PDA

View Full Version : B & B or hotel in Dublin?

shakermaker1982
29/08/2006, 12:20 PM
for the all Ireland weekend (16th to 18th)? Everywhere seems to be fully booked or wanting 250 euro's a night :confused: Anybody got any tips on where I could stay.

Cheers if you can help

Rory H
29/08/2006, 12:30 PM
Gate Hotel

80 Parnell Street, Dublin 1,

its a kip but it does the job...€50 per night with breakfast...not usually booked out cos its such a dump...google it to find contact info

Peadar
29/08/2006, 4:07 PM
If I was you, I'd try ringing the Comfort Inn, Smithfield on (353) 14850900
It's new so it might not be over booked.

Remember though that the Dubs might be a bit píssed off about not being in the final. ;)

I stayed in the Paramount (http://www.paramounthotel.ie/) before and thought it was fine. Not badly priced and usually had rooms.

If all else fails, you could try the Beacon Hotel (http://www.thebeaconhoteldublin.com/) out in Sandyford.
It's at the end of the Luas line...

Babysis
29/08/2006, 4:53 PM
Myself and Green tribe stayed in the Earl of Kildare hotel when we went over for the foot.ie international friendly. Stayed there before, nice hotel.

jorge
30/08/2006, 1:12 PM
Theres a good B&B in Ballinteer,beside the Centra accross the road from Wesley College.It cant be more than E50 a night and one of the 16 bus's go to there from the airport.And Crocker.

Magicme
30/08/2006, 1:34 PM
Gate Hotel

80 Parnell Street, Dublin 1,

its a kip but it does the job...€50 per night with breakfast...not usually booked out cos its such a dump...google it to find contact info

God I did work experience there when I was in college but left coz they wouldnt let me work with my nose pierced....loved it tho coz got in free to Fibber Magees everynite during college then! I only lived over the road so was dead handy. But yeah its a bit of a kip.

The Ardmore in Finglas is nice and reasonably priced....not sure on avail tho.

The Clarence is my hovel of choice tho!

Peadar
30/08/2006, 1:44 PM

If the Clarence is a hovel, you must hate the Westbury! :D

BohsPartisan
30/08/2006, 1:52 PM
God I did work experience there when I was in college but left coz they wouldnt let me work with my nose pierced....loved it tho coz got in free to Fibber Magees everynite during college then! I only lived over the road so was dead handy. But yeah its a bit of a kip.

The Ardmore in Finglas is nice and reasonably priced....not sure on avail tho.

When were you going to Fibbers?

Magicme
30/08/2006, 2:04 PM
The reason I call the Clarence a hovel is coz I got a bad cold from staying there! Got soaked walking back from Point seeing Moby and they only had feather pillows and duvets so only had a sheet and dressing gown to keep me warm. Ended up really sick!

Went to fibbers from 92 to 94.

BohsPartisan
30/08/2006, 2:08 PM
The reason I call the Clarence a hovel is coz I got a bad cold from staying there! Got soaked walking back from Point seeing Moby and they only had feather pillows and duvets so only had a sheet and dressing gown to keep me warm. Ended up really sick!

Went to fibbers from 92 to 94.

Alright then it wasn't you I got off with that night in '95 (monaghan girl with a nose stud) :D

Magicme
30/08/2006, 2:12 PM
I should hope not!!! Was a respectful married woman in 95! But had it been prior to my 94 wedding its quite likely to have been me!

highlight100
30/08/2006, 10:47 PM
the central hotel,georges street,d2

magic moments
31/08/2006, 1:35 PM
Just booked the hotel st.george in parnell square!

Peadar
31/08/2006, 1:39 PM
Just booked the hotel st.george in parnell square!

Anywhere there is grand for town and Croker.

shakermaker1982
04/09/2006, 9:11 AM
cheers for the recommendations everyone - I tried most of em but all were booked. I've managed to wrangle a place for me and my dad that isn't that pricey. I just need a ticket now!!!!