PDA

View Full Version : Bohs v Rovers replay

Pages : [1] 2

nshoop
25/08/2006, 10:31 PM
3 questions lads,is this game on tuesday all ticket again,did tg4 say they would show it and who do yous reckon will win?

DmanDmythDledge
25/08/2006, 10:38 PM
Rovers seemed to play the better football tonight. Bohs were able to keep possesion of the ball for a lot of the first half bu weren't able to create that many chances for the amount of the ball they had. I think if Rovers approach the game with the attitude of prioritising keeping a clean sheet rather than score they will be able to win. Rovers were able to stretch Bohs many times with counter attacks and if their right winger hadn't been greedy on a few occassions Rovers would have won tonight.

dfx-
25/08/2006, 10:57 PM
Apparently it's not all ticket, no, Boez still have to be favourites by default if nothing else

CharlesThompson
25/08/2006, 11:11 PM
I'd still say that Bohs will win this tie although a little bit more tentatively than I was saying before last nights borefest. Rovers had their chance to put Bohs down tonight with two minutes left - I doubt we could be this bad again.

nshoop
25/08/2006, 11:28 PM
I think the wide pitch will suit us as it always has as we use the wings and pass the ball around.If our finishing is better and we keep the sort of tempo we saw in the second half up,I think we'll win.It's good it's not all ticket for attendance purposes but I'd say the gards are ****ed off tonight with the draw,mind you,they're wasn't any trouble tonight so they must have done something right

mypost
26/08/2006, 1:24 AM
I think that Rovers had their chance tonight when Bohs didn't turn up for the second half.

Jaysus, some bozos here dismissed our chances out of hand before the first game, and because we're still in after it, it's "Rovers had their chance" now :rolleyes:. You cannot predict the outcome, there are no favourites and no underdogs. Logic, league position, form, and squads mean nothing in this derby. This tie is a long way from being over, and may well go all the way to penos.

BohDiddley
26/08/2006, 10:18 AM
Last night's second half was one of the most dismal Bohs performances I've seen in a very poor season. We just fell apart in the second half.
At the same time, I suspect that we saw Rovers at the top of their game, even though, apart from the Cassidy fiasco, they never carried a serious threat.
With luck, this won't happen again.

Passive
26/08/2006, 11:02 AM
apart from the Cassidy fiasco, they never carried a serious threat.

You must be very calm if you reckon that a clearance off the line, a ball shot directly across the 6 yard box, and a scramble following a corner don't represent a "serious threat".

Played you off the park last night.

Buller
26/08/2006, 12:32 PM
I wouldn't set foot in Tallaght between now and Tuesday as I expect many petty muggings to take place there as the poverty-stricken ones try and scrounge enough money together to pay for a ticket to see their beloved Hoops get slain an the Home of Irish Football. ;) :cool:

Yeah.... keep dreaming...
Super performance by the hoops in the second half!!

LeixlipRed
26/08/2006, 12:48 PM
mind you,they're wasn't any trouble tonight so they must have done something right

Click here (http://www.rte.ie/news/2006/0826/dublin.html)

DmanDmythDledge
26/08/2006, 12:50 PM
Click here (http://www.rte.ie/news/2006/0826/dublin.html)
There was no trouble inside the ground.

Jaime
26/08/2006, 1:02 PM

Think there might have been a Rovers fan ejected for some over-enthusiastic goal celebrations. :confused:

DmanDmythDledge
26/08/2006, 1:08 PM
Think there might have been a Rovers fan ejected for some over-enthusiastic goal celebrations. :confused:
Seen him being ejected. Wouldn't really consider over-enthusiastic goal celebrations trouble though.

LeixlipRed
26/08/2006, 1:08 PM

Doesn't negate the fact that there was trouble during the night between fans of both clubs. And it makes headline news on rte.ie. Fantastic publicity for the league

DmanDmythDledge
26/08/2006, 1:11 PM
And Rovers fans were shown on TV throwing bottles at Bohs players as they left the ground. They were probably on their board though so nothing will happen :cool:

Doesn't negate the fact that there was trouble during the night between fans of both clubs. And it makes headline news on rte.ie. Fantastic publicity for the league
The point was made that the guards and stewards must have done something right in and around the ground, which was true. There was nothing they could do to prevent the stuff being thrown on the pitch.

Réiteoir
26/08/2006, 2:07 PM
No - he's referring to the "trouble" which occurred 2/3 miles from Tolka Park.

It was a public order matter (as admitted by Garda Spokserson), which had nothing to do with either club.

Have to give credit to the Gardaí that no trouble occurred inside or around the ground last night

DmanDmythDledge
26/08/2006, 2:29 PM
I know what he was referring to- I was talking about a different quote.

but I'd say the gards are ****ed off tonight with the draw,mind you,they're wasn't any trouble tonight so they must have done something right

Vitruvian Man
26/08/2006, 2:41 PM
In the first half Scumrocks played nervous football and Bohs completely dominated. They were lucky we only scored one goal. In the second half Rovers upped their game and dominated, Bohs were playing the nervous football and we were lucky they only scored one goal. I suppose since rovers had their domination second we were the ones who have to be happy with the draw.

It was poor game of football though with very little bite and a lot of hoofing.

Somebody said to me afterwards that it was probably the lowest quality derby ever. In the past when Bohs had ****e teams Rovers were good and recently rovers have been ****e and we have been good but both sides on the pitch last night were poor sides. Rovers in particular I felt lacked quality in all areas of the pitch apart from goalkeeper.

I suppose Rovers have an excuse "If you pay peanuts you get monkeys" Bohs have nothing to talk about, it shows how Farrelly has managed to assemble a lackluster squad on top dollar.

I predict a Bohs win for the replay - but it will be close. I can easily see a 1-1 scoreline at full time in the next one too. Extra time and penos are not things i would rule out. But Bohs do have about 4 or 5 quality players in the squad and that should make the differance

hoopy
26/08/2006, 3:20 PM
Rovers in particular I felt lacked quality in all areas of the pitch apart from goalkeeper.

I suppose Rovers have an excuse "If you pay peanuts you get monkeys" Bohs have nothing to talk about, it shows how Farrelly has managed to assemble a lackluster squad on top dollar.

To be honest I'd rather have our two full backs than your's. Where did you get that left back from:eek: . Anyway agree with your general assessment, what people don't mention however and other clubs' players have noticed is Bohs looking for as many throws, corners and frees as possible. Where is all this free flowing football Farrelly was promising?

sonofstan
26/08/2006, 3:27 PM
Where is all this free flowing football Farrelly was promising?

Just around that corner we're about to turn

mypost
26/08/2006, 4:28 PM
Last night's second half was one of the most dismal Bohs performances I've seen in a very poor season. We just fell apart in the second half.
At the same time, I suspect that we saw Rovers at the top of their game, even though, apart from the Cassidy fiasco, they never carried a serious threat.
With luck, this won't happen again.

In the second half, you saw a run-of-the-mill Rovers-Bohs derby, and expect more of the same in the replay.

Raheny Red
26/08/2006, 4:53 PM

Exactly, a very considerable distance away from Tolka and something must have been organised for this tripe!

Vitruvian Man
26/08/2006, 5:47 PM
[QUOTE=hoopy;523177]To be honest I'd rather have our two full backs than your's. Where did you get that left back from:eek: ./QUOTE]

The only thing I will say in defense of Connor Powell is that he is very young. He only did his leaving cert this year. He isn't bad player and some people have high hopes for him.

He actually had a good first half and I think it was because he was over the Bohs side and was getting lots of support from the crowd. When he went over to the other side and you "animals" :D started being really rude to him he just went to pieces.

On the other hand our other full back is rubbish with no excuse for it. I would swap him for your right back. I know Ger O'Brien - he's a nice guy, and it was with a really heavy heart that I gave him dogs abuse from the stand.

hoopy
26/08/2006, 7:48 PM
I think with full time training next season(hopefully it's with us) Ger will become the best full back in the league

cheifo
26/08/2006, 8:10 PM
I watched second half on TG4 and thought good atmosphere, reasonable match.

nshoop
26/08/2006, 9:50 PM
In most first division v premier division games if it's a draw you would say that the underdog had it's chance,got a draw,but wont be able to survive in the replay,nothing left in the tank etc.I think though that in this case,having played against bohs now,our team realise that they can beat bohs and with the big pitch and our style of football,using the width,I would fancy ourselves to go through.It's all about which team settles really.

dublin15bohs
26/08/2006, 9:52 PM
connor powell can do a good job at left back if he gets run of games he looked bad cause the passes back to him in the second half were terrible is there any footage of farrelly actualy moving out of the centre circle. Rice left his man unmarked for most of the game he always does why doesnt the spoofer play nial o'reily who has proven himself on several ocasions

Hopefully we beat rovers but get knocked out in the next round as there is no point in going to the final as we will probly get setanta or and europe which means farrelly will stay and wats the point in having another terrible season including losing all setanta and european games when we can just get dolan in and build for 2008 normaly i would never wish bohs to lose but i cant stand having him in charge anymore.

nshoop
26/08/2006, 10:01 PM
connor powell can do a good job at left back if he gets run of games he looked bad cause the passes back to him in the second half were terrible is there any footage of farrelly actualy moving out of the centre circle. Rice left his man unmarked for most of the game he always does why doesnt the spoofer play nial o'reily who has proven himself on several ocasions

Hopefully we beat rovers but get knocked out in the next round as there is no point in going to the final as we will probly get setanta or and europe which means farrelly will stay and wats the point in having another terrible season including losing all setanta and european games when we can just get dolan in and build for 2008 normaly i would never wish bohs to lose but i cant stand having him in charge anymore.

I'd take him as a player,he's top class but what do you expect from him as a manager when he's getting bood at home every game because the players around him aren't consistent enough?It was the same with mahon and kenny,do yous like giving good managers dogs abuse verbally and physically in kenny's case?I wonder why you're called scum?

Réiteoir
27/08/2006, 1:03 AM
Farrelly is an utter inept fool though.

He's by no way a good manager - I'd rank him lower than the fella who managed Pioneers in 1925-26 (2 points all season)

kdjaC
27/08/2006, 1:06 AM

good player tho.

kdjac

nshoop
27/08/2006, 1:13 AM

He's by no way a good manager - I'd rank him lower than the fella who managed Pioneers in 1925-26 (2 points all season)

Well I know he's a very good player and given a fresh go with a good team,helpful support and a few euros,I'd say he'd do well as a manager.I think if bohs don't sack him by the end of the season,he'll resign because he'll be fed up taking sh*te.Anyway,it's not working for yous now and long may it continue till tuesday and onwards.

Hoops fans can avoid the hassell on tuesday by buying their tickets at the club office on monday btw,koh

sligoman
27/08/2006, 1:24 AM
So TG4 aren't showing the replay for this then no?:confused:

nshoop
27/08/2006, 1:29 AM
So TG4 aren't showing the replay for this then no?:confused:

No,bit strange.I reckon there would be a demand,it might bring out a few more nuetrals to the game with it not being on tv

BohsFans
27/08/2006, 2:03 AM
I think if bohs don't sack him by the end of the season,he'll resign because he'll be fed up taking sh*te.Anyway,it's not working for yous now and long may it continue till tuesday and onwards.

:D

I'm now convinced your a WUM

(or POSSIBLY O'Neill Cummins from aertel!):rolleyes:

higgins
27/08/2006, 2:15 AM
Farrelly is a complete gob****e but I still think you had your chance and the replay will be fairly straight forward for Bohs. Id expect a 3-0 or 3-1 from them up in Dalymount.

You may have good players but the Bohs team have been round the block befor ean have the experience required to get through the tie. They SHOULD win but who knows with that moron as manager.

mypost
27/08/2006, 5:11 AM
I still think you had your chance and the replay will be fairly straight forward for Bohs. Id expect a 3-0 or 3-1 from them up in Dalymount.

:D :D :D

Anyone who thinks we've had our chance, has obviously never watched a Rovers-Bohs game before. Normal match forecasts are, as shown once again on Friday night, suspended for this fixture. It can go either way, period.

bohs til i die
27/08/2006, 8:36 AM
I'd take him as a player,he's top class but what do you expect from him as a manager when he's getting bood at home every game because the players around him aren't consistent enough?It was the same with mahon and kenny,do yous like giving good managers dogs abuse verbally and physically in kenny's case?I wonder why you're called scum?

Farrelly gets grief becuase of his record as manager.

He gets grief because his performances as a player lack any passion. His inability/unwillingness to move at anything other then strolling pace is criminal in this league.

Farrelly got boo-ed for the first time when we played Waterford Crystal. A whole 21 months after he took over.

swano
27/08/2006, 1:12 PM
I thought you got worse when Farrelly came on. He just stood in the centre circle thinking that'd be enough for him to control the game. You'd also expect the manager to open his mouth when he's on the pitch.

Passive
27/08/2006, 5:03 PM
Bohs were definitely worse when Farrelly came on. He was absolutely awful.

BohsFans
27/08/2006, 5:33 PM

Any chance for even one second you might see where we're coming from now? :confused:

Roverstillidie
27/08/2006, 5:50 PM
Any chance for even one second you might see where we're coming from now? :confused:

we do, but we think its fantastic

pete
27/08/2006, 5:52 PM

I've never understood why Bohs pay him 2 wages as only does 1 1/2 jobs as he is "injured" so often.

nshoop
27/08/2006, 5:57 PM
I have to say,he was sh*te on friday but I think he's just fed up.Where's his incentive to play and manage with passion and effort?For all the loyal supporters?Eh no,for his players who show great determination for 90mins and don't sh*t themselves at the first sign of danger?I don't moniter bohs' progress or see a lot of them,thankfully,but it's clear that farrelly sees what the club is about now and doesn't really care anymore.Thankfully we have a good team spirit and a great amount of effort is put in on and off the pitch and it's paying dividends.Our players aren't the greatest but they see what the fans are about and give that extra bit more as illustrated on friday and that has and always will be the difference between rovers and bohs.Come along to dalyer on tuesday and see it for yourself,prediction:2-1 rovers,koh

BohDiddley
27/08/2006, 6:19 PM
I'm a relatively recent Bohs supporter, so please excuse the heresy, but I'd say there's more passion among the players these days when they meets Shels.

fergalr
27/08/2006, 6:35 PM
good player tho.
kdjac
Not going by his performance on Friday - even the left-full was giving out to him!

bohs til i die
27/08/2006, 6:52 PM
but it's clear that farrelly sees what the club is about now and doesn't really care anymore.

Farrelly sees what the club is about because he has played a huge role to create the mess the club is in. He took over and dropped the bar of expectation so low and delivers results way below this bar of expectation.

chippie0001
27/08/2006, 7:11 PM
I have to say,he was sh*te on friday but I think he's just fed up.Where's his incentive to play and manage with passion and effort?For all the loyal supporters?Eh no,for his players who show great determination for 90mins and don't sh*t themselves at the first sign of danger?I don't moniter bohs' progress or see a lot of them,thankfully,but it's clear that farrelly sees what the club is about now and doesn't really care anymore.Thankfully we have a good team spirit and a great amount of effort is put in on and off the pitch and it's paying dividends.Our players aren't the greatest but they see what the fans are about and give that extra bit more as illustrated on friday and that has and always will be the difference between rovers and bohs.Come along to dalyer on tuesday and see it for yourself,prediction:2-1 rovers,koh

If that is how Farrelly sees the club and the job he is an even bigger idiot than I gave him credit for. Come the 5th Sept when the deal is done and Dalymount is sold as such, Bohs will be the richest club in the country. Not through planning etc just good luck before anyone has a go. If GF cannot see what lies ahead, with our board then he is a fool. Money will be spent and soon we will have the biggest budget in the league. Any manager worth his salt should see the potential there.***

*** the above may is my best guess at what will happen to the money and I have 6 years of history to back that theory up. :rolleyes:

nshoop
27/08/2006, 8:01 PM
If that is how Farrelly sees the club and the job he is an even bigger idiot than I gave him credit for. Come the 5th Sept when the deal is done and Dalymount is sold as such, Bohs will be the richest club in the country. Not through planning etc just good luck before anyone has a go. If GF cannot see what lies ahead, with our board then he is a fool. Money will be spent and soon we will have the biggest budget in the league. Any manager worth his salt should see the potential there.***

*** the above may is my best guess at what will happen to the money and I have 6 years of history to back that theory up. :rolleyes:

Money has f*ck all to do with it.It's not like yous are on the brink of bankruptcy at the moment.It's the attitude of your players and fans that I'd worry about,and bohs fans slag off our board and yet their own board is a joke.22 senior members who give a good few grand a year all vote on everything and give their opinions and then when they're gone,your man at the top,can't remember his name,makes all the decisions himself.Very democratic.I have no doubt bohs will find a way to p*ss the money away on sh*te players and whatever else.

NeilMcD
27/08/2006, 8:04 PM
I thought Farelly was rubbish when he came on. Kept on giving the ball away and barely moved. I though Powell was really good in teh first half and he looked quality to me but in the second the crowd may have got to him but he was not half as good. Bohs were rubbish in the 2nd half but should have made more of their superiority in the 1st half. Fair play to Rovers for their 2nd half performance. I feel the replay could go to the wire too but if Bohs play like they did in teh 1st half for 90 mins they should win.

Was it a penalty. Could not see properly from where I was and my dad said it may have been ball to hand but a few lads around me said it was a cert of a penalty.

BohsFans
27/08/2006, 8:14 PM
22 senior members who give a good few grand a year all vote on everything and give their opinions and then when they're gone,your man at the top,can't remember his name,makes all the decisions himself.Very democratic.I have no doubt bohs will find a way to p*ss the money away on sh*te players and whatever else.

^^^^^ If that's meant to be about Bohs then shut up. :rolleyes:

22 senior members? :confused:

btw a space follows full stops!