PDA

View Full Version : When's the quarter final draw?

Pages : [1] 2

Poor Student
26/08/2006, 9:12 PM
Is the next FAI Cup draw on Monday?

pineapple stu
27/08/2006, 1:11 AM
I assume so, but don't know for sure. Next round's the end of September, so it'd want to be soon.

nshoop
27/08/2006, 1:19 AM
Don't think bobby will be doing the draw again anyway.Did you see his face when he drew out dublin city in the last draw?He thought they must've been a big team by the name,it was funny at the time.Should be on rte at about 6:30 or slightly earlier whatever day it's on.

sligoman
27/08/2006, 1:22 AM
I'd say Monday too. I've emailed the FAI anyway to see what(if any) they say.

sligoman
27/08/2006, 1:27 AM
Sligo at home please.Wouldn't prefer Killester or a first division side no?:rolleyes:

sligoman
27/08/2006, 1:29 AM
I demand revenge for last years cup exit :mad:Get over it!:p

pineapple stu
27/08/2006, 1:43 AM
Sligo at home please.
Ditto. :)

DmanDmythDledge
27/08/2006, 1:49 AM
Ditto. :)
Seriously how many?

Killester at home would be most people's preffered draw.

Neish
27/08/2006, 11:21 AM
I'd say the Draw will be monday week after the replays have been sorted out.

1 9 2 8
27/08/2006, 11:33 AM
I'd love Shams at home

Rory H
27/08/2006, 1:33 PM
true.but harps[if they beat athlone] away would be class too....

Dodge
27/08/2006, 4:21 PM
GIve me Killester at home. Would think the winner of Shels/Derry the team to avoid

Poor Student
27/08/2006, 8:25 PM
I'd like Derry at home. They've got to be put out at some stage if someone else is to win the cup. Better to get them slap bang in the middle of their fixture congestion and far away from Derry. Their fans also make a better occasion that anyone else. I wouldn't fancy our chances but there's no European spot for finishing runner up to them so may as well get them over and done with. Also hope the winners of Harps/Athlone draw Killester so there's a lower placed team left in the semi finals.

OneRedArmy
27/08/2006, 8:31 PM
Anybody.

Anywhere.

DmanDmythDledge
27/08/2006, 8:32 PM
I'd like Derry at home. They've got to be put out at some stage if someone else is to win the cup. Better to get them slap bang in the middle of their fixture congestion and far away from Derry. Their fans also make a better occasion that anyone else. I wouldn't fancy our chances but there's no European spot for finishing runner up to them so may as well get them over and done with. Also hope the winners of Harps/Athlone draw Killester so there's a lower placed team left in the semi finals.
What about getting to the semis and being on TV? Once we avoid Derry and Sligo away I'm happy. And then get Derry home in the semis:rolleyes:

De Town
27/08/2006, 8:37 PM
Anybody.

Anywhere.
While some people may find that very arrogant, you've got a right to say it! Derry are the team to avoid in the draw. While I know we're not through yet, I'm confident of going through and I feel we could beat any of the teams on any given day apart from Derry.

sligoman
27/08/2006, 8:40 PM
I've have a very bad feeling we're gonna get a **** draw-Derry away:eek:. Hope not. Also hope Killester don't get Derry, don't wanna make it easy for them;)

Poor Student
27/08/2006, 8:40 PM
What about getting to the semis and being on TV? Once we avoid Derry and Sligo away I'm happy. And then get Derry home in the semis:rolleyes:

Nah, don't want to get that close to the cup with the torment of knowing Derry stand in the way. It'd also be the first game after they get back from Paris as long as it isn't pushed with their rearranged schedule. I imagine UCD v Derry would have a fair chance of being televised.

sligoman
27/08/2006, 8:42 PM
I imagine UCD v Derry would have a fair chance of being televised.Depends on what other draws come out...Rovers Vs. Shams would have more chance in my opinion.

Poor Student
27/08/2006, 8:43 PM
Depends on what other draws come out...Rovers Vs. Shams would have more chance in my opinion.

I think 2 are being televised.

De Town
27/08/2006, 8:44 PM
I imagine UCD v Derry would have a fair chance of being televised.

With UCD being the obvious attraction :D

nshoop
27/08/2006, 8:46 PM
Anybody.

Anywhere.

Do ya hear this?,f*ck derry,I'd happily get yous in the brandywell after bores.I'm just glad you knocked the last good footballing side out besides us.

sligoman
27/08/2006, 8:52 PM
I think 2 are being televised.Oh good, hope we get on tv so:D.
I'm just glad you knocked the last good footballing side out besides us.As a matter of interest. Apart from Bohs, which of the remaining teams have you seen play this season?:confused:

Poor Student
27/08/2006, 8:57 PM
Oh good, hope we get on tv so:D.

You've a one in two chance. Killester at home would probably ensure no TV though.;)

sligoman
27/08/2006, 9:00 PM
You've a one in two chance. Killester at home would probably ensure no TV though.;)Well I'd be at the game anyway so would prefer an easy passage to the semi's then playing a hard team on tv:D.

nshoop
27/08/2006, 9:04 PM
As a matter of interest. Apart from Bohs, which of the remaining teams have you seen play this season?:confused:

The first division teams,derry,I'm reliablely informed that wford and longford are still sh*te by tv3 and supporters I meet at internationals and ucd are ucd,gritty and tough to beat if you don't play good football.Sligo seem alright from what I've seen on tv3 but do they pass the ball or hoof it?

OneRedArmy
27/08/2006, 9:04 PM
Do ya hear this?,f*ck derry,I'd happily get yous in the brandywell after bores.I'm just glad you knocked the last good footballing side out besides us.I'd be happy to get a First Division side at home.

Don't forget to bring your passports.

De Town
27/08/2006, 9:06 PM
I'm reliablely informed that wford and longford are still sh*te by tv3 and supporters I meet at internationals

I wouldn't mind drawing ye, but in fairness, I don't think we'll get the chance to play ye, coz Bohs will beat Rovers IMO.

nshoop
27/08/2006, 9:08 PM
I'd be happy to get a First Division side at home.

Don't forget to bring your passports.

Yeah,it would be nice to remind everybody who the best supporters in Ireland are,and the win would be enjoyable aswell.Bit of liam coyle is a traitor and maggie thatchers' red and white army for old time sake aswell.

Poor Student
27/08/2006, 9:09 PM
Yeah,it would be nice to remind everybody who the best supporters in Ireland are

That'd be Derry.

nshoop
27/08/2006, 9:11 PM
I wouldn't mind drawing ye, but in fairness, I don't think we'll get the chance to play ye, coz Bohs will beat Rovers IMO.

Sorry,I've forgotten again,what does IMO stand for?I don't want yous after bores because I don't like standing in the p*ssing rain watching a match behind an 8ft fence:mad:

nshoop
27/08/2006, 9:12 PM
That'd be Derry.

No,would you like to phone a friend?

OneRedArmy
27/08/2006, 9:13 PM
Yeah,it would be nice to remind everybody who the best supporters in Ireland areWe know, but thanks, any external validation is always well received.

3,000 to Scotland, 600 or 700 to Shels today.

The last time you came to the Brandywell you brought 100 and they fought with each other.

Keeping digging.

Poor Student
27/08/2006, 9:20 PM

I'll phone OneRedArmy.;)

The Stars
27/08/2006, 9:22 PM
Anyone at home or Derry,Harps,Killester or Shams away would do me.

nshoop
27/08/2006, 9:25 PM
We know, but thanks, any external validation is always well received.

3,000 to Scotland, 600 or 700 to Shels today.

The last time you came to the Brandywell you brought 100 and they fought with each other.

Keeping digging.

If we get yous in the cup we'll bring up atleast 600 or 700 and this is a first division club.We've been bringing around 200-300 all around Ireland consistently this year,the cobh trip was great with a great crowd.If yous were in our situation you'd have about 600 at home games as you did for years.Enjoy your trip on the derry bandwagon while it lasts,meanwhile we'll just support our club through thick and thin and wait for the enevitable sixteenth league trophy.

OneRedArmy
27/08/2006, 10:01 PM
If we get yous in the cup we'll bring up atleast 600 or 700 and this is a first division club.We've been bringing around 200-300 all around Ireland consistently this year,the cobh trip was great with a great crowd.If yous were in our situation you'd have about 600 at home games as you did for years.Enjoy your trip on the derry bandwagon while it lasts,meanwhile we'll just support our club through thick and thin and wait for the enevitable sixteenth league trophy.I haven't been to Cobh in years, nice is it?

Anyway, I'd be happy to draw Rovers. Remind me what happened in 2002 again?

DmanDmythDledge
27/08/2006, 10:02 PM
The first division teams,derry,I'm reliablely informed that wford and longford are still sh*te by tv3 and supporters I meet at internationals and ucd are ucd,gritty and tough to beat if you don't play good football.Sligo seem alright from what I've seen on tv3 but do they pass the ball or hoof it?
Longford played the ball on the deck on the two occasions I've seen them play this season. UCD are tough to beat because we have a solid defence as well as a team who play the ball on the ground.

And would you drop the condescending attitude just because people don't agree with you.

Dodge
28/08/2006, 12:08 AM
nshoop, can you relax a little. Maybe wait ten minutes after reading apost to respond to it...

dcfcsteve
28/08/2006, 12:29 AM
I'd like Derry at home. They've got to be put out at some stage if someone else is to win the cup. Better to get them slap bang in the middle of their fixture congestion and far away from Derry. Their fans also make a better occasion that anyone else. I wouldn't fancy our chances but there's no European spot for finishing runner up to them so may as well get them over and done with.

Why no Euro spot for the Cup runners up if we qualified for Europe through the league ?

Also hope the winners of Harps/Athlone draw Killester so there's a lower placed team left in the semi finals.

But that would risk aving a dreadful looking stadium as the home veneue fro a televised semi-final - which wouldn't be good for the league.

I'd like a City v Harps semi at the Brandywell, as a decent cup run would generate good money for Harps at a time that they need it.

nshoop
28/08/2006, 1:30 AM
And would you drop the condescending attitude just because people don't agree with you.

:confused: :rolleyes: ,bless.

alabama rover
28/08/2006, 1:49 AM
Yeah,it would be nice to remind everybody who the best supporters in Ireland are,and the win would be enjoyable aswell.Bit of liam coyle is a traitor and maggie thatchers' red and white army for old time sake aswell.

Thats a bit out of order NSHoop! letsbeat Bohs and avoid Derry!

KOH

Speranza
28/08/2006, 1:57 AM
nshoop and his attitude = "no-one likes us we don't care" while every other poster views it as "please hate Rovers, we need attention here, please just some feckin hate, WE STILL EXIST"

I can't ever remember having home attendances of 600 but you would obviously know better. I do envy your club of the people and how they were going to sue Ollie for wild accusations but then, oh yeah, who's pockets are you filling this year?

A Sham :D giving us abuse about bandwagon doesn't merit a response but then again I am envious of the crowds of 10,000+ you got when every taxi driver in Dublin went down to Milltown/car park. Where are those boyos now?

Any idea when the schools start back so we can get rid of the idiocy?

mypost
28/08/2006, 2:02 AM
I think everyone would gladly take home to Athlone.

RĂ©iteoir
28/08/2006, 2:53 AM
That'd be Derry.

No - the answer is Derry

carrickharp
28/08/2006, 7:29 AM
Eh any word of when the draw is?

seand
28/08/2006, 7:55 AM
Dublinharp, do you really expect us, or anyone, to tell you when the draw for the cup is? If we did that, people might know about it. The papers might cover it. It could even be considered promoting the game. Shame on you all of for even asking!

And by the way, Dundalk are the bestest supported team in Ireland ever ever...FACT (see, I wrote it in capital letters, so it has to be true). Has any other Irish club played in front of 100,000? Thought not! ;-)

Irish Fan
28/08/2006, 8:26 AM
Although they do have there problems i do believe Shamrock Rovers are the best fans in the league.

Dodge
28/08/2006, 9:57 AM
Start a new thread if you like but no more stoopid arguements over who ahs the bigger/better fans. Don't have me to tap the sign...

This thread is about the draw only...

charliesboots
28/08/2006, 10:02 AM
Has any other Irish club played in front of 100,000? Thought not! ;-)

Pats played Iran in a friendly in the late 80's i think (Dodge??) and there were about 100,000 at it, all men too!!

Rang the FAI to find out about the draw and nobody knows, "theres nobody around to answer your query can you call back later?" was the response.