PDA

View Full Version : Fenlon Out!

Irish Fan
29/08/2006, 8:22 AM
Pat Fenlon must walk now at this stage its a disgrace! Hes a joke of a manager he cant take pressure at all he either makes a terrible sub or either gets sent off from the touchline once the heat is on!! Fenlon doesn't have a clue wot to do when he's losing ive seen this time and time again! For example on Sunday he decided to take off Gary O Neill but wot was more bizarre was he replaced him with JIM CRAWFORD and this is when they are 1-0 down to Derry! He puts Ndo the only creativity they had in midfield up front! Also when is he ever gona realise he NEEDS a new goalkeeper as Delaney and Williams are dire to say the least. Although it will probley take a few more years since hes only after noticing David Crawley is muck after 3 years! He has in my opinion he has the best squad in the league but the midget of a man just can get them to perform he cant even control himself its no surprise Shels get so many players sent off! Fenlon continuously lets the league down when Shels play in European fixtures due to his lack of motivation and poor tactical awareness. I think its time to replace Pat with a top manager such as Pat Scully or Pat Dolan who i believe could handle and motivate large squad at Shelbourne Fc!

Ronnie
29/08/2006, 8:28 AM
Delayed reaction or what - Fenlons the longest serving manager in the league, Shels are second in the table, upto a couple of weeks ago had won 12 games on the spin and are in the league cup final! Now I know they lost to Derry in the cup and your club has plenty of problems, but I don't think Fenlon is one of them.

Peadar
29/08/2006, 8:29 AM
I think its time to replace Pat with a top manager such as Pat Scully or Pat Dolan who i believe could handle and motivate large squad at Shelbourne Fc!

Pat Dolan and Ollie Byrne, When Two Ego's Collide! :D
Where can I get tickets for this???

Raheny Red
29/08/2006, 8:45 AM
Pat Dolan

Fuc|< off. :mad:

Irish Fan
29/08/2006, 8:50 AM
See that's the attitude I always gets Fenlon this Fenlon that. The fact is Fenlon is not a good manager and cant handle being under pressure or the big players. This is proven whenever Shels are underdogs he can pull it off put even the last month or so people ever since people started to tip Shels for the League after there good running of results things have went dead again....you know why this is...Fenlon cant handle pressure! Ok maybe Dolan isnt the correct man to lead Shels but i think Pat Scully would be up to the job! Please tell me theres some Shels fans that agree with me? Surely yous have noticed this trend by now?!

Philo
29/08/2006, 8:56 AM
I think its time to replace Pat with a top manager such as Pat Scully or Pat Dolan who i believe could handle and motivate large squad at Shelbourne Fc!

I don't think Shelbourne will have to worry about the large squad for much longer.

chippie0001
29/08/2006, 9:36 AM
Joking aside, if/when we sack Farrelly, Fenlon is one manager I would not like to see at Bohs. Not that there is much chance of it.

For the money he spent and the squad he built he has not done very well with it. He has won a couple of leagues but at this stage he should have a lot more trophies under his belt. If you look at the job Kenny has done at Derry on far less resource it shows the difference in ability. Wonder is there any chance he would want the Bogs job. :(

Raheny Red
29/08/2006, 9:49 AM
Wonder is there any chance he would want the Bogs job. :(

Nah, they're shÍt, as you'd know. ;)

Dodge
29/08/2006, 9:50 AM
Although I think Kenny is better, I'd absolutely take Fenlon as manager of Pats. Collins can **** off though

Strabane_Harp
29/08/2006, 9:56 AM
Pat Dolan and Ollie Byrne, When Two Ego's Collide! :D
Where can I get tickets for this???

it might work, they could just sit and tell each other how great and mis-understood they each are. Then retire to the local McDonalds for supersize me the sequel

BrayUnknowns
29/08/2006, 10:44 AM
Pat Fenlon must walk now at this stage its a disgrace! Hes a joke of a manager he cant take pressure at all he either makes a terrible sub or either gets sent off from the touchline once the heat is on!! Fenlon doesn't have a clue wot to do when he's losing ive seen this time and time again! For example on Sunday he decided to take off Gary O Neill but wot was more bizarre was he replaced him with JIM CRAWFORD and this is when they are 1-0 down to Derry! He puts Ndo the only creativity they had in midfield up front! Also when is he ever gona realise he NEEDS a new goalkeeper as Delaney and Williams are dire to say the least. Although it will probley take a few more years since hes only after noticing David Crawley is muck after 3 years! He has in my opinion he has the best squad in the league but the midget of a man just can get them to perform he cant even control himself its no surprise Shels get so many players sent off! Fenlon continuously lets the league down when Shels play in European fixtures due to his lack of motivation and poor tactical awareness. I think its time to replace Pat with a top manager such as Pat Scully or Pat Dolan who i believe could handle and motivate large squad at Shelbourne Fc!

Jesus i wish we had your ON THE FIELD PROBLEMS !

finnpark
29/08/2006, 11:41 AM
I have to agree. I said same thing many time years ago. He has spent more money than Derry and Cork put together and still is inferior. I think its time for a change there. He seems to have no system and no organisation skills at all. His unprofessionalism is also 2nd to none. Must go I think also. And perhaps they should look at a more experienced manager abroad to make the strides in Europe.

finnpark
29/08/2006, 11:42 AM
I also agree about the keepers - disasters. Forde for Derry is worse though - disaster in the waiting.

thejollyrodger
29/08/2006, 1:40 PM
wise up

dcfcsteve
29/08/2006, 2:57 PM
I also agree about the keepers - disasters. Forde for Derry is worse though - disaster in the waiting.

Ehhhh??? :confused:

Forde was one of the best keepers in Ireland last year. This year he had a bit of a shaky period earlier in the season, but he's through that and is back in top-form again now.

There's been a few games where he has single-handedly (well, more like both-handedly...) kept us in it with some fine saves. He was awesome against Gothenborg in Sweden, for example.

Anto McC
29/08/2006, 5:43 PM

What a clown!!

You haven't got a clue what you're talking about!

LeixlipRed
29/08/2006, 5:45 PM
Fenlon is a legend. It would take 2 or 3 seasons of mediocrity before I'd want to see him go. Kenny is without doubt the best manager in the EL though. And a true gent as well

sfc red
30/08/2006, 2:28 PM
gob****e of the highest order. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Fenlon is a legend

BohsPartisan
30/08/2006, 2:47 PM
He sure is, as are all Hobbits. :D

Shelsman
30/08/2006, 4:41 PM
What a clown!!

You haven't got a clue what you're talking about!

Surely you can argue some points rather than just call the guy a clown? Or at least argue with some of his points FIRST and THEN call him a clown :D

holidaysong
30/08/2006, 7:34 PM
Although it will probley take a few more years since hes only after noticing David Crawley is muck after 3 years!

Crawley wanted to come back home during the transfer window there and he was told by Fenlon that he was staying put!

LeixlipRed
30/08/2006, 7:48 PM
We have adequate cover at left full so I don't know why Pat won't let him go. Can't see him staying past the end of the season. Dave is a really comitted lad but he's just lacking any sort of pace or awareness. Useful against the poor teams with his crossing and free kick ability but barring that he's definitely not good enough for Shels

The Sheliban
30/08/2006, 7:56 PM
Don't know what all the "spent a fortune" stuff is about. Most of the squad were acquired for free - which shows how astute he is.

So he wins 12 games on the trot and then has three winless games. This apparently shows he can't handle pressure. Like the only managers who can handle pressure are the ones that win every game?

EnDai
30/08/2006, 9:58 PM
The only player he ever got Ollie to pay a fee for was Jayo - and I think we can all agree that was money very well spent! :D Personally, I think Nutsy's great. Sometimes baffling with his subs, but he has a plan, and let him work with it. Its his first managerial job, and he's doing an incredible job, tbh.

BohsPartisan
31/08/2006, 9:09 AM
The problem is not the fees, its the wages. With the players $h€l€ have, and the wage bill they have you'd expect them to be running away with the league every year. You'd have expected them to have won at least one Setanta Cup.
Before you ask, given the chance, I'm not too sure I'd like Nutsy as our next manager. I'd give him a chance but he'd be down the list of managers I'd like to see at Bohs.

Longfordian
31/08/2006, 10:50 AM
The only player he ever got Ollie to pay a fee for was Jayo - .

Untrue. Sean Dillon was sold for €40,000, not that Ollie's gotten round to paying all of it yet of course :rolleyes:

Student Mullet
31/08/2006, 11:13 AM
Alan Calwley?

LeixlipRed
31/08/2006, 3:38 PM
The Cawley thing was done sneakily by Ollie, deducted prize money which I think we got back eventually. And afaik we didn't pay a penny for Dillo. Wasn't he out of contract?

Longfordian
31/08/2006, 3:46 PM
He was under 23 so we got a transfer fee. €40,000.00. It would have been decided by a tribunal like with Cawley if ye hadn't coughed up what we wanted. Ye still owe us a few grand of it.

EnDai
31/08/2006, 3:49 PM
Cheque's in the post! ;)

Longfordian
31/08/2006, 4:02 PM
"I'll have it tomorrow I swear.."

DmanDmythDledge
31/08/2006, 5:05 PM
The Cawley thing was done sneakily by Ollie, deducted prize money which I think we got back eventually.
Are you saying that Shels effectively got Cawley for free?

LeixlipRed
31/08/2006, 5:54 PM
Effectively yes. Though of course I'm only going on hearsay here. The money from The Cawley deal was taken out of that season's prize money. supposedly, Ollie managed to not pay that money or get it refunded after the "media circus" had died down. That was what the rumour was. I'm not basing this on facts I know or anything so make of it what you will

hoopy
01/09/2006, 6:23 AM
Interesting to see what sort of side Shels will have next season. From talking to a few players it seems inevitable that most want away because of the fear of non payment. If I was a Shels fan I'd be very happy that they're still giving 100% every week,being very professional, knowing they'll be moving on at the end of the season

BohDiddley
01/09/2006, 11:02 AM
I see Nutsy is in The Irish Times, pointedly refusing to rule himself out of the Bohs job: "I'm not getting dragged into it; I've nothing to say on it at all."
If he wants not to get dragged into it, shouldn't he simply kiss the Shels crest and say he's not interested?

LeixlipRed
01/09/2006, 11:26 AM
Why would he kiss the Shels crest Diddley? He's not even a Shels fan ffs. Harwich Town fan last time I checked

WeAreRovers
01/09/2006, 11:52 AM
Why would he kiss the Shels crest Diddley? He's not even a Shels fan ffs. Harwich Town fan last time I checked

Nutsy's a Rovers fan, born and bred. Pays into all our games - unlike managers of other clubs. Was on the Connacht St side the other night. That said, he's already played for the gypos so managing them probably wouldn't be too much of a leap for him.

AFAIK he's not a happy camper at Shels so I wouldn't be surprised to see him at Dalymount.

KOH

LeixlipRed
01/09/2006, 12:18 PM
I know he's a Rovers fan. And I'm sure he'd dedicate himself to any club willing to pay him the right money. I don't think there are any Shels fans under any allusions that Pat will stay at Shels forever

nshoop
01/09/2006, 11:10 PM
Nutsy says he's a hoop and tells of how he went to Milltown, which he did, but he has a funny way of showing his love for rovers. For example, at the friendly at the start of the season, he could be clearly heard telling his players to put the boot in on the rovers players as he ran up and down the touchline shouting abuse at rovers players and the officials accompanied by *****r number two, eamon collins. He's also been sent off against us a good few times. I know that Nutsy is a firey character and I actually think that he knows a lot about the game of football, but since he left us he has shown nothing but contempt for the hoops, bar the odd pop into the shels bar to robbie gaffney and co. Wouldn't mind us having him as manager though.

pete
02/09/2006, 11:25 AM
So will Fenlon (rovers fan) be moving to Bohs to put the final nail in the coffin just all those former rovers players at Dalymount?

:D

dynamo kerry
02/09/2006, 11:46 AM
how soon they forget. williams was seen as the messiah for the longest time.

on another note: fenlon may be limited but he's hardly a joke

jdexter
04/09/2006, 9:25 AM
Fenlon must go!