PDA

View Full Version : Barmy Army/ Vocal Fans

Macy
26/06/2001, 1:24 PM
Right - I'm calling a meeting of the vocal fans at one of the weekends Super Cup games - probably the Bohs game on Sunday to decide tatics.
Points of Order:
1) Uefa Cup game. Making sure that all the vocal fans from the Buckfast Terrace (RIP) get together for the game, so as to avoid the debacle of the Cup Final. Although that kinda depends on whether the club are going to have the seats unreserved or insist on siting in the allocated seat. (Over to you Gheewhizz!)
2) Collection of monies to sort out flares for the Euro game - My Set Piece Athletic flare contact is to get back to me on the prices.
3) See whether we want to collect for flags and banners - i.e. pool the resources and so get bigger flags!
4) Generally aid the vocal support - hopefully organise it for away games, and aid the spread new songs.
You have been warmed!

Pauro 76
26/06/2001, 1:56 PM
Good call Macy, wont be there unfortunatly, will be in London, but this should be the Bible for vocal fans.... Come on the Town!!!! :p
P.S. Any word on the giant flag?

Macy
26/06/2001, 2:26 PM
Well unless you've won the lotto, I haven't - so that will have to be a collection job to be discussed.

JC_GUFC
26/06/2001, 4:12 PM
The club will get fined if you light flares at the European game (probably something in the region of £30,000) - also you'll get fined if you invade the pitch after the game so you might want to let all the GAA fans know! ;)

Also Macy you'll have to make sure everyone learns the words the "You'll never walk in Athlone" :D I'm sure we've still got a few spare t-shirts in Galway if you want 'em! :)

CU
JC

Macy
26/06/2001, 5:47 PM
Looks like we'll have to stick to ticker tape, bog roll and till roll then. Actually I was thinking about the flares - not much good when it's going to be a summer evening anyway!
You'll never walk in Athlone has already been introduced to the town song book by meself anyway. My personal favourite rendition was in the Cup semi replay, with John Stacey stood no more than 10 yards away :)
btw I'll have a T-shirt, if you're still going games after your merger. Will you officially challenge Ton the Gom for most matches as a neutral if it happens?;)

Pauro 76
26/06/2001, 5:53 PM
Itll be good to hear all the old faves on Wednesday! Now Thats What I Call Town Chants 37!

gheewhizz
26/06/2001, 6:36 PM
Macy JC_GUFC is right the club would get fined for Fans lighting Flares & also for invading the pitch. There is more things that fans could do that will get the club fined.

sorbothegreek
26/06/2001, 11:19 PM
As a man with three years of home economics behind me, i am putting myself forward as the one to make the proposed flag. Anyone see my cup-final effort, and i only had 4 hours. Give me time and ill make you proud.

gheewhizz
27/06/2001, 1:04 AM
I've seen his workmanship & it's A1 ;) & I say Go for it sorbo :cool:

Pauro 76
27/06/2001, 9:13 AM
Id second that, his Cup Final effort was a masterpiece, and its plain to see that Sorbo is the man for making the giant flag!!! Go for it Sorbo, make the Town proud!!!! :cool: :cool: :cool:
Do it for Town and County!

Macy
27/06/2001, 10:24 AM
We'll discuss at either Tolka Friday or the Rugby club on Sunday. Unfortunately no chance of me getting down for the match tonight (well actually it's the getting back to dublin in time tomorrow that is the problem). Probably have to console myself with going to see how $hel$ look with their 35 new signings against the Bowez.

There is more things that fans could do that will get the club fined.
Gheewhizz you can't leave it at that, you better give us the full list and hope it doesn't include abusing referee's or Athlone ;) Seriously, it would help to know what we can and can't do, and would probably help the stewards on the day. Does it include not sitting on the wall?:)

Stevo
27/06/2001, 3:56 PM
the supporters are going to have a huge part to play in the first home leg...with this in mind i think a large hug LTFC flag that we could pass over our heads would be a great help in creating the best atmosphere flancare has ever seen....prehaps the supporters club could commision such a flag and we the supporters could contribute to the costs....its all about organisation lads !!!! lets make the 9th aug a great day for ale and a great day for the town :) :) :)

Pauro 76
27/06/2001, 5:20 PM
Cant wait to sample the Flancare Park atmosphere August 9th, magical occasion, save your voices for that game, we're gonna raise the roof!!! :cool: And with a bit of luck, Sorbo'll have that flag for us!!!!! I think we can create the best atmosphere for a European game in Ireland EVER!

Xlex
27/06/2001, 5:24 PM
Originally posted by Macy
1) Uefa Cup game. Making sure that all the vocal fans from the Buckfast Terrace (RIP) get together for the game, so as to avoid the debacle of the Cup Final. Although that kinda depends on whether the club are going to have the seats unreserved or insist on siting in the allocated seat. (Over to you Gheewhizz!)

This will have to be sorted. Lesson learnt from The Cup Final. Put us together and in the same section........ Stop quiter fans from moaning!! :mad: and louder fans louder:D ...

waterboy
28/06/2001, 12:45 AM
Why dont you all set up a supporters club of ur own and the ask the powers that be to allocate a certain amount of tickets for one section to your club so ye can all sit together, on the subject of ticker tape bogroll etc the ticker tape is cool but bogroll is out as it is an offence to throw missiles on the field and it will result in the club being fined, also i think flagpoles are also on the banned list

Macy
28/06/2001, 9:58 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
Why dont you all set up a supporters club of ur own and the ask the powers that be to allocate a certain amount of tickets for one section to your club so ye can all sit together,

Well that is the kinda plan, though I'm not convinced that it should fall within the supporter's club - I'd be more keen on an independent grouping.

joe
28/06/2001, 10:06 AM
Macy,

there was a gang of kids at the match last night who would be perfect for 'making noise' at the euro match, and they claim to know 8 songs, so half the work is done.

Xlex
28/06/2001, 10:26 AM
WHEN DE NIGHT................
Can We DO anything at all............... Could all guidelines be published soon cause it's gonna be a little more than Buckfast and chants..... seeing our Bald Truck Driving Friend is gone. :confused:

Macy
28/06/2001, 11:38 AM
I Know for certain that no drink in the ground is a euro rule - so it looks like it's back to the special coca cola ;)

joe
28/06/2001, 11:51 AM
they were selling beer at the match in latvia - could uefa dump them out of the intertoto over this? is our trip to holland back on?
or is the intertoto treated like a joke by everyone?

Sinéad
28/06/2001, 12:49 PM
I was at the supporters club meeting the other night with a poor turn-out of 10 (4 of which were my aunty, cousin, daddy and me) and they are keen on getting support...Yeah , I know that sounds silly but if they can't get at least 10% of the support on the day of the cup final to join the supporters club they is something wrong. Its only £10, you get nothing for it....nothing (well a discount in the LTFC shop)! but the club needs the support and thats what matters. They were very interested in contacting people in Dublin or else where in connection with setting up other branches of the LTFC supporters club.....So any interest? Also, I have tickets for Sunday night in Slashers.....anyone want one or some??

Macy
28/06/2001, 1:18 PM
I wasn't being anti the supporters club, and I intend to join for this season (meant to join last season, but never got round to it/ had a spare tenner). It's just that I think that anything is organised around the singers should be kept independent - for both sides. If we're independent then the club can't dictate are singing policies, and niether can they take any of the potential rap if we are less than complementary about anything/ anyone (not the intention, but there's bound to be games when the ref/ linesman are sh!te).
Can I also add, why have the meeting mid-week, when the SC nows how many people work/ study away? There was talk of me and Waterboy trying to set up a Dublin Branch, but as I can never get to any meetings in Longford cos they're mid-week I don't know what the plans are for fundraising etc etc.
I'm going to the do on sunday - prob. get my tickets of Johnny at some point over the weekend, maybe Friday at the match.
Speaking of which - many of youse planning on going to Tolka?