL or old firm derbies.
Paul, a true Irish fan will watch all games with Irish Players playing. I am not a spurs fan but i will watch the game if Robbie is selected to play, if he wasn't and there were no Irish in the opposition I would watch corrie or something. I am an Irish fan, first and foremost. Please try to understand that Mc Geady plays with some terrible players and due to his recent performances celtic have been getting domestic results. Donati, Sno, Naylor, Caddis, Robson are all very poor.

I suppose my point is - real Irish fans watch all games where Irish players are involved. And because of Mc Geadys recent exploits with both club and country he is getting deserved exposure. Should I change the channel? Is Corrie on?

NeilMcD
03/03/2008, 12:06 PM
I think Strachans quote a few months back where he said that the greastest trick that Aiden can do is pass the ball to another team-mate. This came to mind playing football myself over the past week, but I think he has certainly improved an awful lot in the last year in that area. He is now assisting goals week in week out, fair play to him and I think there is great competition for the spots on the wings for Ireland. We have Duff, McGeady, Hunt and at push Stephen Ireland who can play any of spots.

ifk101
03/03/2008, 12:10 PM
Paul, a true Irish fan will watch all games with Irish Players playing.

I suppose my point is - real Irish fans watch all games where Irish players are involved.

That's impossible! Even Trapattoni couldn't do that. Do you watch Leinster Senior League matches as well Aiden? If so, you're some man for one man!

BigmanCas
03/03/2008, 12:17 PM
That's impossible! Even Trapattoni couldn't do that. Do you watch Leinster Senior League matches as well Aiden? If so, you're some man for one man!
I left out 'try to' http://foot.ie/images/icons/icon12.gif

ifk101
03/03/2008, 12:22 PM
I left out 'try to' http://foot.ie/images/icons/icon12.gif

I'm not too sure Aiden ;) - you do seem to be fond of the dramatics. But good luck tomorrow!

GavinZac
03/03/2008, 12:23 PM
sadly for a lot of posters on this board it is an exclusivity thing , i can think of one poster in particular who has since been banned.

This is bloody pathetic. We're getting insulted now because we support our local club? We don't watch the football for "exclusivity" nor because its good football but because its our club. Quality of football doesnt come into it; though it obviously brings a fair bit of pride when you don't just beat, but outplay the opposition.

Ireland - the one country in the western world where someone as clearly enthusiastic about football as to waste hours on a place like foot.ie can have managed to go their life so far without realising what a football supporter is.

paul_oshea
03/03/2008, 12:46 PM
Paul, a true Irish fan will watch all games with Irish Players playing. I am not a spurs fan but i will watch the game if Robbie is selected to play, if he wasn't and there were no Irish in the opposition I would watch corrie or something. I am an Irish fan, first and foremost. Please try to understand that Mc Geady plays with some terrible players and due to his recent performances celtic have been getting domestic results. Donati, Sno, Naylor, Caddis, Robson are all very poor.

I suppose my point is - real Irish fans watch all games where Irish players are involved. And because of Mc Geadys recent exploits with both club and country he is getting deserved exposure. Should I change the channel? Is Corrie on?

How do you watch them if they aren't on the tele?! Its impossible to watch every single match, I admit though about watching as many games as possible, but theres not that much of a chance when its celtic, bar the CL games, the old firm ( televised ) and any other Setanta ones. More than a handful in fairness, that was wrong to use the term handful.

OwlsFan
03/03/2008, 12:48 PM
Bit of praise for McGeady from the Daily Telegraph:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?view=DETAILS&grid=A1YourView&xml=/sport/2008/03/03/sfncel103.xml

Nice to see he was apparently singled out by some of the Spaniards as the best of Celtic's players.

When the day comes and he takes the Queen's shilling and moves to the Premiership, wait for his enemies to call him McGreedy :D A headline in waiting of that I have no doubt.

Billsthoughts
03/03/2008, 12:48 PM
This is bloody pathetic. We're getting insulted now because we support our local club? We don't watch the football for "exclusivity" nor because its good football but because its our club. Quality of football doesnt come into it; though it obviously brings a fair bit of pride when you don't just beat, but outplay the opposition.

Ireland - the one country in the western world where someone as clearly enthusiastic about football as to waste hours on a place like foot.ie can have managed to go their life so far without realising what a football supporter is.

In fairness I think he was gettin at me cause I had the Pats crest.

OwlsFan
03/03/2008, 1:28 PM
In fairness I think he was gettin at me cause I had the Pats crest.

I thought it was the Arsenal strip :p

Billsthoughts
03/03/2008, 1:30 PM
they must have changed it since Dunphy forced rovers outta milltown...:)

OwlsFan
03/03/2008, 1:41 PM
they must have changed it since Dunphy forced rovers outta milltown...:)

Don't mention the war.....

Pat's weren't high on my radar in those days. Waterford were the team I hated as well as Shels and Bohs. Never went to Inchicore as there was no direct bus route there from Dundrum. Used to get the bus to Burgh Quay and walk to Tolka or Dalymount to see Rovers play Shels and Bohs. Would be hard pressed to even remember a St Pat's Player other than Paul McGrath.

p.s. sorry this has nothing to do with McGeady.

paul_oshea
03/03/2008, 2:02 PM
Bit of praise for McGeady from the Daily Telegraph:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?view=DETAILS&grid=A1YourView&xml=/sport/2008/03/03/sfncel103.xml

Nice to see he was apparently singled out by some of the Spaniards as the best of Celtic's players.

When the day comes and he takes the Queen's shilling and moves to the Premiership, wait for his enemies to call him McGreedy :D A headline in waiting of that I have no doubt.

owlsfan, what is it he earns in scotland?!

kingdom hoop
03/03/2008, 2:06 PM
Not respect anyway it would seem.

Billsthoughts
03/03/2008, 2:24 PM
Not respect anyway it would seem.

well in fairness to the Scots....we'd be the same if someone born here declared allegiance to another country.

btw Im not questioning his right to declare for Ireland.

paul_oshea
03/03/2008, 2:36 PM
well in fairness to the Scots....we'd be the same if someone born here declared allegiance to another country.

those last two threads have totally confused me!

kingdom hoop
03/03/2008, 2:41 PM

Only we'd be way worse! :( :D

(no need for the btw bit either, we're all most of us are friends here.:))

Billsthoughts
03/03/2008, 3:02 PM
I just didnt want to open a can of worms...people can be quite sensitive.

geysir
03/03/2008, 3:35 PM
Pat's weren't high on my radar in those days. Waterford were the team I hated as well as Shels and Bohs. Never went to Inchicore as there was no direct bus route there from Dundrum. Used to get the bus to Burgh Quay and walk to Tolka or Dalymount to see Rovers play Shels and Bohs. Would be hard pressed to even remember a St Pat's Player other than Paul McGrath.
Gordon Banks :D
I went out there a few times, injun territory.
All I remember were the old fellas cracking jokes non stop.