It's on the Bohs MB that he has resigned

Block G Raptor
30/08/2006, 10:06 AM
nothing on bohemians.ie
no surprise there though
if its true I'd like to be the first to thank Rovers for doing us a big favour

Irish Fan
30/08/2006, 10:12 AM
My mate whos a Bohs fan told me Farrelly rang a board memeber this morning and told them he wont be back. Dunno how ture this is but thats wot ive herd.

hoops1
30/08/2006, 10:13 AM
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Dont go Gareth
We Love you
Farrely Must stay

BohsPartisan
30/08/2006, 10:20 AM
Please let it be true. Hope its not someone wumming!

soccerc
30/08/2006, 10:25 AM
Please let it be true. Hope its not someone wumming!

I can confirm it - Farrelly is no longer with Bohs

pete
30/08/2006, 10:30 AM
TBH surprised he lasted this long. Bohs may have a thin squad but the 1st team has decent enough players. Farrellys transfers in haven't been great either.

Irish Fan
30/08/2006, 10:32 AM
Rumour has it Alan Matthews is set to take over?!

BohsPartisan
30/08/2006, 10:33 AM
Alan Mathews? No way.

Peadar
30/08/2006, 10:34 AM
Farrelly was hounded out by the most fickle fans in the league.
I thought our fans were bad!
How many managers have you forced out in the past 6 years, 4/5?

Glad Pete Mahon and Stephen Kenny are getting the respect they deserve now. Farrelly will get his chance again.

I heard a rumour that Dolan is on his way to Dalyer.
You're welcome to each other!

sligoman
30/08/2006, 10:35 AM
Just as we were about to play them again:( :D.

BohDiddley
30/08/2006, 10:36 AM
I suppose it wasn't going to be long before someone pressed the big shiny red fickle fans button. Congratulations, Predictable Peadar.

BohsPartisan
30/08/2006, 10:39 AM

Glad Pete Mahon and Stephen Kenny are getting the respect they deserve now. Farrelly will get his chance again.

Fickle fans? I thought that was Cork. 100,000 for home games and 10 away.

If thats not fickle...
Anyway Farrelly was given 21 months to prove himself before anyone got on his back. Even then the supposed hounding was far more muted than it should have been.

And I'd be very happy if Dolan is our new manager.

Peadar
30/08/2006, 10:44 AM
Fickle fans? I thought that was Cork. 100,000 for home games and 10 away.

How does having to travel more than any other club in the league make our fans fickle?
Some of our fans who live in Cork, have to travel further across the county for a home game that you have to travel for many of your away games.

We're fickle but boy did you choose a pathetic example to try to prove it. :rolleyes:

harpskid
30/08/2006, 10:50 AM
How does having to travel more than any other club in the league make our fans fickle?

How do you work that out - we have Cobh twice, Limerick twice, Kilkenny twice, Kildare County twice etc....:ball: ;)

OneRedArmy
30/08/2006, 10:52 AM
I can see it already, Pat Dolan and the Bohez Brigade(TM).

Or maybe the Gypo Giants.......

Raheny Red
30/08/2006, 10:53 AM
This is a sad day for Irish football :( :( :(

passerrby
30/08/2006, 10:56 AM
pleazze bohs just when you were becoming likeable dont go ruining it by using pat the ****

BohsPartisan
30/08/2006, 10:57 AM
No one likes us we don't care :p

WeAreRovers
30/08/2006, 11:02 AM
if its true I'd like to be the first to thank Rovers for doing us a big favour

Anytime. Trust me it was our pleasure. :D

Peadar - In fairness Farrelly was utter pish as a manager. The bloke was having a laugh at Bohs expense. One story to illustrate it - our man of the match last night, Ger Rowe, played in a trial for Bohs, scoring twice. Big ears asked Rowe to roll up to Dalyer the next day to sign forms with Bohs. Farrelly never showed up, Pat Scully made a call and Ger Rowe became one of our best signings.

The difference between Scully and Farrelly says it all - one is professional to the core and his players reflect this. The other is a chancer whose team also reflected his character.

Thanks for the memories Gareth, you'll always have a special place in Rovers hearts. ;)

town73
30/08/2006, 11:12 AM
Alan Mathews? No way.

Agreed.

Posted on Bohs' official site:

Gareth Farrelly's Contract Terminated ::: 30/08/06

The committee of Bohemian Football Club has terminated Gareth Farrelly's contract with immediate effect. The club wishes Gareth the best of luck in his future endeavours.

bohsmug
30/08/2006, 11:14 AM
http://bohemians.ie/news.htm

BrayUnknowns
30/08/2006, 11:14 AM
Farrelly will get his chance again.

I hope it's with us ! i think he's a good manager with the added bonus of him being a very decent player as well....

bohsmug
30/08/2006, 11:15 AM
[QUOTE=Peadar;525659]Farrelly will get his chance again.[QUOTE]

I hope it's with us ! i think he's a good manager with the added bonus of him being a very decent player as well....

:eek: :eek: :eek:

ConfusedBlue
30/08/2006, 11:15 AM
Some of our fans who live in Cork, have to travel further across the county for a home game that you have to travel for many of your away games.

Yeah because Waterford and Derry are so much closer to Dublin than Cork are,you're knnowledge of geography is obviously a bit skewed!!!!And what about all the travelling involved for fans of 1st Division teams,they're the real fans!!!

sonofstan
30/08/2006, 11:16 AM
[QUOTE=Peadar;525659]Farrelly will get his chance again.[QUOTE]

what on earth makes you think he's a good manager?

Les Fluer
30/08/2006, 11:16 AM
Is he gone as a player as well?

What about Devlin. Hearing he is gone as well.

Pat Dolan will be the early favourite here i suppose.

BohsPartisan
30/08/2006, 11:19 AM

I hope its with you too! :D

pete
30/08/2006, 11:24 AM
I will pay Bohs 100 euro to employ Pat Dolan. Please. :cool:

Farrelly was not good enough. His teams could not score & could not defend. End of story.

BrayUnknowns
30/08/2006, 11:25 AM
[QUOTE=BrayUnknowns;525712][QUOTE=Peadar;525659]Farrelly will get his chance again.

what on earth makes you think he's a good manager?

You beat us 3-0 a few weeks ago, how could you not see how unlike a manager our manager is.... Support Bray for a few weeks and you will understand why.

BohsPartisan
30/08/2006, 11:31 AM
I will pay Bohs 100 euro to employ Pat Dolan. Please. :cool:

Even though he built the side that won the league for you? :p

niamh
30/08/2006, 11:36 AM
Most of the players who were crucial for winning the league were there before Dolan. And they only won the league after he left, because they were allowed be themselves on the pitch. Couldn't beat Shels with Dolan around, can't lose to them now even when the team are playing ****e.

chippie0001
30/08/2006, 1:09 PM

I reckon you have had more managers than us say in the last 15 years. In the last 7 years or so we have had 4, Roddy, Mahon, Kenny and Farrelly. How many have you had in that time?

You are talking out your ass, he has been nothing but a failure simple as that and maybe instead of criticising, you can show why we were fickle in wanting him out. Try and back it up with some facts.

hoops1
30/08/2006, 1:21 PM
The directors of Bohemian Football Club wish Gareth the best of luck in his future endeavours

:D My favourite line :D
They left out the bit - hopefully in bomb disposal and land mine clearing

NY Hoop
30/08/2006, 1:25 PM
They also left out how he was attacked by one of their own stewards on the way off the pitch.

KOH

Peadar
30/08/2006, 1:42 PM
You are talking out your ass, he has been nothing but a failure simple as that and maybe instead of criticising, you can show why we were fickle in wanting him out. Try and back it up with some facts.

The facts have already been stated.
You've hounded out all your mangers, even when they brought you success. You think no manager is good enough for you. You deserve everything you get now for the way you treated Mahon and Kenny.

BohsPartisan
30/08/2006, 1:49 PM
I don't know why anyone is bothering replying to Peader any more. He is clearly Wumming.

BohDiddley
30/08/2006, 1:52 PM
Hunt said to be in the frame for the job in the interim. Makes sense that we don't rush into anything (like we did last time).

BohsPartisan
30/08/2006, 1:53 PM
Where did you hear that? Not sure its such a great idea myself. Had enough of Player-Managers and Hunt previously said he had no interest in going into management.

Vitruvian Man
30/08/2006, 1:55 PM
BOO BOO I'm a notorious Boo Boy.

No I'm not, Yes I am, no I'm not.

Ooh I can't make up my mind I'm so fickle. Deary me.

Fans don't sack managers... results do.

Farrelly got fantastic support - far more than he deserved, and far far more than fans of any other club in this league would have given him.

Crap manager, crap footballer = the sack. Goodbye.

BOO BOO BOOOOOOOOO PEADER OUT BOOOO BOO BOOO

Dodge
30/08/2006, 1:55 PM
Rovers are in a worse state than I though if Ger Rowe is considered one of their best signings. And if they're that bad, how can Farrelly justify the result to himself. Any manager who even thinks about signing jason McGuinness should be sacked on the spot IMO.

BohDiddley
30/08/2006, 1:56 PM
Where did you hear that? Not sure its such a great idea myself. Had enough of Player-Managers and Hunt previously said he had no interest in going into management.
ireland.com has it. So has Bohsnews, in part( i.e. reporting that it's been reported) since ireland.com is subscription.
But the mods on foot.ie have said that they consider posting links to Bohsnews as spam.

Peadar
30/08/2006, 1:59 PM
Dolan is the only man who can save Bohs now...

hoops1
30/08/2006, 2:00 PM
Rovers are in a worse state than I though if Ger Rowe is considered one of their best signings.

Rowe ran himself into the ground last night. He does the same most weeks
What more can you ask for?

Sheridan
30/08/2006, 2:05 PM
Consensus amongst most sources seems to point towards Dolan (in fairness, whichever direction you point, there's a fair chance Dolan will be in the way), but Eoin Hand had been strongly linked with the job a few months back.

Also a rumour (out of RTÉ of all places) this afternoon that Sinisa Gogic was in the frame. :confused:

WeAreRovers
30/08/2006, 2:15 PM
Rovers are in a worse state than I though if Ger Rowe is considered one of their best signings. And if they're that bad, how can Farrelly justify the result to himself. Any manager who even thinks about signing jason McGuinness should be sacked on the spot IMO.

Rowe has been fantastic for us and was IMO man-of-the-match last night. I'd have thought that a man like yourself would know that players can be completely different animals under different managers. Rowe is streets ahead of Mark Quigley but Quigley played for us under Roddy.....

As for Jason McGuinness, he was dire last night. At one stage he shanked a straightforward clearance into touch and Scully laughed out loud. Scully won't be signing any of that rubbish next season. You're more than welcome to the mercenaries like Quigley and Molloy while the likes of McGuinness, Stephen Gough, Keith Doyle etc can stay where they are.

I've long believed that there's a ridiculous tendency in this country to overpay journeymen while discounting "kids" and guys who've failed once. I'm confident that Rovers and Pat Scully will show that to be the nonsense it is next season.

KOH

NY Hoop
30/08/2006, 2:18 PM
And dont forget the "once they leave Rovers to sign for the scum they turn into ****" factor. Classic example being McGuinness. Garbage last night.

How did boez fans treat Mahon? By spitting at him and going for his family is all.

KOH

chippie0001
30/08/2006, 2:21 PM
The facts have already been stated.
You've hounded out all your mangers, even when they brought you success. You think no manager is good enough for you. You deserve everything you get now for the way you treated Mahon and Kenny.

Again Peadar why were Bohs fans wrong to want him out? Please explain. Also Roddy was not hounded out. Again how many managers have you gone through in that time, more than uus so I guess your board is as fickle as ours then.

Gf was a failure, Mahon was a failure simple as. SK delivered success of that there is no doubt and has proved himself ever better since but we have hardly been houding out Wenger.Mourinho class of managers now have we. Lets see how many managerial jobs GF get again or how many big clubs Mahon ever manages.

hoops1
30/08/2006, 2:21 PM
How did Bohs fans treat Mahon and Kenny? Mahon got a few boos in his last few games, Kenny got a few boos in the last few minutes of his last game. I think Cork have gone through more managers than Bohs in recent years anyway.

That has to be the most deluded post in the history of foot.ie
Mahon in particular was hounded his family were abused at one of the matches and he is quite rightly still bitter about his treatment.
Kenny was abused tho not as much as mahon yet it was still fierce after
him winning a championship. Completely OTT. The fans completely lost the
run of themselves believeing they should be winning th league every year

A few boos dogs have had better treatment.
God your memory is short

hoops1
30/08/2006, 2:26 PM
Name the post where I defend the club for that sort of Sh1te.
Dont make statements that are blantantly false and get cranky
when your pulled on it