PDA

View Full Version : U21 Cup 1/4 Final

Roo69
31/08/2006, 9:56 AM
Firstly congrats to Kildare on there 2-1 win last night, there not a bad side at all and certianly not affraid to dive intio a tackle or two !

But what is really annnoying me is the CHEATING that went on last night, theres no other word for it really......

Now i know every team time wastes to try and gain an advantage, but last night Kildare really took the ****, the best example was when there goal keeper was looking for a drink and shouted over to the bench, his manager shouted back go down injured ! on at least 8 or 9 occassions Kildare players had to "recieve treatment" for being "injuried. Bray used there full allocation of subs and Kildare also used a few as well.

There was at least 6 minutes injury time, and that me being very kind.....

Why did the ref only play 20 seconds ? He is an absolute disgrace for what he done last night and should be ashamed of himself for cheating young lads like that.

BrayUnknowns
31/08/2006, 10:22 AM
Heard that myself alright, surely the club will have to do something about this ?

football fan
01/09/2006, 10:30 AM
I was not at the match and have no comment on the game.

I have been to Edenderry several times now to play and was wondering what the Bray support thought of the set up. I think that they have made great progress there and the people involved should be very proud of their efforts.

Your thoughts and comments please.

BrayUnknowns
01/09/2006, 11:37 AM
I wasn't at the game myself but from what i hear it was a very nice set up but was told the pitch was shocking ! lumps and bumps everywhere and holes were the peno spots and centre spot should be !

centre mid
05/09/2006, 1:32 PM
I Played in Edenderry many years ago, the set up was always pretty good, not sure about the reception you got if you dared to win

Roo69
14/09/2006, 1:06 PM
The hearing decision for Brian Gartland and Willie Tyrell has resulted in both players being banned for the rest of the season. Both players are to appeal.

Can someone please explain how the old codgers on the comittee can come to a decision like that based on one mans over exaggerated match report, with no witnesses to a so called assault.

This is an absolute disgrace.

What ? That is a fcuking disgrace ! I was at the match and to be banned for the rest of the season over what happened is outrages.

FFS Gartland was in the dugout when it was all happening ! how can he get banned for that ?

And what happened to the Ref ? any bans for him for not knowing the rules of the game !

They really need to appeal that man :mad:

football fan
15/09/2006, 11:23 AM
What ? That is a fcuking disgrace ! I was at the match and to be banned for the rest of the season over what happened is outrages.

FFS Gartland was in the dugout when it was all happening ! how can he get banned for that ?

And what happened to the Ref ? any bans for him for not knowing the rules of the game !

They really need to appeal that man :mad:

Seems a tough punishment. As i said in a previous post, I was not at the game but perhaps some one might let us know what happened. However, if they did put their hands on the referee (and I have no idea if they did or not), this could be the reason for the ban.

Rocky Rules
19/09/2006, 2:22 PM
Agree with previous views, but its worse! Not only are Willie Tyrrell and Brian Gartland banned for rest of season, AFAIK the club was fined €1800 (!) and John Finnegan and Willie Clarke banned from dugout for 2 games each. Chair of 3-man disciplinary panel said it was "worst case in years". Refs report was 13 lines. No sanction on ref despite 8 lengthy injury stoppages in 2nd half and 7 subs all of which led to 26 seconds of added time. Also, on no occasion following injury was a player required to leave the field of play till the "ref" called him back on. There were 2 "refs' inspectors" present.I thought I was at the game.Maybe I was at another one....

"infamy, infamy, they've all got it infamy" (Kenneth Williams)

PS Kildare into final v Cork City.Fool of a ref not their fault

Stevo Da Gull
21/09/2006, 7:49 PM
I would call this a joke but its not funny at all. Its an absolute disgrace, how can we promote football on this island when the people running the show could'nt find their arse's with both hands?

Sputnick
28/09/2006, 9:38 AM
Agree with previous views, but its worse! Not only are Willie Tyrrell and Brian Gartland banned for rest of season, AFAIK the club was fined €1800 (!) and John Finnegan and Willie Clarke banned from dugout for 2 games each. Chair of 3-man disciplinary panel said it was "worst case in years". Refs report was 13 lines. No sanction on ref despite 8 lengthy injury stoppages in 2nd half and 7 subs all of which led to 26 seconds of added time. Also, on no occasion following injury was a player required to leave the field of play till the "ref" called him back on. There were 2 "refs' inspectors" present.I thought I was at the game.Maybe I was at another one....

Can someone please explain how the old codgers on the comittee can come to a decision like that based on one mans over exaggerated match report, with no witnesses to a so called assault.

This is an absolute disgrace.

First post here and I just had to make it after seeing the bs being thrown about here.

Put simply - if you put your hands on a ref it is treated as an assault and thats what happened here. The two lads assaulted the ref.

Refs report was 13 lines ? where do you get that information from ? it would appear to be plucked out of the air as you could not have read it. Refs report would be a minimum of one page and when there is a case like this a lot longer. The linesmen as well as the assessors who were there would also have filed reports on the incident. So don't be saying only the word of the ref was taken - there were witnesses four other officials and they report what they see too.

Similarily the 26 seconds of injury time - this was in fact 2 and a half minutes.

At under 21 level there is no rule requiring players to leave the field of play so before you start slagging off the ref about not enforcing it and giving enough injury time etc go and get qualified yourself.

Lads we are all Bray supporters here but sometimes you have to accept when you lose you lose and move on.

BrayUnknowns
28/09/2006, 10:19 AM
First post here and I just had to make it after seeing the bs being thrown about here.

Put simply - if you put your hands on a ref it is treated as an assault and thats what happened here. The two lads assaulted the ref.

Refs report was 13 lines ? where do you get that information from ? it would appear to be plucked out of the air as you could not have read it. Refs report would be a minimum of one page and when there is a case like this a lot longer. The linesmen as well as the assessors who were there would also have filed reports on the incident. So don't be saying only the word of the ref was taken - there were witnesses four other officials and they report what they see too.

Similarily the 26 seconds of injury time - this was in fact 2 and a half minutes.

At under 21 level there is no rule requiring players to leave the field of play so before you start slagging off the ref about not enforcing it and giving enough injury time etc go and get qualified yourself.

Lads we are all Bray supporters here but sometimes you have to accept when you lose you lose and move on.

Make it your last post as well mate, because your talking complete and utter boll*x ! simple as that really. Are you the ref in disguise ?

Grasshopper 99
28/09/2006, 11:11 AM
All refs are a joke when there officiating bray, its not on, its madnesss, they should all be sacked, tortured, then beheaded. hahahahahahahaha

Rocky Rules
29/09/2006, 12:47 PM
I read Sputnick's 1st post with a mixture of amusement & amazement.

Inasmuch as it applies to me I'd reply as follows-

I'm not a bad loser (in this context). In an earlier post on this (when Sputnick hadn't come to earth?) I made the overall point that County were the better team on the night and wanted it more.

One player definitely put a hand or hands on the ref. Another may have, but not the one suspended! Re "assault", lets see how the EL deal with the Waterford (re Bohs) situation (Hi Rhona).

I was told by one of the 3 mosr senior officials at the club (who was at the meeting) that thr Ref's report was 13 lines. The role of ref's assts (formerly linesmen) or assessors was not mentioned.

26 seconds was the view of a club official with a stopwatch. I made it 36 secs. Two and a half minutes?? Was Sputnick there? If so, doing what?

As the rule about leaving the pitch when injured is a directive to refs and has been implemented even in scoolboy football,where I managed till last year, and as it has been implemented in all U21 games I've been at this year, that view is horsehockey. I said nothing about qualifications and whether I am or not. And himself?

The issue is not losing. The issue is consistency in officiating, enforcement and punishment