PDA

View Full Version : Sticks and Ball Final

finlma
29/08/2006, 3:40 PM
The All Ireland thread seems to be consumed with football talk so here's one for the hurling final.

I really fancy our (Kilkenny) chances this weekend. Cork haven't performed well and have scraped through games. We were poor against Clare and won easily. If Henry gets a few early scores we'll push on and win.

My prediction is a 4 point victory for Kilkenny.

drinkfeckarse
30/08/2006, 8:47 AM
Up the Rebels!!

joeSoap
30/08/2006, 10:01 AM
I really fancy our (Kilkenny) chances this weekend. Cork haven't performed well and have scraped through games. We were poor against Clare and won easily. If Henry gets a few early scores we'll push on and win..

Cork beat Clare comfortably in their first game, then came through tough games against Tipp, Limerick and Waterford. Thats three tough games against higher quality opposition than Kilkenny would have faced.. They showed amazing resilience and had the deisred luck against Waterford.

Kilkenny strolled past realy poor sides in Westmeath and Wexford, were good against Galway before struggling for 65 mins to put away Clare in the last 7 or 8 mins. The margin of victory (8pts) was very flattering and if it weren't for the one man band, ye were in huge trouble.

Well, the one man band won't have it so easy on Sunday and won't get anywhere near his haul against Clare.

Cork by 3-4pts.

nedder
30/08/2006, 2:46 PM
Fancy our chances also, Kilkenny by 4 points.

Time to end this Rebel bandwagon...

finlma
04/09/2006, 2:28 PM
I wasn't too far wrong. Great performance by Kilkenny, really stopped Cork from playing. Well deserved win.