PDA

View Full Version : Ciaran Whelan

seand
29/08/2006, 10:13 AM
Anyone else reckon Whelan's assault on McGarrity was worse than Ben Thatcher on Mendes? It was feckin savage, came in from the blind side, forearm smash in the face. Imagine the hand-wringing if he did it in a soccer match.

magic moments
29/08/2006, 12:45 PM
Exactly this guy should have been sent off no question.

UP MAYO!

Maz
29/08/2006, 3:00 PM
SHould definately have been sent off! Absolutely disgraceful decision

nshoop
29/08/2006, 3:04 PM
I hate Ciaran Whelan,he's a dirty pr*ck with limited skill and the day he gets paralysed on the pitch by some big mucka will be a great day in my life.

Kingdom
29/08/2006, 8:41 PM
There are a few ways of looking at it. I only saw the game last night but had heard no reports of this Whelan "incident".
My opinion is he's a cnut. At the walk-in before the game the camera caught one of the Dublin players reefing Whelan back by the jersey. I'm one of the minority who believe Whelan is a poseur. I mean when has he ever done it in a big game. He is reputedly the best midfielder in the country depending on which muppet you read in the press. If Clancy didn't go off injured for Laois Dublin wouldn't have won Leinster. Clancy cleaned him out of it, as was McGarritty until that beautiful act of cowardice on Sunday. Zero intention of going for the ball. Funny there was no sign of tough-man-posing when the Aussies were bating the sh!te out of little Brian Dooher and Gooch Cooper last year.
Rant over.

shakermaker1982
29/08/2006, 9:40 PM
It was a red card if I ever saw one.

drummerboy
30/08/2006, 8:27 AM
There are a few ways of looking at it. I only saw the game last night but had heard no reports of this Whelan "incident".
My opinion is he's a cnut. At the walk-in before the game the camera caught one of the Dublin players reefing Whelan back by the jersey. I'm one of the minority who believe Whelan is a poseur. I mean when has he ever done it in a big game. He is reputedly the best midfielder in the country depending on which muppet you read in the press. If Clancy didn't go off injured for Laois Dublin wouldn't have won Leinster. Clancy cleaned him out of it, as was McGarritty until that beautiful act of cowardice on Sunday. Zero intention of going for the ball. Funny there was no sign of tough-man-posing when the Aussies were bating the sh!te out of little Brian Dooher and Gooch Cooper last year.
Rant over.

I admit Whelan's tackle was a bad one. But more often than not he has been the victic of some bad tackles over the years. There was a general concensus about that if you “got stuck into Whelan he will disappear”. Perhaps the worm has turned.

By far the dirtiest, filtiest cnut to ever set foot in Croke Park, is the Kerry half-forward Galvin. For years now he has been a nasty, viscious little slieveen and whats more galling is more often than not he has got away with it. This year his antics have been shown at last.

As regards the “Dublin GAA media” I keep hearing about, most of them are from outside the capital.

cheifo
30/08/2006, 10:03 AM
C,mon NSHOOP stop sitting on the fence and tell us what you really think.
God bless foot.ie:D

joeSoap
30/08/2006, 12:22 PM
Deserving of a red....Yes. Worse than Ben Thatchers tackle....never in a milion years.

superfrank
01/09/2006, 8:49 AM
What Whelan did belonged in the wrestling ring rather then on the pitch. Disgraceful. And if you neeeded any further evidence ALL the panelists condemned it.

Kingdom
04/09/2006, 10:19 AM
By far the dirtiest, filtiest cnut to ever set foot in Croke Park, is the Kerry half-forward Galvin. For years now he has been a nasty, viscious little slieveen and whats more galling is more often than not he has got away with it. This year his antics have been shown at last.

What are you talking about? He has been pulled up by the media time and time again. Even us lot have stopped defending him. But you mean to say he's worse than Ryan "there's a head,stamp-on-it!" mcMenamin? Get real man. Galvin is no angel and never has been but he's by no means the worst. Whelan has rarely got bad media attention for his nastiness.

drinkfeckarse
06/09/2006, 7:49 AM
What are you talking about? He has been pulled up by the media time and time again.

I think he meant by the authorities. I'm sure he's not that bothered about the media showing him up.