PDA

View Full Version : Our Away Form

dalo
19/08/2002, 1:06 PM
hasn't been great so far. will it let us down.? i suspect the pat's and boh's will tell us alot more:eek:

pete
19/08/2002, 1:18 PM
Too early to tell really.

Poor in Drogheda but got the impression if got first goal would have won - drogs will do well with their hoofball on tight home pitch anyway.

Shocking yesterday - bumpy pitch but team still looked like had been on the beer the night before. More worryingly after getting ourselves back into the game at 1-1 we lucky not to lose it in the last 10mins.

Midfield looks too weak defensively to play the Gunther counter attacking "style". Doesn't look like we'll win many if any 1 nils away from home & will have to rely on scoring a couple of goals.

Bohs 'n Pats will be strongest team this seaosn so not necessarily a disaster to lose to them away anyway?

Neil
19/08/2002, 1:25 PM
It's just strange that we can destroy good teams at the Cross and then fail miserably against the likes of Monaghan away from home.

Are JOF and GOC putting it in upfront away from home? Do they not fancy the away trips to far-flung places?

Colm
19/08/2002, 1:34 PM
Originally posted by pete
Bohs 'n Pats will be strongest team this seaosn so not necessarily a disaster to lose to them away anyway? Yeah so they will be our biggest rivals in our push for the league title. Thus losing to them would be very bad because they will just get further and further ahead of us.

Our home form wont win us the league no matter how good it is, the real test of our overall form will be next week against Pats and Bohs as they are a class above any of the teams we have played so far.:(

Troy.McClure
19/08/2002, 2:47 PM
I think that he was just saying that if we loose to them that we are not neccesarily a bad (ie religation) team.

Technically speaking, shouldnt we loose to Bohs/Shels/Pats anyway seeing as they are all fulltime/nearly fulltime squads and we are still toying around with being half semi-pro?:confused: :(

Schumi
19/08/2002, 5:16 PM
As an objective viewer having seen Pats, Bohs and Cork this season, you have been the poorest of these three. I know you usually play badly against UCD but Bohs were much stronger looking. I've only seen Pats in their last Intertoto game so I don't know how relevant that is but they also looked very good.

Troy.McClure
20/08/2002, 3:27 PM
Should we really be surprized? They have better players, better managers and more money. The fact that we are doing better than $hels at the mo is a big complement to us I think (although Fenlon is prob an influence in that).

pete
20/08/2002, 3:39 PM
Originally posted by Troy.McClure
Should we really be surprized? They have better players, better managers and more money. The fact that we are doing better than $hels at the mo is a big complement to us I think (although Fenlon is prob an influence in that).

Jaysus thats the defeatist talk Roy Keane would have a fit over.

:eek: