PDA

View Full Version : What are the FAI at...

KCFC
13/08/2002, 5:40 PM
...setting the 1st division cup final games in midweek.

How the hell do they expect us to travel up to Donegal midweek?
Just cause the clowns in merrion square don't work mostdays doesn't mean the rest of us have that luxury.

Our first ever cup final and I probably won't get to see it.

Surely they could have resheduled a league game and played the 2nd leg on a saturday as Finn Harps play their home games on saturdays.

What a load of rubbish!!

Is this what we have to look forward to as part of the FAI Eircom league!!!

I'm disgusted.

pete
13/08/2002, 6:07 PM
While I won't say this a one off & things will get any better its obvious no one :rolleyes: eventhough about the 1st division when transition season & 10 team Premier was "planned" & the 1st division cup has meerly been a once off stopgap for this short season....

btw in the old league cup days those finals would also be played midweek unless both teams had a few cup weekend or something.

The Chief
13/08/2002, 7:23 PM
Well my man the midweek fixture is only provisional, the 2nd leg may very well be played on the Friday night instead, it all depends on how Finn Harps FAI cup match goes!:mad:

Éanna
13/08/2002, 9:37 PM
Welcome to the land of the FAI. It should say everything to ye that most eL fans wouldn't be overly surprised by such incompetence.

paudie
15/08/2002, 4:11 PM
This is typical of eL administration.
It's no wonder there are so few travelling supporters when so little thought is given to facilitating them.

If I were you I'd get on to the club to ask finn Harps to change the date.

If harps think a good few away fans will travel they'll probably want to change the date and if the clubs agree the league will follow.