PDA

View Full Version : Roy Keane

Xlex
13/08/2002, 1:52 PM
Although the context of the book may have to be examined, Roy Keane has stated that he waited long and hard for the chance to exact revenge on Alf Inge Haaland. In a Manchaster Derby he finally did, and as a consequence of his actions Haaland has not started a game in 18 months and has only played 45mins of first team football. It appears that because of this tackle Haalands first team chances are severly limited. On the BBC (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/sports_talk/2190099.stm) website there is a poll on wheither Keane should be punished or not, along with some interesting comments.

What does the foot.ie member think?

pete
13/08/2002, 2:32 PM
I am so so feed up with all the Roy Keane stuff this week - saying that i think when the book comes out the FA will look at & probably charge him with something. I also think Haaland could actually have a decent enough civil case as Keane has possibly deprieved him of his living...

I suppose it depends on how Dumpy writes the book but could he be considered to be dragging Keanes reputation through the gutter?

Éanna
13/08/2002, 9:24 PM
Agree with Pete. I'm totally fed up of the guy's name. But as far as this admission goes, I don't think he should ever be allowed play again. He is obviously totally unable to control himself and show the necessary respect for his fellow players etc.,
Ban him for life. And Haaland should sue him for everything he's got-this has showed him up for the knacker he is.