PDA

View Full Version : We are in a Cup Final!!!

KCFC
12/08/2002, 10:41 AM
Sorry Limerick but well done Kildare County on reaching the First Division cup final. Sod the knockers and begrudgers and bring on Finn Harps.

We will be the underdogs but with only 1 goal conceeded in 5 games we should have nothing to fear. We are in good form for the start of the season proper and credit to the players and management and officials for the way they've gotten this club off the ground and playing well.

Exciting times in Station Road at the moment and lets hope we keep it going. The results speak for themselves and thats what will keep the crowds and sponsorship coming.

Keep it up lads. We're right behind you.

I know everything in the garden is rosy but hey who cares, I'm enjoying it so lets milk it while we can.

pete
12/08/2002, 11:28 AM
Good chance to win the first competition ye ever play in + keep for ever (as don't think be 1st div cup again?)

Is it a two legged cup or once off?

The Chief
12/08/2002, 11:34 AM
Hey KCFC would you like to meet for lunch?

I wouldn't mind some nice high nutritional/high energy CHEESE sandwiches now or actually I could do with an oul' large HADDOCK and mushy peas, I mean after all I have a very important 5 - a - side match tomorrow night.

Maybe we should just order a pizza instead??:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

The Chief
12/08/2002, 11:37 AM
Pete it is a two legged final.

How do you think we will fare against Finn Harps, I mean you know their standard, will they be too much for us?:confused:

KCFC
12/08/2002, 12:25 PM
Thanks for the offer Chief but I'll stick to my cheese sandwhiches.

If its good enough for the FAI and Mick McCarthy then surely its good enough for the likes of you and me.

Then again the prospect of running around a pitch tomorrow night for 90 mins with a belly and bloodstream full of deepfried haddock and chips is mighty appealing.

If its good enough for the FA and Jack Charlton then surely its good enough for the likes of you and me.

Isn't it??

paudie
15/08/2002, 4:07 PM
Congrats on getting to the cup final lads.

Good to see good crowds going to the games as well.

Does the club have development plans for the ground? This is nearly as important as the results as fans will not go when the results are bad, especially if the facilities are poor.

Kilkenny City is a good example of well planned gradual developments improving the ground.

Try to get to a few away games if you can as the craic can be good.

The Chief
15/08/2002, 5:29 PM
Paudie

Well there is big plans for development within the club, the potential for development is massive, but like everything else the funding will be hard to come by. Currently planning permission is being sought for a covered Stand to run the length of one side of the pitch. We will probably have to try to get one main sponsor for the stand, I dunno it's going to be difficult.

Yesterday we got permission off the council for the floodlights, the ******* council took their time and delayed the permission with a load of **** about Glare tests. So because of that we have to bring all our kick offs to 6 p.m. in the evening at the latest.

The Supporters club was formed last night and will be responsible for the away match buses etc. so don't worry we will have representatives at every away match I reckon.
Are you a member of a supporters club? because I would love to get a copy of a supporters club constitution on membership etc. that I could refer to when putting our own together! What club do you support?

pete
15/08/2002, 5:31 PM
Glare tests.

whats that?

is the ground near the town & hosues or something?

:confused:

The Chief
16/08/2002, 9:28 AM
Pete

Yeah the ground is beside a train station and there is a bridge and busy road running beside the ground, so the council had to make sure the glare from the lights didn't affect motorists and the trains etc. but the feckers took their time doing the tests and employed ususal county council stalling tactics. I think they get a buzz out of the power they have, and I wouldn't mind the people in the council are ordinary joe soaps like you and I, what is it that once they walk through the county council doors they turn into morons.

Anyhow it will be about another five to six weeks I think before the lights are up.

Pete are you involved in a supporters club, because we need any advice we can get with our own one!

pete
16/08/2002, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by The Chief
Pete are you involved in a supporters club, because we need any advice we can get with our own one!

No but i'm thinking of take a leave out of Alan Hunters (IFSA) book & creating one with the list (database) of names in my email address book...

;)