PDA

View Full Version : Bray Vs. Shels

BrayUnknowns
30/08/2006, 12:44 PM
Brian McGovern will miss his fifth consecutive outing for the Seagulls when Bray take on Shelbourne on Friday night, as his knee injury is slow to heal.

Also missing will be Stephen Gifford, who picked up a hip injury against Sligo in the FAI Cup last Saturday night.

Ciarán Ryan will also sit this one out with an ankle injury while David Tyrrell cannot play, as his loan agreement stipulates.

Bray Boss Tony McGuirk does, however, welcome back into his squad the three players who were Cup-tied for last week's game, Gary Rogers, Chris Deans and Lee Roche.

From www.BrayWanderers.ie (http://www.braywanderers.ie/content/view/643/)

Heard that McGovern could be out for the season ?

1. Rogers

2. James
4. Tresson
5. Deans
3. W. Tyrrell

7. Caffery
8. Fox
6. Keogh
11. L. Roche

9. Doyle
10. Franco

Not much else we can do really, Vint isn't up to it and Tarzan can't do 90 minutes anymore, if we want any chance of getting anything out of the match we need 2 upfront and Franco and Doyle would be our best pair by far. Midfield looks very light but theres no one else ! Maybe draft Stephen Roche and Brian Gartland in from the U21 squad.

superfrank
30/08/2006, 7:15 PM
How long will it be before Vinty's back?

Also I'd put Davy Tyrell on the left wing. From what I've seen of Roche he's a forward.

Seagull
30/08/2006, 9:00 PM
Also I'd put Davy Tyrell on the left wing. From what I've seen of Roche he's a forward.
Tyrrell can't play against Shels...

From what I've seen of Roche he's a forward.
And from what I've seen of Doyle, he's not.

superfrank
30/08/2006, 9:04 PM
Tyrrell can't play against Shels...
Touché.

BrayUnknowns
31/08/2006, 11:18 AM
How long will it be before Vinty's back?

Vint came on as a sub on Saturday against Sligo......... Useless !

The Wanderer
31/08/2006, 12:09 PM
I cant understand TOny's tactics at all! We need rid of him and bring in a fresh face with new ideas and clear the squad out and hopefully next year we can do a bit better!

BrayUnknowns
01/09/2006, 2:45 PM
Can't see it being overturned really, extra suspensions if anything ! and all because of a ref who doesn't know how to actually ref a game of football.....

Stevo Da Gull
01/09/2006, 5:44 PM
Vint came on as a sub on Saturday against Sligo......... Useless !

I don't think he's settled in yet,i think everyone's hoping that there's more to come from him.

connaman
02/09/2006, 2:29 PM
Went to the game last night expecting a stuffing based on this seasons performances, but i have to say that it was possibly the most passionate and determined performance so far this year. I thought Colm Tresson, Colm James and Skippy played really well, i know we rode our luck for a spell in the 1st half when I think the ball must have been cleared of our line about 5 times in a 2 or 3 minute spell, having said that I think we deserved at least a draw out of the game and it was heartbreaking to concede a losing goal in the 94 minute.
I hope this performance gives the boys a lift for the rest of the season and maybe we can win a few games and be able to look to next year wiyh a little bit of optimism

BrayUnknowns
04/09/2006, 5:19 PM
I don't think he's settled in yet,i think everyone's hoping that there's more to come from him.

Ah stop out of that ! he's muck ! he was playing for the 21's on Saturday morning and he even looked out of place there ! Can't see his contract being renewed next season. Defo not good enough.......

Back to the Shels match, Daz was quality ! we really missed him for the couple of weeks he was out. Defo MOTM by a mile..... James played very well again at right back - think he could have found his best position there. Thought Doyle was excellent up front in the 1st half, won a lot in the air, held it up and was only inches away from scoring. Still think Mick Roche is a big weak link, he gets caught out of position far to often and gives away to many fouls. Skippy was very poor for the 2nd and 3rd goals.

superfrank
05/09/2006, 8:37 AM
Ah stop out of that ! he's muck ! he was playing for the 21's on Saturday morning and he even looked out of place there ! Can't see his contract being renewed next season. Defo not good enough.......
AFAIK, he's still not fully recovered from his injury. I think he could be good but he's certainly not doing the job at the moment.

Raheny Red
05/09/2006, 10:18 AM
Goals: Bray 2-3 Shels

Here are the highlights from eircom League Weekly:

http://forum.shelbournefc.ie/chat/viewtopic.php?t=6567

BrayUnknowns
05/09/2006, 10:42 AM
Goals: Bray 2-3 Shels

Here are the highlights from eircom League Weekly:

http://forum.shelbournefc.ie/chat/viewtopic.php?t=6567

Thanks for the reminder, very good of you ! :mad: :D

jonboy
07/09/2006, 11:36 AM

Back to the Shels match, Daz was quality ! we really missed him for the couple of weeks he was out. Defo MOTM by a mile..... James played very well again at right back - think he could have found his best position there. Thought Doyle was excellent up front in the 1st half, won a lot in the air, held it up and was only inches away from scoring. Still think Mick Roche is a big weak link, he gets caught out of position far to often and gives away to many fouls. Skippy was very poor for the 2nd and 3rd goals.

agree totally but you also have to look at the performance of stephen fox last friday, it was a disgrace, he cant run, wont pass, wont tackle and was partly to blame for the 3rd goal he was still on the edge of the shels box when grow scored strolling back in to midfield he was dead on his feet after 30 mins, its clear mcguirk is not in charge as he would've whipped fox off at half time

BrayUnknowns
07/09/2006, 12:00 PM
agree totally but you also have to look at the performance of stephen fox last friday, it was a disgrace, he cant run, wont pass, wont tackle and was partly to blame for the 3rd goal he was still on the edge of the shels box when grow scored strolling back in to midfield he was dead on his feet after 30 mins, its clear mcguirk is not in charge as he would've whipped fox off at half time

Agreed, but no matter how bad he plays he will always get his game.... one of Tony's favourite's. All managers rarely take there captians off though. He's suspended for Friday and Deans is also out as well as Giffey and McGovern. Willie Tyrrell and Brian Gartland are still suspended form the 21's match last week. Were seriously low on numbers for the biggest game of the season !

GK: Rogers (close call but O'Connor made 2 howlers last week that cost us)

RB: McKeever
CB: Tresson
CB: M.Roche
LB: Keogh

RM: L. Roche
CM: Caffo
CM: James
LM: D. Tyrrell

ST: Franco
ST: Doyle

Subs:
O'Connor
Tarzan
Vint
Benny
Cousins

Wayne Byrne was back for the 21's last week but is well short of match fitness so doubt he will be included in the squad, I'd also think about maybe adding youg James O'Shea to the squad, playing excellent for the 21's at the moment and recentley scored against the Irish full team for the U19's in a friendly against Germany. Paul O'Reilly and William Murphy might make the squad. Robbie Manley has finaly started to show how good he can be aswell, one of the best left foot's ever to have played for the club !

Seagull
07/09/2006, 4:04 PM
Back to the Shels match, Daz was quality ! we really missed him for the couple of weeks he was out. Defo MOTM by a mile..... Thought Doyle was excellent up front in the 1st half, won a lot in the air, held it up and was only inches away from scoring. Skippy was very poor for the 2nd and 3rd goals.

Daz, as ever, was a class apart. Couldn't agree about Doyle though, thought he was terrible. He was persistently fouling, eventually getting booked for it and spent his time walking around shaking his head at the injustice of it all! When he's crap on the wing, people say he's out of position and should be up front. Up front, he can't score and never really looks like scoring- inches away doesn't count. Laurence Roche played poorly but still nabbed a good goal playing on the right. After Doyle was moved out there, he was completely anonymous, did nothing at all. And as for Skippy...