PDA

View Full Version : Too posh to shout

Rory H
24/08/2006, 11:35 AM
http://www.sligorovers.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=168&Itemid=88

here is part of it

But all that pales in comparison to the big COULDN’T UNDERSTAND – this ‘to posh to shout’ which has descended on the Showgrounds. It’s an epidemic. It’s almost at fever pitch and the other threat we have to contend with is that we are going to lose this team very soon.

Do the sums – the figures will add up, but the books will not balance. More supporters need to come back quickly – where have you all gone?

On Friday night we saw a masterful display.
Two up and cruising early on. Great headline potential – Singh On Song will be plastered across the nationals (newspapers) in the not too distant future.

I must admit I had my doubts, but I have changed my mind. When he settles into the team he will be a major threat to opposing defenders. Not the finished article yet, but he’s getting there.

And the way we adjusted when it was 10 against 11 augurs well for the remainder of the season. That third place finish is not out of the question yet, and you know what that might mean – European football. Maybe we could play our home game away because the level of encouragement from behind the perimeter fence is ………… SILENCE PLEASE – we’re too posh to shout.

epedemic...i dont know about that but i dont like being outsung by 10 lads from the sea side,especially when we outclassed them on the field

do you think if a few people sitting about the away dug-out stood up and shouted "stand up for the bit'o red" would everyone do likewise....could be worth a shot:p

lets face it..the shed is dead...we wont forget the time it seemed it was so full no could move the day we won the league...not its got about 20....

we all complain about it...id really be up for that blue stand thing that happened earlier in the season...we've seen how the team react at away games when we get behind them....maybe we need to do it at home games too......

Rory H
24/08/2006, 11:44 AM
ya but basically its the same thing aint it...

SligoBrewer
24/08/2006, 11:49 AM
i havent been recently bcoz of gaeltacht etc..

but wen i did go 2 the blue stand i found the craic 2 b deadly

SligoBrewer
24/08/2006, 11:51 AM
want 2 try and organize it again?

Rory H
24/08/2006, 11:55 AM
No it's not near as bad no offense it was tried to be organised the last time but the majority of lads on here choose to sit on their hands and look on. Nice low roof for a good atmosphere.

yes that seems to be the problem alright

i do want to try it again brewer.....

SligoBrewer
24/08/2006, 11:57 AM
i wont b there 4 bray bt all other games yeah..

we do fcuk all in the shed nyways

Rory H
24/08/2006, 11:58 AM
the odd "red army" if we are winning.......

SligoBrewer
24/08/2006, 11:59 AM
occasionally

Red Star
24/08/2006, 2:20 PM
http://www.sligorovers.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=168&Itemid=88
I saw him up in Drogheda I don't think he did any singing up there. It's very easy to criticize but if you don't take part your self your words are meaningless :rolleyes:

So what's the story Saturday night lads will the blue stand be in full flow singing, drums, flags etc

Rory H
24/08/2006, 2:25 PM
I saw him up in Drogheda I don't think he did any singing up there. It's very easy to criticize but if you don't take part your self your words are meaningless :rolleyes:

So what's the story Saturday night lads will the blue stand be in full flow singing, drums, flags etc

maybe not saturday but give us time.....

Red Star
24/08/2006, 2:30 PM
Bohs at home Saturday the 9th of September? Next home game

Rory H
24/08/2006, 2:35 PM
yep.....if we have supermans drum,maybe a badhron,couple of flags...id say it would work....

Red&White Rover
25/08/2006, 10:43 AM
what i notice, about the blue stand singing, it always seemed to lift the shed, as it felt they had competition, and thus sang more.

therefore: more singing from every side.

Bravo
28/08/2006, 12:20 PM
In fairness I taught the Shed done well on saturday night! the slagging in the Jinksy was great craic, Stenny gave Doyle loads of it. Its the way forward, a nice crew building up in there now.
Do many of you go to the Shed? & would you not come over to the Jinks ave stand? we'd lift the roof together.

Rory H
28/08/2006, 12:23 PM
i dont go to the shed...just behind the goal..thinking about going to blue stand for bohs though

1 9 2 8
28/08/2006, 6:43 PM
In fairness I taught the Shed done well on saturday night! the slagging in the Jinksy was great craic, Stenny gave Doyle loads of it. Its the way forward, a nice crew building up in there now.
Do many of you go to the Shed? & would you not come over to the Jinks ave stand? we'd lift the roof together.
What we need is a properly organised ultras group even Accrington Stanley have one

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/8060/a2tn.jpg
http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/8392/home3lm.jpg
http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/7532/tifofoto39c4jw.jpg
BTW Brays tifo flags looked the part

Red&White Rover
28/08/2006, 8:20 PM
maybe if all the people who complained about the shed being dead, came into it and sang themselves, then maybe, just maybe we'd have a super home atmosphere to strike fear into opposing teams...and anyway as the winter weather starts to take hold inevitably more people will come into the shed for shelter...

MervilleUnited
28/08/2006, 10:30 PM
Just a thought lads, music after every goal? Music at every oppertunity? Maybe a Red DJ?

The effect at rugby league grounds in the UK seems to result in a lot of singing!:) Maybe we are embarrased with our voices:eek: and need them drowned out by a decent PA!

gustavo
29/08/2006, 12:30 AM
Great Idea MervilleUnited

The Stars
29/08/2006, 10:14 PM
and we could use different songs for different players....i.e.Home and Away theme when Hughes scores.

MervilleUnited
30/08/2006, 5:33 PM
and we could use different songs for different players....i.e.Home and Away theme when Hughes scores.

Yep,
Come to the Showgies for that all round entertainment experience!:)

I can just see (And Hear!) it now, the rovers player hit parade, need a fast DJ who is on the ball, Scruffy perhaps?!:eek: