PDA

View Full Version : Another Reason Not To Go To U.C.D.

Leonard
26/06/2001, 2:58 PM
UCD will be playing all their home games on Thursday evenings next season. Apparently the only reason is just to be awkward and to save City fans from spending two Sundays a year travelling up there, so nice one, lads. As much as I enjoyed the trip through the woods to find the place, City always play dire there.

James
26/06/2001, 3:01 PM
speaking of thursdays arent dundalk doing that also.
how the hell do they expect away fans to travel up to that hole on a thursday which would involve getting both the thur and fri off work?
and daniel before you reply I know they are playing City on a sunday . i am just making the point in general

Leonard
26/06/2001, 3:06 PM
Oh God, that gowl Daniel isn't going to start, is he? I suppose we'll have to hear all about how no City fans travelled up to see Dundalk but they brought 14,000 down.

pete
26/06/2001, 3:13 PM
Since when has thursday been the weekend???????

IMO IF (big one I know) the FAI ever get their act together for new rules book they need to ban teams playing WEEKEND games on thursdays. It can only mess up mid-week fixtures & cup replays etc..... :(

Daniel McD
26/06/2001, 5:16 PM
I'm the most anti-Thursday night person you can meet .. so I'm not even going to try and defend it, because I don't agree with any of the reasons

Leonard .....I am enjoying your attention .but slightly disappointed with your last message as it did not contain some amusing anecdote or passage of riddles that is supposed to be alternatively funny ...

niamh
26/06/2001, 6:18 PM
I'm thinking Dundalk and UCD are thinking that if there are no away fans then there own fans will look loyal and numerous. As for away fans...I'm sure as always there'll City fans wherever City play a match even if there'll be fewer than usual.

James
26/06/2001, 6:24 PM
agreed Niamh
even Latvia by all accounts, there must have been 80+ of us, granted most of those were on a free Board junkit, still its not bad