PDA

View Full Version : Wanderers season over

Seagull
29/08/2006, 2:38 PM
What's there to look forward to now, stuck at the bottom of the table, out of the Cup? Will we manage another win, who could we beat? Will we get a few draws? Will the defenders learn how to defend? Will midfield create something? Will anyone other than Franco score? Will the players show some passion? Will we be relegated (we deserve to be)? Will McGuirk do the decent thing and bog off? Will Devo re-take the reins? Will the Carlisle Grounds just get emptier and emptier? Will anyone care? :(

BrayUnknowns
29/08/2006, 3:36 PM
What's there to look forward to now, stuck at the bottom of the table, out of the Cup? Will we manage another win, who could we beat? Will we get a few draws? Will the defenders learn how to defend? Will midfield create something? Will anyone other than Franco score? Will the players show some passion? Will we be relegated (we deserve to be)? Will McGuirk do the decent thing and bog off? Will Devo re-take the reins? Will the Carlisle Grounds just get emptier and emptier? Will anyone care? :(

Take it you weren't at the match on Saturday then ? Plenty of passion on show.

Show your support for our U21's, one of the best side's in the country !

thedoyler
29/08/2006, 3:36 PM
After such a promising year last year, when we actually were only a bit back from european qualification, this is a very disapponting year on the pitch, and while a certain amount of blame must be put on the manager, its the distinct lack of effort from the players which worries me, they just dont seem to care.

Seagull
29/08/2006, 6:25 PM
Take it you weren't at the match on Saturday then ? Plenty of passion on show.

Show your support for our U21's, one of the best side's in the country !

Having put up with watching so many appaling performances, surprisingly enough I didn't drag myself to Sligo last weekend. We lost. McGuirk made the usual excuses. I shelled out for a season ticket only to watch players who can't be bothered week in, week out. I do go to the 21's home games, only good thing about the Carlisle recently.

sligoman
29/08/2006, 8:40 PM
What's the story with Devlin, is he still yer "manager" or what? Where's he gone?:confused:

Eoingull
30/08/2006, 11:41 PM
There's no doubt the season is "competitively" over, but I suppose we'll all just live on in hope of things improving. One or two victories to put a smile on the faces of the long-suffering supporters would be welcome. I still look forward to days out in Waterford and Cork in the forthcoming weeks. Regardless of results, the social side of supporting yer local club keeps on going.
There was plenty of passion up in Sligo. You could almost feel the sense of mutual despair at the end of the game, when the entire team came over and applauded the 50 or so supporters, and all of us stood up and saluted them in return. At this stage both sides are more than a little punch drunk.
I'd like the club to finally sit down and work out a way to play and organise the side, that doesn't involve massive punts down the field to a 5'6'' striker. We'll never move too far forward with this.
Tony could do with things picking up, even if it's just a few "meaningless" points earned here and there...otherwise, I feel the pressure at the start of next season could get unbearable.

sligoman
02/09/2006, 11:49 PM
What's the story with Devlin, is he still yer "manager" or what? Where's he gone?:confused:Anyone?:confused:

Stevo Da Gull
03/09/2006, 8:28 PM
Anyone?:confused:

He's not the manager anymore but AFAIK is still connected with the club in some capacity.I think he was Manager/Director Of Football so he may still be Director Of Football:confused:
But he's not the manager anymore anyway.