PDA

View Full Version : Irish pubs in San Fran?

paul_oshea
29/08/2006, 8:28 AM
i know there is one on green street run by a mayo man, but I was wondering does anyone know what irish pubs in san fran will be showing the all-ireland final and minor final as I will be there on the 17th of september.

granted the minor final will be on at something like 530 in the morning, is there any chance of any pub showing it and the senior final?!?!

Metrostars
29/08/2006, 8:35 PM
Search on setanta's website:

http://www.setanta.com/portal/systemcontent/page?open&systemtitle=nappvvenuefinderb

The Legend
29/08/2006, 9:13 PM
Ireland's 32 is usually where I go... but its a good bit down on either Geary or O'Farrell, i forget which... check out the memorabilia while u are there!

Superhoops
29/08/2006, 11:11 PM
The Chieftain Bar....was run by a pal's brother......Think it's still there. You'll have to Google mind.
The Chieftan's a good spot for watching Irish sport. See here (http://www.thechieftainirishpub.com/)

lim abroad
29/08/2006, 11:19 PM
there's a good few places to go,martin mack's on haight st,cross street is clayton is a good bar run by a clare man,the kezar bar on stanyan is another,its right across the street from the kezar stadium,the abbey tavern is at 5th ave & geary,ireland's 32 is at 3rd ave & geary.there's a few more but the best one to go to is prob martin macks,followed by the kezar.bars will be open early for the games so you should have no prob there but setanta charge $20 admission.

paul_oshea
30/08/2006, 12:20 PM
i know admission and stuff, ive googled everywhere, none says for def if they are showing it htough, remember it will be 530 in the morning for the minors, what are the licensing laws over in san fran?
#
i just want to be 100% sure, as i dont want to be trapsing round san fran at that time in the morning not having a clue, when i first went to boston the world cup was on and i ended up missing all but 5 mins of the match, and still had to pay a stupid 20 dollars.

lim abroad
31/08/2006, 1:18 PM
don't know what the licencing laws are but any match i've ever wanted to see i've been able to see in the kezar no matter what time it was.i'll look up their phone number for you later and post it here

lim abroad
31/08/2006, 10:56 PM
(415)6817678 is the number for the kezar bar if you wanna call them and ask

paul_oshea
01/09/2006, 9:42 AM
cheers good man!!!