PDA

View Full Version : Meeting of Ireland and Germany fans

soccerc
24/08/2006, 7:28 PM
As previously posted the Official German Fans club want to meet up before the game in Stuttgart and have arranged a beer garden for the occasion.

Ansgar Marx, the local rep, has sent me the following details of the arrangements of the meet location which is only 200m from the stadium

Hi to all Irish football fans!

In the course of the international football match Germany vs. Ireland on September 2nd, 2006, the fanclub of the german national football team has organized a meeting of fans, which will take place at:

Station - Gastronomie Daferner (Gastronomy of the VFL Stuttgart)
Mercedesstrasse 90
Suttgart
www.stadion-gastronomie.de

The typical german beergarden is located next door to the Mercedes Museum, about 200m away from the stadion. A BBQ with freshly grilled meat as well as local beer will be provided for you guys as well. Besides, we contracted a DJ, who will also be happy to play some of your irish CD's! A football ground including a big screen is situated next to the beer garden, so everybody without tickets will also have a possibility to watch the match.

The party starts from 3 p.m. (15:00) on!

We hope you guys are all going to join us and we're very looking forward to an afternoon of convivial drinking! :-)

Greetings from Germany & See you!!!

Saint Tom
24/08/2006, 8:50 PM
sounds like a great idea. well done soccerc for all the good work. always a joy to mix with the locals when away from home:ball:

pineapple stu
24/08/2006, 8:56 PM
Sounds good. I presmue it's on the Saturday?

soccerc
24/08/2006, 9:02 PM

Read it again! ;)

pineapple stu
24/08/2006, 9:07 PM
It dates the match and says the party will be before the match, which could be any day in theory. ;)

Don't want to turn up to find no food. :eek: :D Cheers for the link though.

soccerc
24/08/2006, 9:13 PM
It dates the match and says the party will be before the match, which could be any day in theory. ;)

Don't want to turn up to find no food. :eek: :D Cheers for the link though.

I repeat, read it again.

There are more than enough clues there to take away any presumptions, unless of course you want to be pedantic , bear in mind though it was written by someone for whom English is not their first language!

pineapple stu
24/08/2006, 9:13 PM
I believe I shall be pedantic so. :)

soccerc
24/08/2006, 9:15 PM
I believe I shall be pedantic so. :)

Typical display of your arrogance there pedant :D

pineapple stu
24/08/2006, 9:17 PM
There should be a comma before pedant.

soccerc
24/08/2006, 9:27 PM

And presmue doesn't spell presume :D:p

SUB of the day
24/08/2006, 9:28 PM
:)
sounds like a great idea. well done soccerc for all the good work. always a joy to mix with the locals when away from home:ball:

Sounds the biz...count us in...1 question, after the alcohol free beer of Basle and Paris, I presume the German version will be fully loaded???

Jon'o
24/08/2006, 9:31 PM
Sounds the biz...count us in...1 question, after the alcohol free beer of Basle and Paris, I presume the German version will be fully loaded???

Watching otherwise semi sober people acting the maggot on that alcohol free stuff was one of the funniest things i saw in paris and basle :eek: :D :p

pineapple stu
24/08/2006, 9:39 PM
And presmue doesn't spell presume
I'll be good... :o :(

Back on topic so!

Dallasirish
25/08/2006, 2:05 AM
Well done the Germans....... that should be good craic and will ensure we get in to the stadium early to get flags in place and a few warm up songs.

When they say local beer will be provided ---- Does that mean free?

Dr. Ogba
25/08/2006, 7:49 AM
Sounds like a plan!! Bloody hell can't wait now....less than a week to go!!!:)

casso36
25/08/2006, 7:54 AM
Sure you'd have to show up!!
Should be great crack, i'll be there, will need food!!:D

Then Beer!!!! any lap dancing organised???:D :D

Sligo Hornet
25/08/2006, 8:02 AM
Not sure my group will be in attendance.....they are very keen on Museums, Art galleries, and cultural walks!!:D :D ..........................yeah right....we'll be there!!

Sligo Hornet
25/08/2006, 11:55 AM
hornet u wearin ur rovers jersey any of the days?? we are wearing ours except for the match, ya gotta go green! givin the town a good name....:o :eek: :

Yes, I'm bringing my Rovers top.....prob save it for Friday night....in case we need to look "really smart" to gain entrance to a Top Club!! ( like TOFFS ):D :

Schumi
25/08/2006, 12:16 PM
A BBQ with freshly grilled meat as well as local beer will be provided for you guys as well. Besides, we contracted a DJ, who will also be happy to play some of your irish CD's! A football ground including a big screen is situated next to the beer garden, so everybody without tickets will also have a possibility to watch the match.

The party starts from 3 p.m. (15:00) on!

We hope you guys are all going to join us and we're very looking forward to an afternoon of convivial drinking! :-)

Greetings from Germany & See you!!!

Woo hoo. :D See you all there. :cool:

Jon'o
25/08/2006, 12:19 PM
is this going to be the foot.ie meet up?

only 10 or so mins away from my hotel! :D

murtybyrne
25/08/2006, 1:13 PM
very much so looking that way

Our group will be there, should be some craic!!

Babysis
25/08/2006, 1:31 PM
Im pretty sure myself andGreen Tribe and the others we are going with will be there. sounds like a good laugh:)

Dallasirish
25/08/2006, 5:14 PM
We will be there with 18ftx8ft tri-color in hand! Should be a great laugh. Six days to go and I is gettin wheels off excitied!

pineapple stu
25/08/2006, 10:16 PM
Besides, we contracted a DJ, who will also be happy to play some of your irish CD's!
Did someone say Christy Moore live at the Point blaring out Joxer goes to Stuttgart? :)

Green Tribe
27/08/2006, 6:55 PM
Im pretty sure myself andGreen Tribe and the others we are going with will be there. sounds like a good laugh:)

yes indeed, that'll be a good one! Sample the local brew! I've been putting in a lotta hours in my German practice BS! :D

AidoM
28/08/2006, 6:00 PM
yes indeed, that'll be a good one! Sample the local brew! I've been putting in a lotta hours in my German practice BS! :D

Wonder if anyone will be going "Dutch" :eek:

pegan
29/08/2006, 11:25 AM
when you are at the free or not so free beer garden,,,, would like to meet up with fellow Sligo people,,,, mines the tee shirt with 'pegan on tour' on it

see you there,,, by the way TOFFS a high class joint????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????

Sligo Hornet
29/08/2006, 2:41 PM
A group of seven ( but only 4 of Sligo "blood" ) will be there......look forward to sharing a few jars with other "intelligent" people!;)

Babysis
29/08/2006, 5:05 PM

Defo GT. We will be getting the party started on Thursday night in Noorff Landan - Ive been practicing my german too ;) :D should be good fun

Schumi
03/09/2006, 4:26 PM
This was good fun yesterday. Thanks to soccerc for setting this up!

paul_oshea
04/09/2006, 2:21 PM
i was supposed to go in the afternoon, went there afterwards, was wrecked, went again fairly quickly. i met green tribe and babysis in the schlozzplatz so im assuming that they never went out to this

Green Tribe
04/09/2006, 9:39 PM
i was supposed to go in the afternoon, went there afterwards, was wrecked, went again fairly quickly. i met green tribe and babysis in the schlozzplatz so im assuming that they never went out to this

Indeed herman and i have missed flight t glasgow by 5 mins :mad: stansted overnighter by looks of things and am on first flight tomorrow morning even though i hav still not got my bag back yet :eek: fume fume :rolleyes:

pineapple stu
04/09/2006, 10:01 PM
This was good fun yesterday. Thanks to soccerc for setting this up!
Echoed! E2,50 for a half-litre (don't care if soccerc got it cheaper!) and a great game of ball on the pitch where the heroic Irish - short a good eight or nine players on their opponents - held the Germans to a 2-2 draw. I would have scored on my Ireland debut but, after surprising myself with my initial take down, the biggest arse in Germany came from nowhere to block my shot. :) Ah well!

soccerc
04/09/2006, 10:16 PM
Echoed! E2,50 for a half-litre (don't care if soccerc got it cheaper!) and a great game of ball on the pitch where the heroic Irish - short a good eight or nine players on their opponents - held the Germans to a 2-2 draw. I would have scored on my Ireland debut but, after surprising myself with my initial take down, the biggest arse in Germany came from nowhere to block my shot. :) Ah well!

LOL, the beer must have been working its magic so. Ireland were leading 3-1 befroe being pegged back to 3-3, at least that's how I saw it through the beer goggles.

Seriously I received this today from one of the organisers

I arrived sunday morning at 8 a.m. back home after an exciting bus tour. I hope you had a good trip back home too.

Thanks a lot for your visit on the fan meeting. We had a great time and enjoyed the day.

I got many positive feedbacks from our fanclub members.

Special thanks for the whiskey.

I will send you some pictures in a few days.

Best wishes

Ansgar

pineapple stu
04/09/2006, 10:24 PM
Nope - 1-0, 1-1, 2-1 and then 2-2. I nearly poached the second myself but thought it would be a bit too nasty. Their second was the last kick of the game before play was stopped by random punters invading and robbing the ball.

Anyhoo, good to hear the Germans enjoyed it. Were they the crowd from Gelsenkirchen?

soccerc
04/09/2006, 10:31 PM
Nope - 1-0, 1-1, 2-1 and then 2-2. I nearly poached the second myself but thought it would be a bit too nasty. Their second was the last kick of the game before play was stopped by random punters invading and robbing the ball.

Anyhoo, good to hear the Germans enjoyed it. Were they the crowd from Gelsenkirchen?

Not the way I saw it and the Germans also thought it was 3-3 :confused:. The random fcukers didn't want the Irish to win

The ones were were with were the German Fan Club regional organisers from Gelsenkirchen, Stuttgart and Saarbrucken. Another was a German FA Official responsible for assisting the fan club. he even brough one of our party over the the empty stadium at 6pm to put his flag up.

Desyf
11/09/2006, 12:34 PM
I played centre half for 5 minutes before I was taken into the stadium to hang the flag.

Did anyone film this friendly 'cos I'd like to see my vituoso performance in defence.
When I left it was still o-o by the way ;)

Green Tribe
11/09/2006, 7:42 PM
never made it to the meet-up :( , when we got to stadium, nobody seemed to know about it :confused:

Babysis
11/09/2006, 7:51 PM
never made it to the meet-up when we got to stadium, nobody seemed to know about it :confused:

we were also too busy taking pictures of us with police men :D ;)

Green Tribe
11/09/2006, 7:57 PM
we were also too busy taking pictures of us with police men ;)

true enough, they just kept us back, didn't they?? :rolleyes: :D

Babysis
11/09/2006, 8:01 PM
true enough, they just kept us back, didn't they?? :D

They couldnt get rid of us quick enough - probably to do with the shout of "totty watch" they were greated with:D ;)

Green Tribe
11/09/2006, 8:14 PM
They couldnt get rid of us quick enough - probably to do with the shout of "totty watch" they were greated with;)

heh heh....yeah. poor lads :D
the one on the train could go on totty watch i have to say! phwoar! :p