PDA

View Full Version : Goin' back to Fridays from Pats game

pineapple stu
24/08/2006, 12:21 AM
After the Limerick game.

DmanDmythDledge
24/08/2006, 12:26 AM
Good move as I think as evenings game are better than afternoon games in the winter.

sligoman
24/08/2006, 12:26 AM
****:mad:. Why? Thought it was working for ye?

John83
24/08/2006, 12:31 AM
We liked it, but the gates were poor I guess.

DmanDmythDledge
24/08/2006, 12:39 AM
We liked it, but the gates were poor I guess.
4 games were on Saturday. 860 was the average from those games. Our average including the other games is 533. And the club thinks it didn't work?:confused: :rolleyes: The experiment wasn't given a chance to prove itself.

mypost
24/08/2006, 1:43 AM
the gates were poor I guess.

:D

Gates were poor - UCD?? Never!! :eek:

Aberdonian Stu
24/08/2006, 9:29 AM
I'm annoyed as it was the ideal time to nab a steak post match. Legging it over afterwards and eating late night isn't appealing which leaves only pre-match as a serious option and even that would have to be rushed.

Schumi
24/08/2006, 9:38 AM
It made no real difference to crowds really IMO. I preferred it but the team/club must think Fridays are better.

Poor Student
24/08/2006, 9:40 AM
The experiment never really got a proper chance due to postponements, the World Cup and taking place during the trough in the attendance figures during then height of the summer. I'm not particularly bothered one way or another.

John83
24/08/2006, 10:45 AM
:D

Gates were poor - UCD?? Never!! :eek:
"Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity."
~ Albert Einstein

NY Hoop
24/08/2006, 10:47 AM
Clubs should be forced at the start of the season to pick friday, saturday or sundays for their home games. This should not be allowed to change during the season. Only in this league:rolleyes:

KOH

John83
24/08/2006, 10:52 AM
Clubs should be forced at the start of the season to pick friday, saturday or sundays for their home games. This should not be allowed to change during the season. Only in this league:rolleyes:

KOH
I'd tend to agree. The fixture list published at the start of the season is a fine work of fiction, with clubs changing the day they play, postponements for European games (which were known in advance), and all the other random forces that seem to act on the fixtures.

DmanDmythDledge
24/08/2006, 9:13 PM
I'm annoyed as it was the ideal time to nab a steak post match. Legging it over afterwards and eating late night isn't appealing which leaves only pre-match as a serious option and even that would have to be rushed.
:D :D :D

Rebal Boy
24/08/2006, 9:18 PM
If they play U.C.D vs City on the Saturday September 23rd alot more City fans would travel IMO. Saturday would suit more people. Wouldn't have to take time off work or school then.

pineapple stu
24/08/2006, 9:19 PM
I think so. But the response for the Sligo game was very poor from the Sligo fans - no more than you'd have expected on a Friday. We'll see how many Limerick fans travel on Saturday...to see a team with no keeper...

CollegeTillIDie
25/08/2006, 6:09 AM
Well perhaps we have to move back to Friday's because we will be moving to the Bowl next season and the rugger buggers play on Saturdays? Or is it another last throw of the dice to attract more lazy alcholic currently registered students ? :D

pineapple stu
25/08/2006, 12:58 PM
Worth noting that at 5:15 on Sky this Saturday is live coverage of Chelsea v Arsenal.

Edit - I'm wrong. Thought I saw an ad for it...

CollegeTillIDie
27/08/2006, 8:41 AM
Don't think Man City or Arsenal are necessarily that popular in this country , I could be wrong, but the Irish so called sporting public, can find any excuse not to attend matches especially in Dublin :(

There used to be the opposite phenomenon in this country whereby attendances went up for Cup games. People who never went to League games, would crawl out of the woodwork for a Cup tie. But even this Irish experience seems to be waning.

This is no longer a peculiarly Irish problem, the population of Accrington , seem immune to the fact that their local club The Stanley, are back in the Football League, attendances are worse than some LOI clubs, and are at the same level as when Accrington were in the Conference, some local kids were asked would they go to support their local team , they all said no. One said he couldn't be bothered, One was a Burnley fan , and the other followed one of the Manc Premiershi* clubs ...( and no it wasn't Wigan I'd have remembered that :D).

DmanDmythDledge
04/09/2006, 10:06 PM
I think this will help improve the atmosphere as I always thought that Friday evening games at Belfield were deadly. Rovers last season since I was at one.:(