PDA

View Full Version : Livescore - better than aertel?

pete
07/08/2002, 5:02 PM
Livescore.com Irish section (http://www.livescore.com/default.dll?page=ireland)

Jim Smith
07/08/2002, 10:16 PM
...I used livescore during the World Cup when I was too busy to watch the thing on telly.

I found it quite good. Just how prompt they will be with the eL I don't know (WC was usualy updated within one or two minutes of the event (goals bookings etc.)).

Soccernet gave a more detailed minute by minute account of the goings on but it was very 'Daily Mailish' - 'plucky Irish' sort of thing - and I doubt very much if they would 'stoop' to eL.

God knows we all know the problems of getting results so any addition is welcome.

Thanks for the heads up Pete

RamblersWeb
08/08/2002, 2:02 PM
unfortunately Livescore, while otherwise excellent, lacks any First Division coverage, hence aertel remains a necessity for the majority of club fans.

Jim Smith
08/08/2002, 2:33 PM
...sorry I missed that - you'll just have to get yourselves promoted :D

On a related note, the FAI site has improved greatly. Its still a bit on the slow side updating tables, results and the like but at least the 'Domestic' link links to the eL and not some Irish in England stuff :eek:

They seem to be making a bit of an effort (at last).

pete
08/08/2002, 4:03 PM
I think livescore started covering the eL at the end of last seaosn but i only noticed a few weeks ago - some suggestions they nicking from aertyel anyway but will be interesting to see.....

Ceefax is even better than aertel as has given full team lineups for irish teams in europe so far this season.

The FAI official site is IMO a poorly designed site with real strange choice of colours. I suppose it could be said it has improved on previous efforts but then again it was never updated before so wouldn't be too hard to improve :eek: Navigating ther fai site can be a bit weird too with "news & tables" strangely thrown together yet theres no news on that page.