PDA

View Full Version : UEFA Cup 1st Round Proper

finnpark
24/08/2006, 10:31 AM
I really hope Derry don't move their home tie away from the Brandywell. If they are going to have any hope of making the group stages then they must play at the Brandywell. Giving up home adavantage is a disaster as Gretna found out 2 weeks ago. Cant see Derry progressing if they dont play at the Brandywell.

Schumi
24/08/2006, 10:35 AM
I really hope Derry don't move their home tie away from the Brandywell. If they are going to have any hope of making the group stages then they must play at the Brandywell.

I don't think they'll be allowed play at the Brandywell. The ground specifications for the first round proper are higher than for the qualifying rounds.

Red&White
24/08/2006, 10:37 AM
I really hope Derry don't move their home tie away from the Brandywell. If they are going to have any hope of making the group stages then they must play at the Brandywell. Giving up home adavantage is a disaster as Gretna found out 2 weeks ago. Cant see Derry progressing if they dont play at the Brandywell.

1. We may not have a choice.

2. For the issues involved:
http://www.derrycitychat.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6824
and
http://www.derrycitychat.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6829

3. We still have a second leg to play tonight, we're not quite there just yet.

finnpark
24/08/2006, 2:14 PM
:mad: Disaster for Derry that. Shels used the same excuse before and I dont buy into it. Clubs just say that to silent disgrunted regulars. If Derry move away from the Brandywell you can kiss goodbye to goup stages football. Shels went for the quick cash against Deportivo and now they are bankrupt. Hope Derry do it but they need home advantage.

On the other issue, think Derry will make next round. Should have been 10-2 really. Forde is very dodgy though, I reckon Kenny will be splashing the cash on a new keep for next season. He seems to be very overweight.

Is the match live on any Setanta channel tonight?

endabob1
24/08/2006, 2:21 PM
Don't think Setanta are showing it which is a shame I know RTE Radio are covering it on the RTE Europe channel (it's on the sky radio channels)

dcfc_1928
24/08/2006, 2:47 PM
I've read some of the requirments for first round matches - and there are very few grounds in Ireland that would fulfill the criteria.

From memory - I think theres a requirment for a minimum of 50 press places, with power and telephone lines (or wireless internet)

Theres also a requirement for an ISDN line for the UEFA representative etc.

It goes on and on....................

harpskid
24/08/2006, 3:14 PM
:mad: Disaster for Derry that. Shels used the same excuse before and I dont buy into it. Clubs just say that to silent disgrunted regulars

I suggest you read the requirements for hosting the next round...

BohsFans
24/08/2006, 4:28 PM
http://www.derrycitychat.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6824
and
http://www.derrycitychat.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6829

What's on the link, can't view it because I don't have a login.

I'm sure Windsor Park fits whatever criteria is layed out, but one of the issues seems to be with the tricolour, according to Jim Roddy.

finnpark
24/08/2006, 5:09 PM
Maybe your right but I cannot see why it should differ from round to round.

If they do have to move, which would be a disaster, then I think they should move to somewhere with similar pitch size and contour to the Brandywell. I think Windsor would be impossible due to the history. It would probably have to be abroad, Scotland perhaps. Could be a return to Fir Park.

nshoop
24/08/2006, 6:19 PM
Maybe your right but I cannot see why it should differ from round to round.

If they do have to move, which would be a disaster, then I think they should move to somewhere with similar pitch size and contour to the Brandywell. I think Windsor would be impossible due to the history. It would probably have to be abroad, Scotland perhaps. Could be a return to Fir Park.

What?,if they have to move it'll be to lansdowne,why would they go to scotland?

mypost
24/08/2006, 6:22 PM
Disaster for Derry that. Shels went for the quick cash against Deportivo and now they are bankrupt.

More to do with the fact they gave up home advantage against Lille to play at Lansdowne, when only 7,000 showed up in the driving rain 2 years ago.

Dalymount??

nshoop
24/08/2006, 6:26 PM
Dalymount sounds good actually because they'll definitely fill it

pineapple stu
24/08/2006, 6:39 PM
Don't see a problem with moving away from the Brandywell. Not as if Fir Park felt like an away game.